Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1225
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:44 pm Post subject: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

I must say that I´m making one conversion from this old CC4 TT mod. This will use many ofl the graphics from the CC4 and part of the data from War, CC4 Vetbob1.13 and CC5AOVetbob1.13.
About progress, on this moment I´m adding the new fpools and bggroups, all the other base files are completed. I have been testing the mod with all that I have made and it runs very well. Of course this mod will have changes from their originals on CC4 and CC5, on special on fpools. And on a first moment, I will not add the old sounds. I do not like them for headphones, probably I made some new with all them.

It is all by the moment, ah I do not wait be more of one week or two making this.Wink

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Last edited by Nomada_Firefox on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 5 times in total

final-drive

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox,

Have you contacted TT for this? I don't know, but it might be nice of you to do so. You never know he might have plans of his own.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have contacted him. And why do you think that I have made more CC4 Veteran conversions on the past? The Ardennes Offensive can have many stuff from him but it is not the same. It is a mod from him and me.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have contact with TT?
Did he buy or know of WAR?
I think the last time I tried to e-mail him it came back.

Hows it going Final_Drive?
Good to see you again.

final-drive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox,

Please hold your horses, I appreciate you contacting him. I was just hoping you realise to some extent that TT maybe wants to do something with his own work, should he still be interested. Since you converted so many stuff to CC5, you, above all others, should know how many good and original work by his hand and many of his hours went into vetbob, with the assistence of many others. I haven't contacted TT myself, hoping all is well and believing that he will show up if he is still interested.
Hopefully you will get the weapons' names right: as they didn't show up in CC4's requisition screen when clicking on the weapon icons, TT back then didn't apply exact weapon names in the .adb files, although he cared for the data behind them; this is something I know he was embarassed about when Vetbob was converted to CC5, where weapon names were shown.

Hi PM,
Fine, thanks. This WaR reissue sparked my interest, I did buy it and played two games this far. Have been in the development team for Matrix / Panther Games 'Battles from the Bulge' (mainly Estab, TOE and OOB stuff), though sadly RL meant I haven't been really involved for quite some time now. Release should be coming near now, for those interested in a real time operational level game on the Ardennes Offensive.

I also heard some other good mod makers have plans for WaR.

Last edited by final-drive on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I love CC4 Vetbob1.13 (eventhough the difficulty is a bit overkill).
Looking forward to a CC4 Vetbob1.13 conversion for WAR!
Good luck, Firefox!
I hope you're going to include the Vetbob1.13 team graphics and uniform colors settings.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not horses, only dogs. Wink

Correct me if you want but I´m not making a new Vetbob, I´m making a new Ardennes Offensive and I named it VetBoB on honor to TT, I could take all the credit for me but I never have made it. And I could name it 1.14 but I have not made it.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice but...how is it possible in a couple of days to make a working mod for WaR? Confused

You must be a genious!

I agree that you should talk to TT about this. I know that you have used his work before but it wont hurt to ask? Wink

Look at his webpage you could see why he could make the fantastic vehicles for VetBoB Wink
http://www.haugskott.com/wildlife.htm

Mats

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
Nice but...how is it possible in a couple of days to make a working mod for WaR? Confused

You must be a genious!
Mats

Thanks, not a genious, the genious was the men who made the workbook and WAR with many files as CC5, the unique big difference is the fpools and only on structure because the data is the same.

Quote:
I agree that you should talk to TT about this. I know that you have used his work before but it wont hurt to ask? Wink

Thanks by continue insulting me, you are continue telling that I have not spoken him.

And the worse, you are thinging that I´m making one CC4 VetBOB and it is a CC WAR - Ardennes Offensive mod, the name vetbob1.13 is only because it has its origin on the vetbob stuff from CC4 but it is not the same. And if TT wake up, he will can make you a new veteran and thanks to me by example, he will have part of data converted.

But I repeat, it will be one Ardennes Offensive.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it will answer all your questions.
Quote:

Hi Firefox, no problemo - go ahead.

Good to see there are still people playing CC4. Must admit I rarely play CC these days, but once in a while I fire up a game or two.

Greetings,

Trond "TT" Haugskott

About mod I have ended the 100% of the fpool, they have many small changes. First both sides uses reinforce (if I´m not wrong it can be changed on bgroups file). Heavy tanks are not on Germans the first days and American infantry groups from frontier have not tanks, if you want them, you must use the reinforce more ahead on time.
Weapons, on a first moment I thought on use many of the original from Vetbob but I see that it is not good, hand weapons on WAR have a heavy code on game, good it is the think that I think because the values on data are the same. By it game use many values from original WAR. Not happen the same with the data from cannons. It is different because I will use the armor values from Vetbob. About the name of weapons, all them have been changed. Weapon Sounds? I will make probably two files, one with the original WAR sounds + some new and one with Vetbob sounds, I must say that I do not like the vetbob sounds when I play with headphones.
Weapon icons, I use the icons from vetbob, the same for units, there will be two or three new but no more.
Mod will have this battlegroups that you do not see on WAR.
Fuhrer Grenadier Brigade by KG Kullman / 12.SS
KG Sandig / 1st SS by KG Bremer / 12.SS
KG Gutmann / 2nd Panzer by KG Krag / 2.SS
KG von Poschinger / Lehr by KG Telkamp / 9.SS
XXX corps by 327th / 101st Airborne
I added the XXX because there are space for this and I want to try one new thing.
Support, I have not tested the changes by the moment but I have made it low on power. I think that the support is very powerfull on original WAR. Graphics are from Vetbob as all the vehicle graphics, really I have not edited the azp files, they are the same at 100%.

And good I do not know what more tell you but there will be many small changes. I think that working on it 8 hours per day, I will end it on one week. Ah about maps. I would like to try add the original 43 Vetbob maps but I think that it will take me more of one week. If somebody want help me, it would be good, these maps would need new btd files as the btd from originals. I do not know if they can run with the original btd files, I think that it can be possible if the size from maps is the same.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly I would stick with the WaR original weapon Icon and tank graphics...they look great. AS of unit Icon, If you could find some WWII pics like in many mods that would be great!!

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personaly I would keep the WaR original weapon Icon and tank graphics...they look great. AS of unit Icon, If you could fine some WWII pics like in many mods that would be great!!

I think that the WAR vehicle graphics are very good but they have not all the units from this mod, the same for the weapons. Unit icons from mod as on Vetbob will be WWII pics.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thanks by continue insulting me, you are continue telling that I have not spoken him. "

Sorry for saying anything..i didnt think this was an insult Sad

Mats

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:
Personaly I would keep the WaR original weapon Icon and tank graphics...they look great. AS of unit Icon, If you could fine some WWII pics like in many mods that would be great!!

I think that the WAR vehicle graphics are very good but they have not all the units from this mod, the same for the weapons. Unit icons from mod as on Vetbob will be WWII pics.

VetBoB unit icons are color photos of reenactors and miniature models, right?
I think Pzt_Serk meant B&W WW2 photos standard in many mods.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think that they are color photos and some miniature. The difference from other mods are that these are not black and white image.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

final-drive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Indeed, TT cut up the Tamiya Model catalogue for that. Smile

final-drive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Good to see there are still people playing CC4. Must admit I rarely play CC these days, but once in a while I fire up a game or two.

Greetings,

Trond "TT" Haugskott

Firefox,
Thanks for sharing that, although it seems TT didn't really grasp the WaR-reissue thing, as he is still speaking of CC4.

Ifni

Rep: 5.1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Firefox.

Are you going to use the RWA I made for CC5 Ardennes Offensive vetbob 1.13? It would be cool.

Un saludo

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I meant black and white WWII photos like in gjs-trsm or stalingrad. In vetBoB it is miniature color pictures and no WWII battlefield pictures.

Any Winter picture (like estern front) would do the job IMO. No need for picture from BoB only.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

final-drive wrote:
Quote:

Greetings,

Trond "TT" Haugskott

Firefox,
Thanks for sharing that, although it seems TT didn't really grasp the WaR-reissue thing, as he is still speaking of CC4.

Please stop this crazy info, I told him about WAR and WAR is a CC4. Rolling Eyes

If you are looking how condemned me by something that I have not made, you are making a bad mistake. Mad

Quote:
Are you going to use the RWA I made for CC5 Ardennes Offensive vetbob 1.13? It would be cool.

No, but you can add it next.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: