Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
re: reply to Sapa.
It's called narrowing down the field of investigation.

It wasn't the anti-tank shell hitting the panther that made a splash sound... I asked what was the Mortar firing at... it looks like it was firing at SLUSH!!!!!

But you were 'mean' as usual, Shreck Wink
You already sorta accused Sapa of overlooking mortars hitting the river...instead of digging in deeper to check for possible bugs.

Quoted below...

schrecken wrote:
The Germans have already attacked to the north where the river is.

Yeah...I agree...games usually ship with small bugs and errors.
But come on...theses simple overlooked data errors and QC slip-ups are embarrassing, Guys Smile
And the huge overlooked map coding errors thing...that's a scandal!

For the elements file data anomalies...why not quickly re-check the data for errors/bugs and release a temporary/unofficial fix while we wait for those new map txt fixes...before somebody else runs into a bug that may turn up as another simple data/coding error that slipped through the S3T cracks Wink

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:38 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

I wasnt sure if this had been reported or not,looking at the roof files on the Krinklet map lower left corner.

I never noticed it before but I just got a new mointor so it could be on my end.
I've been looking at the Matrix forums about screen resolution but I still dont understand how to correct the problem of scalling.
The new monitor is 24" flat panel LCD hooked up with the VGA cord.

thanks

UO0023.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  611.02 KB
 Viewed:  12502 Time(s)

UO0023.jpg

Lt_2nd

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

H2H At guns
Been playing a couple GCs H2H lately as americans have seen this happen a couple of times. I have set AT guns on Ambush during the deployment stage typ. a min of 140m from the front line.

At the very start of the battle the AT gun will start firing at an enemy tank, one which it has a black targeting light on, giving away its position. Have seen it happen in three seperate instances. This has happened with both the 57mm and 3 inch gun.

Playing people which have a ping between 120-180ms, have played people with higher pings in CC5 and have not seen this before

funky_ribar

Rep: 14.9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

khm, ok this is not somethin new but nevertheless, i have installed latest patch and still same crap bugs... Confused also, AT guns got too quickly discovered, although they were fixed on ambush, hmhmh

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
its a 1st fl. build
 Filesize:  254.31 KB
 Viewed:  12519 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

Outstanding, Red Team, outstanding! Getcha a case of beer for that one

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:52 am Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

I think they are working on a 10th anniversary patch due out in 2018.

funky_ribar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:40 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

yuma wrote (View Post):
I think they are working on a 10th anniversary patch due out in 2018.

yeah... so called gold edition.. Rolling Eyes

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

worth 25 bucks:)

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:52 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

The "Developers Pack" is due for next release.

Includes a licensed copy of notepad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

funky_ribar wrote (View Post):
khm, ok this is not somethin new but nevertheless, i have installed latest patch and still same crap bugs... Confused also, AT guns got too quickly discovered, although they were fixed on ambush, hmhmh

I've tried to replicate this three times now and I cannot get LOS through the second building, let alone to the road where your slaughter is.

WaR0001.jpg
 Description:
Has a valid LOS
 Filesize:  152.35 KB
 Viewed:  12443 Time(s)

WaR0001.jpg

WaR0002.jpg
 Description:
LOS blocked
 Filesize:  128.84 KB

WaR0002.jpg

WaR0003.jpg
 Description:
LOS blocked
 Filesize:  153.21 KB

WaR0003.jpg

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

I can't reproduce that either... but looking at the building coding it does look doable.... maybe 1:100 chance?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

I dont think this is an LOS bug. If you look at the enemy team there are some members that look like they would be in LOS, thus you can get a green line to any member of the team. Once they shoot the men they can see, they will lose LOS to the rest of the team thats behind the corner of the 2 story.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:07 am Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

Good point, Mooxe!  The entire team in the Team Monitor reports as on Ambush.  If the team was put on Defend, most would report "Can't see" or "No target".  I have seen that many times in CC3 through TLD where one man in the team can see someone of lesser value than the rest, but no one can draw a bead on the highest value member of the target.  LOS seems to be there, but when you order a shot, they won't fire on the Tail End Charlie if a leader or higher value weapon holder is still out of LOS.  Nature of the game!

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

funky_ribar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:57 am Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

yes good point mooxe, but nevertheless, i havent tried, but if i had that team fixed to defend they would probably got discovered, and we all know what that means if an mg42 is in front of you. especially in WAR where the power of that weapon is a little bit too strong. the other thing is too annoying for enjoying this game and thats how AT guns open small arms fire to infantry, although set on defend and enemy infantry sneaking around 150m away. then my precious  Cool  get discovered and in a matter of minute or two got blast away with indirect mortar fire. cmon this game is almost all about defending with AT guns against panzers..

funky_ribar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

And another one, almost captured the last flag, but my guys got stuck and refused to move..sorry to say but its a shame for WAR.. shame on people selling it like this. i rest my case.

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  264.1 KB
 Viewed:  12412 Time(s)

UO0005.jpg

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  265.8 KB
 Viewed:  12412 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Reply with quote

What do you have your Team info icons set at?

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:19 pm Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

And another one, almost captured the last flag, but my guys got stuck and refused to move..sorry to say but its a shame for WAR.. shame on people selling it like this. i rest my case.

Yeah...that "a team ignoring all orders if it is within 30m or less of an enemy team" bug was finally acknowledged in CCTLD and fixed in the beta patches (read more at the Matrix forum).
So hopefully we'll see this fix for CCWAR...in the 2018 Gold Edition Wink

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Reply with quote

Is there an enemy team there?

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:03 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein - Bug Reports Reply with quote

Oops...dead enemies don't count do they Wink

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:11 am Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

Maybe they are pinned, scared, suppressed, etc.

If there was a command team by them they might threaten to kick some ass and the other team might get moving again.... It is easy to take screen shots in any version of CC and question what is happening if you ignore what happened before....

funky_ribar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:11 am Post subject: Re: WaR bug and mistake thread… Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Maybe they are pinned, scared, suppressed, etc.

If there was a command team by them they might threaten to kick some ass and the other team might get moving again.... It is easy to take screen shots in any version of CC and question what is happening if you ignore what happened before....

Yes they were under fire, MG42 was across the river, but on the other hand that MG42 was pinned by command sherman tank, and also if you look at the soldier monitor it didn't show any critical state like pinned, scared etc..(you can see the tank in pic i attached).. don't know i sent 3 teams to just run across the bridge which was clear, and just one of them succeeded. that team i sent, went around railway (they were also in an open field) and yet they did it. also i tried to return my tank back across the bridge to my side to capture the flag, but it refused any cooperation it just simply sad no clear path. Rolling Eyes

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: