Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Stwa wrote:
squadleader wrote:
CSO_Linebacker wrote:
AT_Stalky wrote:
As U can have 2 maps on a CC5 strat map, or 10, or 15 or 20 or.. max 44.. or?

Interesting, that one is news to me as I did not know that. I know there are a couple of mods out there with 'small' stratmaps, but they still have all 44 areas defined. So even though they only used 5 or 10, they had to make the exe think that all 44 were still there

You didn't know that? In CC5, 44 maps is max...but you can make a stratmap with less maps easily. You can even make stratmaps with just 1 map (like DAK_Legion's pocket mod series).
An example of a "mini CC5 Stratmap" would be CC5: Khalkin-Gol mod.

How did modders make these smaller Stratmaps? The nice WYSIWYG tool called StratEdit that we can't use anymore for WAR Wink

Hi, its been a long time since I fiddled with the strat stuff. But I think You are right about including all 44 areas. You can probably re-define thier sizes and screen locations and use RTB to hide the ones you don't need.

Also, you would do the same with the extra diamonds. By putting diamonds in the same location. I believe the last one listed in the same location will be the one used of the unit icons, etc..

Also, I think index.mpi will have to be populated as well, but in the slots you are not using you can just put the bootcamp map name or something.

Anyway, hope this info is correct.

Index.mpi needs to be 44 maps...but since you only access a limited number of maps for a "mini-stratmap"...you don't need to have 44 map files in the maps folder...just the ones needed.
DAK_Legion's pocketmods for example, there's only one map in the maps file.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Index.mpi needs to be 44 maps...but since you only access a limited number of maps for a "mini-stratmap"...you don't need to have 44 map files in the maps folder...just the ones needed.

Sorry but I think that you are explain us this a little bad, WAR is different because on DAK legion there are the other 43 map positions on strategy map but they are hidden on image files probably. And the most important from Gunho, it needs the other 43 maps from CC5 and its index.mpi, probably you have not problems if you delete them but the plugin install does not make one backup of them and you can not delete them if you want use them on a future. On WAR if you make one strategy map from only one map, you do not need more maps.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO_Talorgan wrote:
Sapa wrote:
it is my wife who arguments about buying the game

If you sold her would you have enough to buy the game?!

Wink

Ha Ha! Razz

I think that she is afraid of that i will spend all of my spare time in front of the pc (it has happend before..) Wink

Mats

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:

Sorry but I think that you are explain us this a little bad, WAR is different because on DAK legion there are the other 43 map positions on strategy map but they are hidden on image files probably. And the most important from Gunho, it needs the other 43 maps from CC5 and its index.mpi, probably you have not problems if you delete them but the plugin install does not make one backup of them and you can not delete them if you want use them on a future. On WAR if you make one strategy map from only one map, you do not need more maps.

Yes, WAR is different...what I wanted to explain is with StratEdit and RtBTool you can have a CC5 mod with less than 44 maps...it doesn't have to be 44 Maps. The PocketMods and Khalkin-Gol are perfect examples of this.
The image files are hidden...and some of the diamonds moved using RtBTool (IIRC).
And you don't need the extra maps in the folder...and you can delete them (after backing them up of course).

The WAR Stratmap is a better system though...we just need updated tools to do the graphics and we're set. Oh, a WYSIWYG/graphical tool to set the X,Y coordinates will help a lot too Wink

BTW, your CCWAR VetBoB mod...it's currently using the stratmap and maps from WAR? Not maps from VetBoB?

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW, your CCWAR VetBoB mod...it's currently using the stratmap and maps from WAR? Not maps from VetBoB?

Yes, it will use the maps from WAR. If you take a look on them, they are very different to the original maps and I think that tell only 21 new maps is a mistake, there are 21 new towns and many more new maps. When I was looking for the original maps, I only found 29 or less from the original map names. And there are not some old towns, they have been changed by other.
Fantastic examples from old maps with many big changes are Stavelot and Senonchamps, and probably there are more because I have not looked all them.

With all this, I found very fun the WAR maps.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
I think that she is afraid of that i will spend all of my spare time in front of the pc (it has happend before..) Wink

I was accused of the same ... until I found a dancing program on TV she likes to watch.

Wink

VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

is it easy to use multiplayer now, or still hell and crashy?

My Gamer Blog

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

After quite a few battles here are my suggestions:

To avoid buying:
-I bought this game to finally have a stable game. It is VERY unstable, sometimes I have a feeling that it crashes more then SAS mod... Really. Mayvbe not at the and (0000) but in the middle of the game, around 9-10 minutes (we play 30 min games)
-It has some problems with ionternet connection - I think it needs way better internet connection
-It dosnt work with GameSpy!!!
-I didnt find AI to be better. Tank drivers are pain again.
-It is CCV patch and mod in one. But the patch is not fully finished I belive

To buy:
-many maps
-VERY EASY modding - everything you need is in excel file
-some minor bugs fixed: muzzle lights, lookink at the opoonents BG while choosing units
-WInter time:)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: