Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

  Survey
TRIVIA: Are soldiers credited for killing surrendered troops?

Yes
No
Unsure



Results
Polls

Votes 2769
Comments: 2

  Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

  Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

  Donations
__Creeper__ - $10.00
07/08/2020

Bazookajoe - $25.00
06/02/2020

Pete - $25.00
04/11/2020

Anonymous - $10.00
03/08/2020

m2carbine - $20.00
02/14/2020

Dima - $25.00
01/26/2020

mikwarleo - $20.00
01/25/2019

0202243 - $10.00
12/04/2018

tycoon1969 - $10.00
07/31/2018

Anonymous - $10.00
06/24/2018

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.



Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search


 Author
Message
 
BB-61

Rep: 0.1


PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:53 pm Post subject: Reload time Nebelwerfer Reply with quote

I have a question about the reload time of the Nebelwerfer (lovely piece of equipment, by the way). It has 4 rounds/shots. However, after firing the first salvo the reloading apears to take more time than the default length of a scenario/map of 15 minutes. I can understand this, because the crew has to reload all the tubes (don't know how many there are) and that takes time. But how long in fact is the reload time of a Nebelwerfer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
pzjager

Rep: 1.3


PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:09 pm Post subject: Re: Reload time Nebelwerfer Reply with quote

BB-61 wrote:
I have a question about the reload time of the Nebelwerfer (lovely piece of equipment, by the way). It has 4 rounds/shots. However, after firing the first salvo the reloading apears to take more time than the default length of a scenario/map of 15 minutes. I can understand this, because the crew has to reload all the tubes (don't know how many there are) and that takes time. But how long in fact is the reload time of a Nebelwerfer?


Hi,

Mmmm.... What you say is surprising. In SOC, the nebelwerfer has 4 rounds, which can be sent two by two in something like 10 or 12 minutes, if I remember well. So, if you fire your two first rockets early in the battle, you should have some time left at the end of the battle to send the two remaining ones...

In reality, the nbelwerfer was equipped with 6 rockets of 230 mm each. The reload time was quite long.... I am not sure but it was tens of minutes...Could someone help with the exact answer?

Note that in SOC the Nebelwerfer has only 4 rockets, as I wanted to reflect the very low ammunition level of the Germans at this time. But in SDK, or the coming SDKDK, all the six are here!

Cheers
PJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
BB-61

Rep: 0.1


PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What I saw last night was it started with 4 rounds. Shot 1 round, so 3 rounds left. This was early on. The rest of the battle it indicated 3 rounds left, reloading. Giving a fire command resulted in it doing absolutely nothing.

I will pay more attention next time I come across a Nebelwerfer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3


PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

usually i release the first salvo in the first seconds and then check at 2:30 for the second target to hit. If you act thusly you will always get 2 salvos.


To brave men few words are as good as many
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message GameRanger Account
 
pzjager

Rep: 1.3


PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

BB-61 wrote:

I will pay more attention next time I come across a Nebelwerfer.


Yes, may more attention. i am sure of what I say. I spent at least 3 monthes on SOC recently..... (I am now playing on SDKDK)

If you still see that, please tell it to me... Maybe the SOC Plugin is not the version I played....

Cheers
Panzerjäger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
pzjager

Rep: 1.3


PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
usually i release the first salvo in the first seconds and then check at 2:30 for the second target to hit. If you act thusly you will always get 2 salvos.


Agree with you, Polemarchos.

PJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
BB-61

Rep: 0.1


PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, on replaying and using Polemarchos' method what I see is that you start of with 4 rounds of ammunition. Shoot one salvo, it shows 3 rounds. Reload time is indeed about 10 minutes. After reloading is completed towards the end of the 15 minute scenario you see 3 rounds available and ready to fire. After you fire it is out of ammunition.

So, from what I gather should happen is that after the first salvo ammunition should go down from 4 to 2 followed by a 10 minute reload, with one salvo firing two rounds. Right?

At the moment the way I see it is that it gives the impression that the first salvo shoots 1 round of ammunition (available ammo goes from 4 to 3), the second salvo shoots 3 rounds (available ammo goes from 3 to 0). Of course the 1st and 2nd salvoes are the same and the 2nd is not more powerful than the first (right?).

By the way. If in SDK (looking forward to the new version! Haven't played the current one yet though) you have 6 rounds, and each salvo is 2 rounds, this means you get 3 salvoes. If the reload is 10 minutes between salvoes, you cannot fire all three salvoes in a 15 minute scenario, right? That would only work in a 30 minute scenario.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3


PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

BB-61 wrote:
OK, on replaying and using Polemarchos' method what I see is that you start of with 4 rounds of ammunition. Shoot one salvo, it shows 3 rounds. Reload time is indeed about 10 minutes. After reloading is completed towards the end of the 15 minute scenario you see 3 rounds available and ready to fire. After you fire it is out of ammunition.

So, from what I gather should happen is that after the first salvo ammunition should go down from 4 to 2 followed by a 10 minute reload, with one salvo firing two rounds. Right?


At the moment the way I see it is that it gives the impression that the first salvo shoots 1 round of ammunition (available ammo goes from 4 to 3), the second salvo shoots 3 rounds (available ammo goes from 3 to 0). Of course the 1st and 2nd salvoes are the same and the 2nd is not more powerful than the first (right?).


ye saw that too, but since as you stated correctly the salvos are equally strong it is just a counting error and not a real bug.

BB-61 wrote:

By the way. If in SDK (looking forward to the new version! Haven't played the current one yet though) you have 6 rounds, and each salvo is 2 rounds, this means you get 3 salvoes. If the reload is 10 minutes between salvoes, you cannot fire all three salvoes in a 15 minute scenario, right? That would only work in a 30 minute scenario.


correct, because germans had more ammo in the first week of the caudron than they had at the very end.


To brave men few words are as good as many
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message GameRanger Account
 
 
Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle


 
   
 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum




Forums ©





In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited and
found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some of the great Close Combat
mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank all the members of our volunteer staff that have
helped over the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!