Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

To hear a guy who has been beaten by a game he rarely if ever plays means nothing. That portion of the review is good for outsiders, but we know the AI sucks no matter what. The Germans on day 1 are going to overpower you on many maps I am sure. Its mostly because they have heavy tanks and the American only have 57mm ATG and Zooks.

Lets not please confuse superior forces with superior tactics!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to add... he was an inexperienced player. (had to eat breakfast first)

As an experienced player you will have an enhanced experience as compared the original CC4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So a bit better then? That's a shame, but if it was possible to get the AI we want, I think they would of done it by now. I don't think it's from a lack of trying.

At least the modding aspects look a lot better.

I just hope that the AI attacks faster, I hate waiting for ages for an attack.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
To hear a guy who has been beaten by a game he rarely if ever plays means nothing. That portion of the review is good for outsiders, but we know the AI sucks no matter what. The Germans on day 1 are going to overpower you on many maps I am sure. Its mostly because they have heavy tanks and the American only have 57mm ATG and Zooks.

Lets not please confuse superior forces with superior tactics!

That's why I no longer read (p)reviews nowaday... wait, I stopped believing them about 10 years ago.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

bkp_mik

Rep: 3.6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe all we have to do is to wait for WAR to play h2h on it Smile

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance we can get some map previews?

please?

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote:
Any chance we can get some map previews?

please?

Well, i dont dare to post anything more.. Embarassed

/Mats

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see some work being put in on this re-release.

Hope this one doesn't include the infantry (which refuses to act as infantry) with the now-popular 'enemy spotted'.

Maybe one of you should make sure that when you try to use an infantry unit it does what it's supposed to, just a thought.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Troger wrote:

Hope this one doesn't include the infantry (which refuses to act as infantry) with the now-popular 'enemy spotted'.

Maybe one of you should make sure that when you try to use an infantry unit it does what it's supposed to, just a thought.

You mean the new 'Girlie Soldiers' AI enhancement introduced to the CC engine since CoI?
I'm sure this will be included Smile

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

With this "great Mad " Ai improvement i suppose i could only use half of the teams in the BG each battle if i should click on them 50 times Sad

Mats

IronStringbean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Troger wrote:

You mean the new 'Girlie Soldiers' AI enhancement introduced to the CC engine since CoI?

I'm assuming this "enhancement" was added to take care of the dreaded AI "crawl of death" tactic. I wonder if they could code it so it only applies to the AI. Either that, or only to the standard move command; so if I want to get my squad the hell out of a house thats under fire, I can use the move fast command, or sneak command if I want them to crawl away under cover.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

IronStringbean wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:
Troger wrote:

I'm assuming this "enhancement" was added to take care of the dreaded AI "crawl of death" tactic. I wonder if they could code it so it only applies to the AI. Either that, or only to the standard move command; so if I want to get my squad the hell out of a house thats under fire, I can use the move fast command, or sneak command if I want them to crawl away under cover.

AI crawl of death can be crudely fixed by coding Infantry as Vehicles...used in most VetMods.
As for the 'girlie soldier' AI...not sure why this 'enhancement' was introduced...maybe to make the game harder? The enemy AI still sucks...but gameplay is harder because you have to keep clicking on your units and babysit every move...brilliant! Wink

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you have to keep clicking on your units and babysit every move

I don't

maybe you sit your guys out in the open where they attract fire.... try short "Move fast" orders to get them to safety.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is...with the old engine...you can assign movement waypoints...and your squads/AFVs will execute the order like real soldiers. They will only abort movement if under heavy fire or if they lose a leader. With the 'new' AI...waypoints are useless...your units will abort movement when they see the enemy.

Short move fast orders? Sounds like micromanagement to me Wink

jscusmc69

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:58 am Post subject: Remake? Reply with quote

All in all looks good would like to see some dif maps like Fishbach and that area where 116th PZ got my dads tanks-D co707tk Bn on Skyline drive 17Dec 1944. This is another must have in the series. Razz

Marines NEVER retreat they ADVANCE in a different direction!!
jscusmc69 RVN

jscusmc69

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sounds like micromanagement to me

Close combat is not about assigning orders to your teams then walking away for half an hour to come back and see the result.

Micro managing is telling individual soldiers where to stand, when to reload and what to aim at.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Micromanagement compared to the old system...a lot more clicks then the old version.
So then...what's the use of waypoints in the new version when units will abort movement at the first sign of enemy activity? You said yourself that to play the new version it's best to assign short "move fast" orders.

I know WAR is done and just waiting release date...so there's no way to fix the new 'girlie soldiers' AI. CoI and CCMT shipped with the 'girlie soldier' AI and not too many people complained about it right? Wink

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You said yourself that to play the new version it's best to assign short "move fast" orders.

No I didn't

I said it's the best way to get out of the line of fire.

I use way points effectively by not running my men through territory controlled by enemy machine gunners..... you may play the game differently, let's call it RAMBO style.... but suffer the consequences by having a lot of dead men.

Quote:
and not too many people complained about it right

correct!

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'girlie soldiers' AI is just poor game design...any way you put it.
The reason why not many people complained about this in CoI and CCMT...'cause most CC fans don't really care about them or play them that much Very Happy

And don't exaggerate...you don't need to run your 'girlie men' Rambo style through enemy MGs...can't you accept that the 'girlie soldier' AI just makes simple waypoint movement almost impossible with soldiers ducking and aborting movement at the first sign of enemy activity.

BTW, in the old games...playing Rambo style will always result in a lot of aborted movement...remember that in the old version men will duck and abort movement orders when under heavy fire, losing a leader etc...realistic enough. In the new version...playing any style will get the same results. Unless keep clicking and herd your girls in short movement bursts. Or what Shreck seems to enjoy...moving your girls in friendly territories only...avoid the enemy at all costs because if they see the enemy...the girls will duck and abort everything Very Happy

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen this.

Lot's of Operation Mars games this week where assaulting troops met with great success.

Russians are resurgent and may yet march on Vya'zma.

You should try playing Cross of Iron on-line a real blast.

But... it's almost time to reset the server as the timeline has expired.

****Note: Men in the open get shot at... use buildings, terrain and smoke to conceal your movements.

***Note 2: If you are caught in the open use short move fast order to reach nearby cover while suppressing the opponent with mortar fire.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: