Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1248
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:26 am Post subject: Modern Tactics - Bug Reports & Suggestions Reply with quote

Some things that really need fixing:
-Soldiers getting stuck in close combat. Teams can get stuck in close combat for example two teams get stuck next to each other and don't do anything.
-Soldiers getting "glued" to walls. Often soldiers get stuck while trying to go out of the building or get stuck in rooms.
-Insane weapon data.
-Soldiers searching cover for too long. Soldiers sometimes can search cover for more than minute (even if they are in building offering great cover) and finally get noticed and destroyed. It's a big problem with RPG gunners.
-Morale problem - the game seems to lower the morale of low experience teams. For example organizations like terrorists or Hitler Jugend should have a fanatic morale, but can't get it in CCMT, because they don't have enough experience.
-Another morale related thing - IMO some troops should behave like they are expandable - for example if I have a fanatic RPG gunner that wants to die for his god, he should be more concerned about firing the RPG before dying than about seeking cover.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

roonburg

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all your points especially the weapons data.

I believe I remember someone saying that moral and experience are linked to the same value so they cant be set independently. Seems an odd thing to me.

Also I'm chuckling at the thought of an expandable soldier. Just add water.

Last edited by roonburg on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh Very Happy .
The CC psychological model was designed to simulate sane people from western culture of life.
It completely fails to show two things. People using their reflexes and hit & run tactics instead of cover and people who don't mind dying or are forced to go to certain death.

The first case:
I made some gangs equipped with AK-47s, SKS and RPG. I wanted them to be hit & run units.
So, they should just run out of a side street, target a Bradley or a Hummer fire an RPG round and run away before anyone can react.
What they actually do in game is running out of a side street, dropping to the ground, crawling, seeking cower, aiming, seeking cover, crawling, seeking cover and getting slaughtered when the vehicle finally spots them and turns its turret.
It's pathetic :hitler !
The worst thing is that they weren't even fired upon. They just stupidly reacted as the AI engine was programmed.

Second case: expandable units. In many cultures, people are expected to die for their leader, country, god, etc.
Not in like die by accidental bullet, RPG, IED, etc. but like in march into machine gun fire, blow oneself up, etc.
Russians had commissars that could shot people for retreating, sometimes used MGs to stop troops from routing (like in Enemy at the Gates), Muslims believe that they will go to heaven for suicidal attacks and die knowing that their families will receive money from terrorists leaders. Japanese had their famous suicidal charges...

Sometimes when I see OPFOR troops running away I dream about having a possibility of shooting at them. Also, I really wish the game could simulate those that are willing to die.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Russians had commissars that could shot people for retreating, sometimes used MGs to stop troops from routing (like in Enemy at the Gates),

Therion, Enemy at the Gates corresponds to reality like CCMT to CC. It just shows yer level of knowledge/education when u reffer to such kind of movies Smile.

Therion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I shouldn't bring up Russians as I didn't actually read any serious resarch on this subject Razz .

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing. Soldiers under fire drop to the ground and seek cover in almost every situation. Even when they are in empty room, 5 meters from enemy.
I just lost a fire team during CQB in some middle eastern village, because they encountered an enemy command team in an empty room.
They dropped to the ground and started crawling around instead of firing which resulted in them getting killed off one after another.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
Another thing. Soldiers under fire drop to the ground and seek cover in almost every situation. Even when they are in empty room, 5 meters from enemy.
I just lost a fire team during CQB in some middle eastern village, because they encountered an enemy command team in an empty room.
They dropped to the ground and started crawling around instead of firing which resulted in them getting killed off one after another.

Those AI modelling works in CC3-CC5...I wonder why they don't work that well in CCMT Wink

Therion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everything.
The bug where soldiers get stuck in close combat exists at least since CCIV or even earlier.
It's weird that CCIV and CCV didn't have that fixed. By six Atomic Games programmers.

If the room clearing works in previous CC, then I suspect that problems with firing in assault may have something to do with giving almost all weapons setup times. Maybe removing them could fix it. I'll check it...

Wall stupidity including soldiers getting "glued" to walls, lost in rooms and MG/RPG gunners doing everything to get a position with a wall blocking their view is caused by making walls obstacles without making necessary AI update. (I guess I'll have to install that elements mod that brings back the old settings...)

Therion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So, when is this close combat thing going to be fixed?
Close combat is non functional now, because soldiers can get stuck for whole game or slaughtered in idiotic way.
It's ridiculous when whole elite squad gets killed by a single recruit just because half its members have frozen with assaulting/firing status and half is crawling around aimlessly Evil or Very Mad .

meade95

Rep: 0.9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
So, when is this close combat thing going to be fixed?
Close combat is non functional now, because soldiers can get stuck for whole game or slaughtered in idiotic way.
It's ridiculous when whole elite squad gets killed by a single recruit just because half its members have frozen with assaulting/firing status and half is crawling around aimlessly Evil or Very Mad .

Has this been addressed yet? Any fixes?

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:

Wall stupidity including soldiers getting "glued" to walls, lost in rooms and MG/RPG gunners doing everything to get a position with a wall blocking their view is caused by making walls obstacles without making necessary AI update. (I guess I'll have to install that elements mod that brings back the old settings...)

BTW, where is this elements mod? Is it available for the public?
Walls as obstacles maybe moe realistic...but for gameplay sakes...it just messes up the squad/soldier AI Sad

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

In this thread at Matrix games

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1824166&mpage=1&key=�

Although they are moving servers , so it may be unavailable for a short while.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
In this thread at Matrix games

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1824166&mpage=1&key=�

Although they are moving servers , so it may be unavailable for a short while.

Yup...unavailable.
Anyone care to attach the modified elements file to a post here? TIA!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot/Walk through walls by The Captain Now available for download at CSO

http://www.closecombatonline.com/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=30&orderby=dateD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Therion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing. "Redeploying aborted by attack". It happens too often, often without real attack and often
For example I order a vehicle to move in order to hide behind a house or other cover and it notices an enemy, says "Redeploying aborted by attack" and then stops and starts firing at it. I lost a lot of vehicles because of that.
Similarly squads close to enemy often get "Redeploying aborted by attack" without any visible reason.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
Another thing. "Redeploying aborted by attack". It happens too often, often without real attack and often
For example I order a vehicle to move in order to hide behind a house or other cover and it notices an enemy, says "Redeploying aborted by attack" and then stops and starts firing at it. I lost a lot of vehicles because of that.
Similarly squads close to enemy often get "Redeploying aborted by attack" without any visible reason.

This problem appeared on CoI too. You have too really micromanage and baby sit your units...and it sucks!

BTW, thanks for the elements mod link, Schrecken.
I was using a modified elements file based on the walls settings of CC5/RtB...I wanted to see what's done with this one. AFAIK in CC5/RtB you can walk through walls...but it's still a LOS obstruction.

Therion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
This problem appeared on CoI too. You have too really micromanage and baby sit your units...and it sucks!

And the worst thing is that when it happens with vehicles, they often require issuing the movement order several times and ignore it many times.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

If CCMT were to have another patch I would ask for these things first.

1. Fix the unaligned graphics on the debreif screens.

2. Fix the save game dialog box to prompt the existing name and description of an existing game.

3. Fix it where dialog boxes don't create little screen atrifacts when you move the boxes.

4. Allow a single player user to see and change the enemy force mix like in CC5.

5. Fix it where you can save a replay after you view it, if possible.

6. When designing a scenario, fix it where it is NOT necessary to plot the deployment tiles for all 5 theoretical players of a multiplayer game.

7. Restrict the number of multiplayers to the number of plotted deployment tiles identified to a specific player. (see 6 above)

Therion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

To me a bare minimum would be:
1. A nation filter for the force mix editor - the game has 4 nations and the team list becomes a horrible mess.
2. A possibility of adding new nations/with their own voicesets/game using team's voicesets instead of sides, as the game has 4 nations.
3. Team Specific chat. It's absolutely necessary for a multiplayer game.
4. Damage to terrain (especially walls and buildings) from blast rating. It looks silly when buildings can easily withstand modern firepower, including 1000lb bombs.

Also, since it was mentioned in product descriptions:
5. Accurate and realistic modern equipment modeling.

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Another important thing. It would be nice if the AI wouldn't call fire-support on it's own positions and if it would use it more often.
Sometimes the AI has 3 of each support and uses only one during battle.

Anyway, when there will be a patch?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: