Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Quote:
What was wrong with my statement?

1) How many want to micromanage there Close Combat game as one have to in CCMT? What was wrong with that statement?
2) I said the price of WaR will have a modern price tag, as in Same price as new developed games, as in high price… What was wrong with that statement?

1) Seems like you want to blame the game for your lack of skill in modern warfare.... I wipe my opponents off the map whining about "lethality"...

2) So far the CC's I've seen released are half the price of the XBox games my kids buy.... I get years of enjoyment from CC, they get weeks.

Looks like CC is cheap at less than the cost of a tank of Gas.

Are you sure you're not French?.. seems Grognard fits perfectly.

Schrecken I'd like to know how often you actually play CCMT against opponents who compain about weapon lethality? Actually that statement sort of says the weapons are too lethal, you keep beating them, they complain weapons are too lethal? I remember playing a four player game with you and winning. I remember when the game started my infantry fired a missle and killed about 12 soldiers in one hit.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Schrecken I'd like to know how often you actually play CCMT against opponents who compain about weapon lethality

Only when i play against a big bunch of girls running their sprites all around the map and squealing as they get shot down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Everybody wants more for CC than what it is now,it's just the way society is.

But the funny thing is, if you read these boards no body wants to pay for it.

Take Take Take

Lucky I'm a giver.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual...Shreckie avoids to answer the important questions Wink
Like why Simtek introduced the stupid Girlie_Duckie_Soldier_AI in the first place Very Happy
The soldier/squad AI was fine in the original games, it was the computer AI that was lacking...so the new girlie_soldiers is an AI tweak? Wink

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have aproblem with the soldiers ducking... but then i don't run them all over the map willy nilly to be shot at.

You may play it different?

You may react different too... what do you do when you are shot at?

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me that they are not including the "units_aborting_move_due_to_minor_enemy_action_so_you_have_to_micromanage_units_and_wear_out_your_mousebuttons feature" to their games moving forward. If that's the case, it will fail miserably just like CCMT did.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It will not fail. For Matrix to deem it a success they just need to make more money then they spent to release. Considering how many people they market to within thier networks, it wont be hard. The game will also be advertised to all the canned game review webpages.

It will certainly fail if you compare it to the life of the originals. A game like Close Combat really doesnt generate the same interest these days as it did 10 years ago.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You can be pretty well assured that sales are higher than they were two years ago.

No one was supporting the CC series at all.

You can now buy boxed or downloadable versions, and the games are supported....so lifes good.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
I don't have aproblem with the soldiers ducking... but then i don't run them all over the map willy nilly to be shot at.

You may play it different?

You may react different too... what do you do when you are shot at?

Read my previous post about how the old engine handles soldier ducking (correctly).
Well, girlie_soldiers will duck when shot at...so the new revamped CC is now based on girlie_soldiers? Cool! Very Happy

BTW, how can you run them all over the map? They can barely move a few meters before ducking at the first sign of trouble. Even elite teams do this...elite girlie_soldiers that is Wink

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:

There are different situations during wars - in CCMT soldiers stop under any fire, even from a single SKS.
Also, I noticed that the "aborting move because of fire" often happens when teams get in close combat range and get stuck.

Vehicles are much worse, as they become much more vulnerable when they stop and need time for the pathfinding to turn the vehicle in right directions.
I had many vehicles destroyed in CCMT because they stopped when fired upon and didn't manage to start moving in right direction soon enough.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: