Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, this is the strategy situation 2 PM 10 June 1944

I have moved in 2 of my units behind his units and cut 4 of his units of from supply.
In general, there’s hardly anything so sad as an immobile Panther and Tiger.

In this way, those units will be much more easy to destroy, and they pose a much more manageable threat.
There isn’t many more room (free maps) for German BG to be in, so disbanding
isn’t really an option either I suppose, they will just que….

Maps: Abbaye
Date 10th 2 PM

Euuu, Panthers, MY FF stand on guard, and was meant to take a panther in side if it nmoved on the left side of the map,
but dima run it in to the headge and got LOS on my FF, and that may end v bad,
I got immobilized, but the FFs gunner was unhurt and turned the turret and got of a deadly shot at the gun mantle of the Panther,
witch turned into a smoking wreck. Dima is a wolf, probly a Alfa male, thee pack leader,
and he just cant stand a old, damaged or tired pray wobbling about, there his instinct takes over, KILL IT, KILL THAT TANK, I whant it DEAD…
My damaged FF, and its crew sat there satisfied and thought “hey we did grate, shears and soon there will be medals for us all,
cant w8 to be in the papers as a hero.”
so they dint see Dimas 2 nd panther coming at full speed and fired a round that penetrated the lower
hull and started a fire that caused the ammo magazine to blew up. I heard Dima over the radio, “Haha, Good job, Now they just have 2 FF remaining in this BG”….

Yes, wolf or panthers, I don’t know, but everyone knows the Panthers don’t really cause so many death among humans,
the greatest human killer is a fly, malaria etc. This fly, my Fire Fly delivered a deadly shot in the side of that Panther.

Maps: Caen
Date 10th 2 PM
Tactic goal, only support the grater strategy by being on the map and
blocking supplies to many encircled Germans quality BGs.
Limited tactical goal, expand the deploy zone making it harder for Germans to push us of.

This s confined aria, and Dima have LOS from all sides, and them damned Schrecks and MG42s cause casualties.
My PIATs don’t have the range (only 85 meters) so dima know exact how to get the rounds of still stay safe.
When my men reach the top left buildings he brought in a JPZ, and well… That hurts..

End Result, Germans got one VL and I got a new VL. Im cornered, and need some serious glue to stay on the map.
Notice Dimas casualtys, this type of battles he really dominates.
And I supose the few cassulatys he had here, was caused by his own friendly fire, for I dont belive I killed a single German here.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Map: Lingevres
Date 10th 2 PM

Its one of these wonderful afternoons, the chefs finally delivered a descent meal. The sun shines and Im thinking of my next tactical goals and the grater strategy, just relaxing in the shadows.

Nopz, its not meant that one can have a half day off the job, here come the Germans.
In the North –left of the corner the Germans mustered 3 tanks and numerous infantry units.
This is gona be serious, I expected them to assault over the bridge in South Right side.
No time to lose, we must reorganize our men.
The only troops available in North Left is a Command unit and a PIAT and a reg Sherman, they will have to fight extra hard until reinforce is brought up, I also have a scout team, that was almost overrun by the tanks, but manage so sneak away trembling in fear.. .

Yes, now we have PIAT ready, and we see a FF and another reg Sherman have come to help out, and boy do that have a calming factor on the scared men. .
The top Sherman got killed by a Mk IV, now it’s a serious road block.

In south dima bring in some more infantry, he probly though that I had no units in north of bridge, but there was my scouts. They stopped the enemy and tried to crawl away.
That was to much for dima, he bring in a 2cm HT, and that has some serious firepower.
Im sort of happy about that, for that HT will be a nice kill for my FF, that starts to move to get LOS on that HT.

Dima search for my men and spray the hedge, and he dint see my FF.
The second Sherman got behind the house and did some grate damage control as it killed of the enemy infantry that had taken the North house.
The 3 IV all drove up to the hedge at the same time, and I placed the barrage at em, and then the RAF boys made some more damage, they all got immobilized.

End result, was that all? It felt like the battle was so bloody, but possibly it was the stress that caused that feeling. I scratch my head..

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Map: Cristot
Date 10th 2 PM

We are here:

This is a way to small map for some serious tactical game.
I try to put my thoughts into a tactical base plan.
What do I want out of this map?
What does dima want?
The image below is my guesses, the only aria we will not agree this first battle ought to be the Right side exit.

The battle begins

Yes, we are at the right side exit, and here he come with a Puma, and I got a PIAT ready for him. My men is shot by the Puma, damned can I reach him with my PIAT?

Yeh, my PIAT got the Puma. And I moved in a FF to take the Panther in side, I belive it did some damage BUT, Dima moved in another Panther (down the road only half visible) and got a deadly shot in the FFs front.

Stupid, for some reason I move my command team into the church, this is not in the plan. Dima move in 4 Panthers here and some infantry..

Dima get his men from church over to the house where I had the PIAT, and… kill my men..
I have a Croc and it is moved in to just flame that house so my command team can enter from the back, and its out of LOS behind the knocked out FF, but dima ove at high speed and get LOS on my Croc. I lose another FF vs a Panther.

The panther by the house is damaged by the croc, but the second Panther move up and as my Croc is moving back into safety, BANG, its killed…

End result. Tactical goal is reached, but it was a Pyrrhic victory.

Map: Carpiquet
Date 10th 2 PM

We are here:

I enter in the right side, dima control all map. I will be pout of fuel the next round so the plans must be v aggressive, losses of men and goods is of no importance, only ground will matter.
When Im out of supply next time, Dima will come after me and try to push me of the map, so quantity of ground is key.
My basic tactic plan and evaluation of Dima possible setup was guessed according to image below. The south will be focus point of the allied attack, and then as the local defence crumble its just speed that matters, so Dima cant regroup his Germans.

The battle was hard and intensive:

End result at the right side.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting AT_Stalky!

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

tx for that TJ,

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Map: Ranville
Date 10th 2 PM

We are here:

The AL units has been fighting the Germans here for a long time basically just holding the map fought defensive delaying battles.
Now this Tank BG has moved in, and this is gona be anything BUT defensive battles from the UK side.
Its time to go forward in the South, I have the BG to spare and AL is getting v tired.
This is one of the best maps in GJS (recoded), and it offers so much tactical gameplay at high level.
The way the VL is set, is superb, the left side VL is V imp for the germans soon that will be the ONLY way
to get supply ammo and fuel for this BG, and Dima is well aware of this, he know the strategy-tactical integration really well.
The risk he always face is that I will go for that left side VL, so he must always prepare his defence or attack with that in mind.
For the allies, that VL is now a magnet, get it and he stand still next time, but what will the cost be?
Will it even be feasible to take it and HOLD it? Hm, he will have mobile AT as the pre battle tactical plan below suggest,
he will also see when the threat diminish to that left VL and use that resources to fight me where im heavy.
1) Go right in this is a better plan as I can then have AT guns blocking some movement of the
big fields and limit Dimas reinforce moves.
2) And then it will be possible to go along side the right side of map and in 2 nd or 3 rd battle
control the South Right village and its hedges, and in that way deprive dima of the AT deployment that threaten the main goal, as in the left side VL.. So this is a long multi battle plan..
3) What will dima do? well, I believe he grope as pointed out in map below.

The battle begins, and it’s a hard battle:

End result, c

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What a terrific AAR! :Cool Thanks for your time and effort posting.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Fred

Mopolopy

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed, an excellent one, very detailled.

dgfred

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a really, really stupid question but here goes Embarassed Embarassed -

Do you first install GJS 4.4 and THEN install TRSMv.097 on top of that?

Or do you just install TRSM by itself?

Each time I install TRSM on top of GJS, something happens and I have
to reinstall the entire CC5 game after I tried to uninstall one or the other.
I also had the RWA installed, so that might have been the problem, not sure anymore, really confused. Help.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

thats a question many ask,

Install:
First GJS, then TRSM

and unisnatall :
First TRSM, then GJS

As for problem with reinstall:

A) The TRSM pln is as I can see error free.
B) The problem u have is the RAW sub mod, i have now shecked it and it has as far as I can tell errors in it that cause the pln file folder to be emtied as its unistalled, thats fatal for CC5 and reinstall i needed.. I have mailed the maker of the RAW sub mod, so he can sheck this him self, and conferm this, and possible fix that.
The RAW sub mod is really cool, but problem must be fixed ofcose. Awoid install RAW untill it is fixed plz.

Thank for report this fred

Stalky

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you AT Stalky! :ok2

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Since several turn reports were lost due to enemy treachery Mad , I have some
questions on the missing reports. If you can remember:

How did you move your Para's in the first day moves?
What was the German response to these moves?
Did the Germans withdraw from the beaches after the first (am) battles?
If not, how long did they hold out on the beach sectors?
Was Naval Fire effective for the Allies?
What units (brigades/divisions) have been the toughest for the Germans?
Which units have been the most effective for the Allies?

More when I think of them.

*I know this mod is mostly for h2h, but I play alot of single player and have noticed the AI will move the paras all over the place in the first turn. I'm not sure of an effective counter to this as the Germans. Also the AI will not use Naval Fire on my beach units Confused ... but occaisionally will use Air Attacks. As the Allies I am unsure as to whether to move my Beach (am) Assault Units
after the first battles to allow more reinforcements for the (pm) battles, or leave them to disband the German beach units and move on June 7th. What are your strategies regarding this? Thanks in advance for your tips.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Fred

Quote:
Since several turn reports were lost due to enemy treachery , I have some
questions on the missing reports. If you can remember:

PPL can play the GC with out without rules ofcose.
But the GCs me and Dima have played, we have always started the first round as its preset in TRSM GC, so we don’t allow any moved the first ROUND, that how they landed and the Germans as confused and redraw was not on the table. After that we pretend Hitler / Churchill had no say and we are in total control.

Quote:
1)What was the German response to these moves?
2)Did the Germans withdraw from the beaches after the first (am) battles?
3)If not, how long did they hold out on the beach sectors?
4)Was Naval Fire effective for the Allies?
5)What units (brigades/divisions) have been the toughest for the Germans?

1)On first page you can fined some clew on that, but its not that illustrated, I have taken the end situation at 6 th and 7 th, and tried to my best memory draw in the moves done in the two rounds for each day illustrated in the images attached. (forgive my memory if it failed)
2)Ge Was kicked of Juno?, Ge was made impossible in PEB redraw, I believed they moved from Gold to cruelly, and situation was impossible at Oiste and moved to Benouville. (if my memory…)
3)At the end of 8 th all Beaches was cleared.
4)Much…
5) Hu, only Dima can answer that,
6)In TRSM all the BGs with funnies are sledgehammers. AB/AL is tough in another way, I don’t assault with em and normally defend, they do that v well..

Quote:
More when I think of them.

*I know this mod is mostly for h2h, but I play alot of single player and have noticed the AI will move the paras all over the place in the first turn. I'm not sure of an effective counter to this as the Germans. Also the AI will not use Naval Fire on my beach units ... but occaisionally will use Air Attacks. As the Allies I am unsure as to whether to move my Beach (am) Assault Units
after the first battles to allow more reinforcements for the (pm) battles, or leave them to disband the German beach units and move on June 7th. What are your strategies regarding this? Thanks in advance for your tips.

The TRSM UK units at 6th is stronger then in reg GJS, the germans are weeker. I belive the way FP is in TRSM alowes for the first "historical" progress to be more accurate to real progress.

The only time u get reinforce is at 6 AM, so IMO move of the Beachhead in 6 th 2 PM move if possible, the quantity of units is IMO v important. Use em to try grab the most important maps with minimum enemy strength if any on them, no fun come into any of em maps and there are either Lehr or 12 SS who may be at Bayoux, Benoville and Buron at 8 th 6 AM, move with speed and beat em to it.

dgfred.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  271.54 KB
 Viewed:  10983 Time(s)

dgfred.jpg

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stalky! :Cool

Much good reading (and learning) for me with your post.

*I guess for solo play I will just have to make due with what the AI does
in the 6th am moves, since it will not stay put. Still good to know your strategies, and counterstrategies. Cheers.

Best Regards, Fred

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I believe on the first turn we agreed to move any BGs but beach ones.

Quote:
What was the German response to these moves?

21.PzGrBGs attacked Paras not allowing them to move Smile.

Quote:
Did the Germans withdraw from the beaches after the first (am) battles?

that depended on situation after first battle on each beach.

Quote:
If not, how long did they hold out on the beach sectors?

as long as possible.

Quote:
Was Naval Fire effective for the Allies?

uhh-ho, that was one of the main things why i moved to third line.

Quote:
What units (brigades/divisions) have been the toughest for the Germans?

Ost BG Razz

Quote:

2 BGs (Gold and Juno) with 2 Crocs each.
Croc frontal can't be pen. by Pak40 and they r evil Smile

dgfred

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dima Wink :Cool . Will continue to follow battle closely.
Cheers! Greg

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

June 9, 1944.
6am.

Benouville,

Battalion of 9th / 3rd ID keeps pushing on the positions of II./192./21.PzD.

II. Battalion took positions in the town of Benouville stretched from south to north using stone houses as strongpoints. One main defence point and 2 auxilaries were made. The enemy attack approaches r shown as blue arrows - thick is the main approach and thin is the auxilary approaches.

The enemy uses tanx and PIATs to kill our men in houses. The first casualty was MG Team on forward positions. Looks like Stalky has very serious intentions.

Enemy infantry advances to our position with the covering fire of british SHerman V Crab.

PzGrenadiere trying to counter attack but tank guns ruined the attack inflicting heavy casualties.

Our infantry is regrouping and preparing positions to meet the enemy.

The british AVRE was so confidient that it drove on the main road....8,8cm APCBC shell penetrated it's frontal armor and making it's way thru the inside, compartment killing the crew, hit the engine.

Stalk has called arty barrage on my poor acht und acht (Pak 43/41) KO it.

My infantry engage the brits inflicting casualties.

Enemy retaliates with superior firepower so our soliders had to retreat and regroup. AT team armed with RPzB.43 and having only 2 rockets makes an accurate shot at the british tank. After the explosion, Sherman freezes in flames.

PzGrenadiere regroup. AT team shoots the second rocket hitting Crab side making it explode! Pretty good effectiveness, eh? Wink

Enemy is still pushing forward taking hvy casualties

The results of the battle:

Hermanville,

II./22./21.PzD retreats from Abbay de Ardennes thru the lines of the battalion of 9th BDE /3rd Can ID.

Initial plan for the attack, we need to the road to Bretteville to escape.

PzIV is hit by 3inch gun of M10.

Exchanging the shots. Infantry push on the brits in houses.

Disaster! 3rd PzIV is KO.

PIAT KsO SdKfz 222.

My infantry got BBQd.

Attack is still going. M10 that destroyed 2 PzIV is KO by another PzIV!

Results of the battle:

Our brave men achieved the goals despite the overhelming odds!!!

Lebesiy Woods,

II./12./12.SS-PzD keeps pushing on the battalion of 8th / 3rd ID.

the heroes of the last battle here:

Initial attack plan:

Everything starts v good - enemy on forward positions is annihilated.

Attack is progressing. 6pdr AT gun is KO. Enemy sustains hvy casualties.

ANother ATG is destroyed! Our brave men successfully advance!

Uhh, PIAT KO PzIV... Attack is still in progress.

Most of the battle objects r taken. 50m to take the road to Buron! Enemt sustains v hvy casualties!

The road to Buron wasn't taken due to enemy reinforcement...

Rauray,

II./915./352.ID defends against battalion of 7th BDE / 3rd Can ID.

The defence plan and possible enemy movements.

The main enemy forces r seen where we didn;'t expect them. Mortar teams have to regroup.

Here they r! Men, get rdy!

The hell of a battle. Centaur was KO by RPzB. Sherman was KO by Marder I. OUr infantry sustaing casualties and regroups. Enemy taking hvy casualties, but still trying to advance.

Results of the battle:

Damn, Stalk managed to take the road to Bretteville... that's v bad.

Abbaye de Ardennes,

II./902./PLD attacks 8th / 3rd Can ID.

Using superior firepower, our brave men clear house after house.

Great! Enemy sustains hvy casualties and retreats! Go take those houses!

Results of the battle:

all the goals were met.

Lingevres,

II./130./PLD keep pushing on 231st BDE/ 50th ID.

The initial attack plan:

Our men slowly advance clearing hedge to hedge.

The british airstrike was lethal - it killed some infantry and SdKfz 250/9.

PzGrenadiere advance with the covering fire of PzIV

The duel between PzIV and Cran finished with Crab got damaged and retreated. Arty barrage finished ATG.

PIAT disabled gun. Anyway it still has MGs, go,go,go!

PzIV was KO by PIAT from unknown position.

results of the battle:

things went pretty much according the plan.

Tilly Sur Seulles,

Cease fire between I./25./12.SS-PzD and 69th BDE/ 50th ID.

Ranville,

I./22./21.PzD keeps it's attacks against 6th AL BDE/6th PD.

heroes of the previous battle here:

Initial plan of attack:

Good, enemy scouts r spotted:

Keep pushing!

Enemy PIATs KO 2 Pzs. That should not stop u, men, advance!

Firepower and maneuvre - the key to victory!

Results of the battle:

it was costly, but the goals were achieved.

Results on the eve of 2pm 09.06.1944

to be continue...

ActionJacksonDX

Rep: 15.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:56 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

very nice aar. i read all all of it!
what happened to that gc?

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:35 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Quote:
very nice aar. i read all all of it!

i will post AARs for couple of more days, Stalky has them done already but waiting for me to post my turns first.

Quote:
what happened to that gc?

we paused on June 14th, 2nd turn

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: