Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote:

...or is it CCs grapix we like so much?

Hey! I love the CC Graphics...especially the maps...and top down view vehicles...and the little soldiers Very Happy
Those 3D stuff just look too rendered and fake Wink

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
I wonder about one thing - is it better to be a mobile target or immobile target when there's no cover available?

I must be speaking martian-talk so I give up....you may see it in the game...although I may have to start questioning the way you play, because I do not have trouble with my soldiers going to ground when they see the eenemy or have a spitwad shot at them.

Yes, it is in fact more true to life for a soldier to go to ground when fired on. I've already said it 2 or more times in here...which is why I think that I must be speaking martian-talk...one thing that former infantry leaders seem to agree on, is that it is very hard to teach a soldier to keep moving forward when under fire. Their natural instinct is to hit the dirt. Yes, it may not be the better, or smarter thing to do, but it is what happens.

Yes RISadler, troop experience, morale, fatigue, command radius all have a factor in the behavior of your soldiers.

Get it through your head, there was no 'girlie soldier enhancement' as you say...I went through over 1000 emails, and a years worth of development forums, and the only mention of soldier activity...over the base CC5 engine behavior...was asking if there was a way to make them more aggressive and address a complaint about going to ground to easy...nothing about making a change to make them go to ground even easier.

And yes, I have to say 'your girlie thing' may be more true to life, but I don't have this problem when I play...and yes, I am saying that any perceived change on your part is not because of any specific code changes to make them act that way.

The fact that the community still thinks that CCM and CCMT were built from CC5, shows that there is just too much misinformation going around.

So I officially give up trying to explain anything...at least until I learn english

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker wrote:

So I officially give up trying to explain anything...at least until I learn english

I think I also have to give up bringing up how the old AI system handles "abort movement" situations compared to the CoI/CCMT AI.

But if WAR is using the base CC5 engine behavior...then we don't have to argue about "girlie soldiers" Wink

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
CSO_Linebacker wrote:

I think I also have to give up bringing up how the old AI system handles "abort movement" situations compared to the CoI/CCMT AI.

Great, so from now on, maybe we will start talking about something else. Your point has been made and I'm sure many people working on WaR's success considered it and decided to take the decison that has been taken. There are goods points for your position as there are good points for the other.

I did play COI for a while and did not find that soldier Ai to be a bugger. Maybe because our tactics are differents.

Grow up, move on and adapt as they say...

I'm glad that this discussion is over Smile

RISadler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Linebacker, thanks for the clarification. Like I said, at the moment I'm playing the CC5 Meuse Crossing mod as the French and found you really have to molly-coddle your troops in the beginning. When they have a bit more experience they become more aggressive, but given the amount of time and effort spent to get them there, I don't feel like wasting them on mad rushes and starting over.

The fact that the "girliness" is linked to experience, morale, etc. is as it should be and soldiers going to ground and aborting movement when under fire is very realistic. How this translates to the game I'll comment on when WAR is released. (I never liked CC3, so didn't buy COI.)

I don't think that by making the soldiers more brave will make the AI more aggressive or more difficult to beat. The AI loses because of its poor tactical strategy and not the performance of its soldiers.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What about movement of vehicles? While I didn't have much problems with soldiers aborting their movement under fire (except for fanatical troops, like in examples I mentioned before and maybe short dashes towards cover.), I found vehicles doing that extremely annoying, especially, when it resulted in them being hit and destroyed.

Speaking of aborting movement - I often get soldiers stuck in close combat, both in CC4 and CCMT. They run into enemy squad and abort movement and instead of starting "firing" their bayonets they just get stuck and any attempt to move them results in abort the movement because of attack thing despite that they aren't attacked - they can get stuck for minutes - it's very frustrating because I sometimes lose whole squads due to this bug, or they simply get stuck and get eliminated from combat despite that all the soldiers are alive. Also, squads can get *pinned down* by bayonet attacks, which sounds like they are treated just like firearms.
The whole close combat in CC series is a mess and it looks like nobody ever cared to fix it.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Aww no, Therion...here we go again Wink

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Serk wrote:

I did play COI for a while and did not find that soldier Ai to be a bugger. Maybe because our tactics are differents.

Grow up, move on and adapt as they say...

Did you play CC3 too?
Just grow up, move on and adapt...be a good boy and don't ask questions Wink

Quote:

I'm glad that this discussion is over Smile

Oops...I forgot that the discussion is over...forget about it then Very Happy

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Jump to: