Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Huskarl

Rep: 2.2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:06 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

I would play with you. I wonder how good you are. But unfortunately I have not worked GameRanger. I do not know why.  Crying or Very sad

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:08 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

reserved

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:08 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

reserved 2

Last edited by Dima on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:09 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

reserved 3

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:22 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

OK, we are running the GC again. We are at 15 th 2 PM at the moment.
We will continue post AARs starting from 15 th from this post onward, this is a jump forward….
Some older AARs from the “gap 10 th – 14 th” will be posted in the “reserved” post abow..

/DIma & Stalk

nikin

Rep: 15.7
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Hello
AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):

Settings: 20min, 95%, morale off,  2 min warning,
how you set the time 20 minutes?!!! And what time is ideal for TRSM?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Hi there

Heres how to set timer at 20 min.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9007&highlight=timer+cc5
Make a copy of the saved game before..

Ideal timer, mmm, There’s probably many thoughts about ideal timer.
Playing a GC in CC5 there is a consensus amongst me and the old dogs that 15 min is a bit short at times, and that 30 min is way to long.

15 minutes may be to short when things are rolling and one has created an opportunity to gain much ground.
30 min is to long in general, as one just don’t have the troops size to fight for such long time. To start a fight direct that shall result in a major gaining of ground, will be risky in a 30 min game if the initial attack fails and backfires…. That means that back in the stoneage when we had the timer at 30 min, we just camped out for 10 minutes and just looked at each other…
Then the fight stated.. Massive loss of time and v frustrating.

Ideal timer is IMO some ware around 20 min, say 18 to 22 min.. I feel that 20 min is right for TRSM, and the way Dima and I play it.

Maybe dima can confirm, but I believe that more than half of our game is not even played for 20 min, but is “truced” at 10 to 15 min, when non is prepared to risk more, and no breakthrough has been made. ..

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:08 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Okay here we go again: The fist battles AAR here are actually played some 10 month ago, so im just trying my best to say what happend.

Stalky AAR coloure Info:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The strategic situation:

15th 6 AM.. Map Linevres. UK 146/49 infantry BG VS Germans 130 Lehr Tank BG.
My infantry is hammerd by Dimas Pz BG..

By at_stalky at 2012-01-25

15th 6AM Map Tourville.. I have a Infantry Bg 151/50 that is cut of, fighting for its excistance. Dima commands the Germans Lehr Panther BG. At least my boys airsupport got a Panther.. In general, UK was just trying to stay here..

The following 2 images are from: 15th 6AM, Map Airfield. Uk BG is the 8/3 Tank BG. German II. 25/12 BG. Both sides are cut of and lack supply.

15 6AM, Map Bois Bavent. UK aimed to puch the Germans to the left, taking the Chateau etc, and the 2 hedges to the left side of it. In the small aria left, Germans will be v hard pressed in battles to come. Images tells the dramatic sttory better than words.. Uk BG is the 153/51 tank BG, Germans are represented by the I. 22/21 Tank BG

15th 6Am, Map steel works, UK has a worn down tank BG, germans has the nasty SS II.26/12..
UK aimes to get the south Exit..  

15th 6AM , Map Caen. Fighting Dima in a city is pest. My men know that all to well. The key not to be totaly run over in a counter attack is to keep to linited objective only.  My thoughts is basicly in the images.

15th 2 PM Back at Lingevres, UK 146/49 infantry BG VS Germans 130 Lehr Tank BG. As im resting my tank BG, this infantry BG is taking the force of Dimas constant hammering. He seem determent not to let me spread out. And I just don’t have the hardware to do it.. Something has to be done, I have to even out the odds in the games to come.. I will do that in the strategic layer..  

15th 2PM. This was a v important battle on the strategic level. I believe that CC5 is such a grate platform as it combines the tactic layer with the strategic. This fight was all about the limited objectives just needed for the overall strategic situation. Both of us had a clear image what we wanted and what the opponent wanted.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Wonderful AAR Stalky... thanks!  Cool

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Agree with the post above.

Thanks!

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Thanx men.

Okay, here we continue.

15th 2PM Map Tourville.. I have a Infantry Bg 151/50 that is cut of, vs Germans Lehr Panther BG.
Dima move forward, and want to force me of the map, especially since his II.25/12 at the airfield map has taken the exit to this map,
and through there may receive supplies as soon as my infantry BG here is through out...

15th 2PM, Map Troarn. Dima deployed in a very forward position and started a aggressive fight directly. I can only guess why, but he’s aware that my BG here stops the supplies to Bois Bavent and has thus made the tank BG there less effective.. I believe Dima went for a direct kickoff.. My plans was to take the left EXIT and move this BG out as another roadblock at Cagny, and replace it with a new BG from Steel Works. The aim is to keep Germans out of supply at Steel works and at Boise Bavent, and thus making it more easy to through dima of em maps. (at least that’s a plan, though I realize that Dima may well kick me of here next time, or at Cagny to let fuel flow again.. )
15th 2PM, Map Troarn. Dima deployed ina very forward possition.

15th 2PM, Map Steel works, my only reall aim is to take the South Exit to Troarn, and move this BG to Troarn next round. Though I really want to move fast here and take as many VL as possible to make the job less hard for the BG that comes next..

15th 2PM, Map Boise Bavent
In this map I will do my best to push the Germans of, or at least force em to fight to inflict casualties. They are cut of supply and starting from the round after this, they will lack fuel to the tanks..  

By at_stalky at 2012-01-26

After move 16th 6AM
It should be 130/Lehr not 120...
The movement is illustrated by blue arrows on the strat map.  The main events is that UK moved a BG in behind the 130/Lehr and thus denying the panzers fuel. If I can keep them out of supply for two rounds that is… One may argue that I have at the same time cut my self of, but I can afford it, I have so many “ok” BGs, and I only have to maintain a present at the map, not attacking.. I would hesitate to use a good tank BG for this job but a worn down tank BG or a “ok” inf BG may serve some rounds as an effective roadblock thus squeezing the last drops of blood out of it and at the same time making the job so much more easy for the rest of the troops....
In South Germans has 2 quality BGs cut off, and this will make UK job a bit more easy there to. Though I fear that Dima will do all he can to through me of Troarn and Cagney in the battles there, (to keep feuel and ammo flowing to Steelworks and Boise Bavent). I have issued superglue to my troops there, and we will fight to the last man…

By at_stalky at 2012-01-26

Statistics, losses 16th 6AM:

16th 6AM Map Bretteville

CC_CO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Great AAR!

A few questions?

1. Does both sides have around 300 tanks each in the GJS GC TRSM 982?

2. Also, Stalky, how do you make these awesome strategic maps with all the units on? Is there a program for printing the whole map with all the identified units on?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Thanx CC CO

1. Dima know all of that...
2. I take several screens, cut out the map aria, and merges em, dont know, maybe like 6-10 images?
I attach a image it explain better..

srtat cut and paste 16th 6am (kopia).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.97 KB
 Viewed:  10079 Time(s)

srtat cut and paste 16th 6am (kopia).jpg

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

1. Yes, about together with M10/C and Marders.

Take in mind that heavy ACs like Humber IV or SdKfz231 are counted as tanx in casualties in TRSM.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:59 am Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

This is a very enjoyable read.
Thank-You

AT_MarkIVG

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:49 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Dima vs Stalky. wow. that takes me back

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

AT_MarkIVG wrote (View Post):
Dima vs Stalky. wow. that takes me back

to the time when we where both still young....

CC_CO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation Stalky. Ok, so that's how its done. Ill try ...to see if I have the same photo skills as you.

CC_CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:06 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

First strategic map made. Thanks again Stalky.

Have you also cut and pasted each unit Icon, or do you copy paste a map-section with the present units on?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM Dima - Stalky GC Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
First strategic map made. Thanks again Stalky.

Have you also cut and pasted each unit Icon, or do you copy paste a map-section with the present units on?

Hallo CC CO, cool,
I normaly dont cut out the BG icons, just copy and past with em on, as is..
though I shold probabley have blackend my BG icons on the last strat map, now Dimas spyes have my whole disposition..

:) BTW,  Iv followed yer AAR, looks good, and ye playes well.

/S

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: