Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Great AARs. Thanks!

Who won?

Huskarl

Rep: 2.2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:36 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Allied to very good results for June 9. The level of play for the British is clearly higher than for the Germans.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:00 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Hip Hip! Hurray!  

Very Finely Done, this display of your games!

TU!

:)

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Huskarl wrote (View Post):
Allied to very good results for June 9. The level of play for the British is clearly higher than for the Germans.

Hm, nor sure I agree. I think that too few battles have been played, in order to make a solid final conclusion, on who is in fact doing best.

Huskarl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
Hm, nor sure I agree. I think that too few battles have been played, in order to make a solid final conclusion, on who is in fact doing best.

I played this company with equal I am able to rival. But on 30 minutes. My results were better for the Germans to the 9th of June.

I was very surprised by the result of the first battle in the Gold beach. Incredible success of the British.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:47 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):

I played this company with equal I am able to rival. But on 30 minutes. My results were better for the Germans to the 9th of June.

I was very surprised by the result of the first battle in the Gold beach. Incredible success of the British.

Even though, however, I still think that only 3 days of battle is too little to conclude solid, on who is the best. Perhaps the player commanding the German forces will proof much better further inland?

All I'm saying is that 3 days of battle, to me at least, is not enough to conclude.

Huskarl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:31 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Perhaps the only serious drawback British commander - to leave the brigades without supplies for moving forward.

Will there be a continuation of the company or abandoned?

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

I don’t believe one can decide who’s winning a GC after 3 days of fighting.

Perhaps the only serious drawback British commander - to leave the brigades without supplies for moving forward. Will there be a continuation of the company or abandoned?

Hi

IMO, and the way I play GC as allied with superior material resources one should move fast and make sure Bayeux and Benouville maps in the “second line” covered by troops in front of them maps. See attached image. These two maps are IMO thee most important maps to have control over in GJS.

If one plays a competent opponent (like Dima) he is also well aware of this. He will always try to have a unit on Bayeux map. Why? In that way the Germans only have to fight at Bayeux map and not at 3 (or 4) maps (Lingvres, Tilly, Rauray (Thaon)). The math is simple, Germans will lose troops only at one map and not at three or four maps. The reverse is true for UK.
If one would start by clearing Bayeux from Germans, then as Germans control  the maps Lingvres, Tilly and Rauray they will just move in another unit to Bayoux… There result will be that the UK advance is halted forever (if the German player knows what he’s doing, Dima does..).
So the UK need to place units at each of them maps (Lingvres, Tilly, Rauray) to make sure one deny the Germans from enter Bayeux.
For the map Thaon one must (at least) hold the exit to Bayeux, for the same reason mentioned a bow. But Thaon is accessible from other maps…
All units at the maps Lingvres, Tilly, Rauray are out of supply for some battles, thus that’s implicit for the strategy used.

/S

stalkys GJS first days strategy (kopia)2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  267.14 KB
 Viewed:  9806 Time(s)

stalkys GJS first days strategy (kopia)2.jpg

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

CC_CO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:38 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

I never thought of Benouville as the southern anchor in the line, defending Caen. Then again I have never played the GC against a human player.

Suppose then, that meeting engagements are unavoidable within the first week of the campaign, which turns GJS GC, including TRSM 982 GC, into a race - for both sides. The BB-line. Who will get there first.  

Very helpful post Stalky. Thanks.

Last edited by CC_CO on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:12 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Hello CC CO

The Benoville map is important because of the bridge connection and its access to the aria beneath the channel and the supply to the UK units there. UK need full control over Benouville for this, thus needs to have a unit at the Lebissay Woods map (and control South East Buron).
Further getting armoured BGs through Benouville -> to the aria beneath the channel and reliving the AB/AL units there and keeping em supplied makes for a better situation for the UK.
As a general overall strategy for UK (IMO) is to fight in as many maps as possible, and the opposite is true for the Germans with there scares resources.  

Buron is a map of "relative" importance. In the image I made a “lasso” into the village centre of Buron as one need to be there (In the village houses and hedges etc). For UK to move slow, and letting Germans come to Buron first with a strong BG makes for a bad situation for UK…  as UK enter Buron in open fields and may well be kicked of and of and..kicked..of.  

At least that’s my thoughts..

CC_CO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Interesting thoughts. Thanks for sharing. Sad thing you and Dima never played this GC to an end.

Generally speaking, shouldn't the German player try to inflict at least double the amount of casualties to the allied player, than his own, in order to keep  pace with the otherwise unfair odds in resources?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Hi again CC CO

About ratios, I hope Dima comment on this because he has most or everything of this in his head.

Huskarl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:34 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

I played for the GDS and the British and the Germans for. This is a very balanced mod. Resources of the parties about equally.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Hi CC_CO,

while the germans are badly overnumbered in manpower, they have pretty same number of tanks as the british (together with 1 reinforcement per BG), more armored vehicles like HTs, ACs and good number of ATGs - as it was in RL in GJS sector in June 1944.
Also you should have in mind that after reinforcement, the forcepool of CW BGs in TRSM is changed, they loose funnies (most of them), commandos and other powerfull assests they were given for D-Day, while the quality of infantry becomes worse - mainly greens instead of regulars and vets before reinforcement. That's why if the German player could inflict enough damage to the CW BGs to force them reinforce, he will have good chances to counterattack with powerfull german Pz (having 30-40 tanks + ACs each) and PzGren BGs against low quality enemy.

As GC lasts 24 days (till June 30th) and the CW forces have the ability to reinforce my strategy was to inflict as much as possible casualties to Stalk's infantry and tanks while using only low grade units and few ATGs to have them available later in GC for the counterattack. But of cause not everything went smooth vs such a good player Smile.

IIRC (Stalk can correct me), we have played this GC till June 16-17th and reached the phase of my counterattack with pretty fresh units against his weak (due to heavy casualties) spearheads both in the north and south, while Caen, Abbey were still mine.

Huskarl,

Basing on your posts, it looks like you didn't play TRSM, which is, although beeing submod to GJS 4.4, has totally different units, FPs, number of new BGs (not mentioning new data system) resulting in new gameplay and more historical GC where main battles start on 3rd row and not on 1st as in GJS.

Because if you've played TRSM as the Allies and didn't move off the beaches on 3rd day, you are useless Smile.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:29 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Dima I believe its time we engage in battle again. This is probably thee most intense and tough GC I played.

I do agree with Dima about the beach fights in TRSM, they are nothing like reg GJS. One feels the UK material power..

The situation at the 15 th is as attached. I have filled in the  statistics for the Germans remaining tanks in there BGs. A question mark on ?some? of the rear units though, dashed are worn out or low q BG..
I seriously doubt the German have the hardware that’s needed to push the UK to the beach. Its 30 rounds left, and if I only pick of one tank for each German BG that fights each round, the tanks would soon dried out for Germans.. At the moment there are 4 Germans Quality BGs cut of with no supply. Some GErmans BG lack tanks all together but have good infantry, good for defence but low value in attack..  
And I have not reinforced many UK BGs.. During the last days I have moved back the UK armoured BGs and replaced em with infantry BGs, Why? to ware down the Germans Quality BGs, and at the same time saving and resting my armoured quality BGs..
But why debate it its better to fight it out..  

But we see when its over..

Lets get into that fight again mate

/M

tanks (kopia)15th.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  260.16 KB
 Viewed:  9705 Time(s)

tanks (kopia)15th.jpg

sittuation 15th(kopia).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  250.88 KB
 Viewed:  9705 Time(s)

sittuation 15th(kopia).jpg

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 6 times in total

Huskarl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:30 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Dima

I do not remember whether I was playing in TRSM. Seems to play. But you're right. I am really mainly played in the regular GJS 4.4 I went to the beaches on the third turn. At Sword and Juno. In TRSM seems even easier to get away from the beaches.

Have you played with or without Jagdpanthers?

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Huskarl,

Quote:
I do not remember whether I was playing in TRSM. Seems to play. But you're right. I am really mainly played in the regular GJS 4.4 I went to the beaches on the third turn. At Sword and Juno. In TRSM seems even easier to get away from the beaches.

in TRSM the Allies can easily move off the beach, same as in RL. GJS has overpowered German beach BGs and really underpowered CW BGs on D-day.

Quote:
Have you played with or without Jagdpanthers?

once again, TRSM (stands for Total Realism Sub Mod) has alot of new units but all of them were there in June 1944, while JPs were not, though they are in GJS 4.4 - looks like you didn't try TRSM Wink.

Anyway, just check the RL advance of CW forces on same date and compare to the results of our GC - yes, that's why TRSM Smile.

Stalk,

Quote:
Dima I believe its time we engage in battle again. This is probably thee most intense and tough GC I played.

lol who's the obstacle? Smile
you have my email.

Quote:
I seriously doubt the German have the hardware that’s needed to push the UK to the beach. Its 30 rounds left, and if I only pick of one tank for each German BG that fights each round, the tanks would soon dried out for Germans..

hehe, i don't need to push you to the beach, i just need to have more VLs than you on 30th Wink.
btw, don't forget about 2Pz BG Smile.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Hi CC_CO,

while the germans are badly overnumbered in manpower, they have pretty same number of tanks as the british (together with 1 reinforcement per BG), more armored vehicles like HTs, ACs and good number of ATGs - as it was in RL in GJS sector in June 1944.
Also you should have in mind that after reinforcement, the forcepool of CW BGs in TRSM is changed, they loose funnies (most of them), commandos and other powerfull assests they were given for D-Day, while the quality of infantry becomes worse - mainly greens instead of regulars and vets before reinforcement. That's why if the German player could inflict enough damage to the CW BGs to force them reinforce, he will have good chances to counterattack with powerfull german Pz (having 30-40 tanks + ACs each) and PzGren BGs against low quality enemy.

As GC lasts 24 days (till June 30th) and the CW forces have the ability to reinforce my strategy was to inflict as much as possible casualties to Stalk's infantry and tanks while using only low grade units and few ATGs to have them available later in GC for the counterattack. But of cause not everything went smooth vs such a good player Smile.

IIRC (Stalk can correct me), we have played this GC till June 16-17th and reached the phase of my counterattack with pretty fresh units against his weak (due to heavy casualties) spearheads both in the north and south, while Caen, Abbey were still mine.

Hi Dima

Thanks for the reply. Very informative, inspiring and helpful. Man, at some point I will have to play this GC, as the Germans.

I hope you and AT_Stalky will decide to continue your GC.

Cool maps AT_Stalky. Thanks.

edit Jan 21th:

Just read that the AAR will continue, since they have decided to play again. Me like!

Last edited by CC_CO on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Huskarl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Continue to please the company. We'll find out who the best of you. Wink

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Huskarl,

that's not the first GC we play and not the last i hope, but we don't play them to find out who's better - we are old school mofos (as some other guys are, like Mooxe or Zappi) - we play them with Stalk because we both don't see other good players (with rare exceptions, like Mikwarleo for example) nowadays Wink.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: