Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:33 pm Post subject: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Reply with quote

WaR bug and mistake thread…

Please report the WaR bugs and mistakes here…  

Either just a short description what the trubble is, and where it happens.
Please feel free to attach a screenshot.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

M1A1 and a UHaul truck?

Also noticed some roads exit are labelled "from" instead of "to", does this change thier function at all?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
M1A1 and a UHaul truck?

???

mooxe wrote:
Also noticed some roads exit are labelled "from" instead of "to", does this change thier function at all?

The 'from' are entry VLs from off map locations. You'll see these on the german start maps, and the southern maps where 3rd Army enters the area, etc

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

IronStringbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I noticed is that the Axis AI didn't use any of its artillary or mortor assets. I was expecting to get hammered, but no off map fire was used in any battle I played the first turn of the grand campaign. I quickly started a campaign as the Axis just to be sure that they actually had mortor and artillary to assign, and they have 7 of each.

I'm half way through the second turn and I only got hit with an arty strike during one battle (which was pretty impressive). Considering the amount of big guns actually brought up for this operation, its just a little jarring to notice such a glaring lack of use... Shocked

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on Day 1 second turn?

or are you on Day 2?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When playing as Germans, with native language option on, the report for truce offer from US is in english instead of german.

IronStringbean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1, turn 2. I've played about 4-5 battles into turn 2, and only 1 artillary strike; no mortor. I've since started an Axis campaign as it's much more challenging.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Unable to set game up for an automatic connection for multiplayer.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to contact Gamespy for that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think not. There are registry setting present with CC3/4/5 in reference to Directplay. WaR does not make these entries. I think being able to auto connect is either broken, disabled or removed completely.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When selecting Serial or Modem from the multiplayer screen, the windows task bar appears and CC locks up.

I tried this on my XP machine and Vista machine.

Is there something blocking me from playing myself on two of my own pcs? I tried all the usual troubleshooting techniques. I figured since I have one serial code maybe its stopping the connection between my two pcs?

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't access the CCS forums using my regular account Sad
So here's a quickie using a new temporary account.

Anyway...congrats on S3T and Matrix!
I'm impressed with WAR...sure traces of the girlie soldiers AI is still bothering me...but they're not nearly as annoying as "the girls" in CCMT and CoI. The opponent AI for single player games is also surprisingly good...the AI still sux at attacking (aggressive though)...but at least he puts up a good fight on defense...and I like the aggressive counter-attacks to retake VLs while the AI is defending.
More about WAR later...found this "bug" though...I don't how this one slipped past you guys:

SS Panzer crews with Heer ranks (BTW, great job on fixing the rank display bug on the Tactical Map! Now the Tactical Map displays Heer, SS and FJ ranks correctly...awesome!):

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=4054&fullsize=1

A quick look at the adb...oops...txt files...shows that German tank crews (both SS and Heer) are coded wearing German Crew uniforms. BTW, don't forget a tutorial of how the new Uniforms/soldier color codes works...it's been changed from the original format right?

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader wrote:
I can't access the CCS forums using my regular account Sad
So here's a quickie using a new temporary account.

Anyway...congrats on S3T and Matrix!
I'm impressed with WAR...sure traces of the girlie soldiers AI is still bothering me...but they're not nearly as annoying as "the girls" in CCMT and CoI. The opponent AI for single player games is also surprisingly good...the AI still sux at attacking (aggressive though)...but at least he puts up a good fight on defense...and I like the aggressive counter-attacks to retake VLs while the AI is defending.
More about WAR later...found this "bug" though...I don't how this one slipped past you guys:

SS Panzer crews with Heer ranks (BTW, great job on fixing the rank display bug on the Tactical Map! Now the Tactical Map displays Heer, SS and FJ ranks correctly...awesome!):

A quick look at the adb...oops...txt files...shows that German tank crews (both SS and Heer) are coded wearing German Crew uniforms. BTW, don't forget a tutorial of how the new Uniforms/soldier color codes works...it's been changed from the original format right?

Andrew found this, but it was late and he can explain more, and he has it fixed for the patch...I think...again, he knows more on that one

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, a couple of issues with this

Rank gadgets are now handled by the team style in *teams.txt.

SS rank gadgets will show up if you set the team style to SS. Same with FJ.

There are not enough styles to have separate SS, FJ, and Wermacht vehicle crew styles, so they're all lumped together into 'vehicle crew' and thus show the army ranks.

Solutions are:

1) Live with army ranks.

2) Make SS and FJ vehicle crews have the SS or FJ style setting instead of generic 'vehicle crew'. The dismounted crews will be wearing infantry uniforms instead of panzer black, in this case.

3) create new Nations Called SS and Fj and then they can have their own insignia and uniforms.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...

What about the old style codes?
14=SS, 15=FJ (German Tank Crew)
10=SS, 11=FJ (German Gun Crews)
Don't they work anymore?

I'm at work so I can't try them out to see if the old style codes work or not.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:

2) Make SS and FJ vehicle crews have the SS or FJ style setting instead of generic 'vehicle crew'. The dismounted crews will be wearing infantry uniforms instead of panzer black, in this case.

AFAIK late war Waffen-SS tank crews also wore camo...similar to Waffen-SS infantry.
Also Assault Gun crews did not wear panzer black...they wore gray.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed that infantry teams set to defend will engage enemy infantry at long range, thereby giving away positions. Just played some games vs Pzt_Serk and my engineer and zook teams opened up with rifle fire at +230m, flamerthrower team also engaged at long range with rifle. This forced me to put everyone on ambush so thier positions would stay hidden.

Also noticed on map Wiltz that small sections of a road were coded as Stone Door. Noticed a tree element labelled "Snowy Conifer Tree 1"... not sure you guys wanted it that way for the tree name.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that enemy infantry assult tanks, over grate distance... Brave, but they just get killed and in realety we dont do that...

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed that enemy infantry assult tanks, over grate distance... Brave, but they just get killed and in realety we dont do that...

What does this mean?

they fire their rifles at a tank from 100m?

any further info appreciated

thanks

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun crews also engage infantry with their rifles...thus giving away their positions.

O yeah...more on the rank gadgets...I tried the old values and they don't work Sad
In old CC4-CC5...there were 2 slots for German Vehicle Crews (style 3), and 3 slots for German Gun Crews (style Cool...and these can be set as Heer, SS or FJ depending on the style code variations:
14=SS, 15=FJ (German Tank Crew)
10=SS, 11=FJ (German Gun Crews)
...these are gone in WAR? (see CC5 workbook if you're confused).

And Shreck, your suggestion to create new Nations for SS and FJ so they can have specific insignia and uniforms. Isn't the gadget files still limited to 1 type of rank gadgets for Allies and 3 types for Axis? What about uniforms? You can also add more Nations with more color slots?

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: