Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1248
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
zcharles

Rep: 15.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:20 am Post subject: WaR?? Only the usual poor game Reply with quote

As always i bought War for 30$. But this is not a new game, only a nice mod.
What we really need is:
-3D tanks with a true illumination and true shadows; it whould help to understand the map h meters; it whould be very very eaasy for a developer to build 3D vehicles!!!!!!!!! But they don't have time for this, apparently.
-3D soldiers: the soldier animation is the same since CC1; what a mess. we need animations of soldiers REALLY sneaking, walking, running, fighitng, setting up, reloading guns, using frags, climbing, opening door (whit a kick, for ex), bailing out from a burning tank or from a window, reloading it's particular weapon (why the mg42 is the same of an .50? why a tripod mg42 is the same of a simple mg 42? why the mp40 is the same of mp44?). We really need new soldier animations, and if you want, 3D soldiers with true illumination and shadows.
3D tanks and soldiers whould be veeeery light for every pc, even to a pentium 100.
-shooting animations: we need a well done fire animation; what the hell is that s*** of flame? and the same flame when an MG or a rifle shoots!!!! We need new, long flames with the duration of the sound! Te .50 should have it's animation (bum-bum-bum-bum) and the mg42 another (trrrrrrrrrrrrrr!), the garand another one! We need true flames (eventually illuminating the 3D soldiers and the room.....), clouds of dust if the shooters are in ruins or similar,ecc...
-Explosions: alwais the same.... ancients... explosions..... noooo..... we need true explosions with 10 time more dust all around. 3D explosions with the dust getting inside from opened doors and windows, glass windows breaking, trees moving!
-Buldings: why always emplty buldings??????????????? I understand that the LOS is as if the bulding would be full of stuff, but i want my soldiers to hide behind a table (3D?) that can be destroyed!
-NEW VEHICLE PATH? WHEERREEEE? THE SAME STUPID TANKS!!
-And more, and more, and more...

Ok, cc is the best game ever created: but if you make a mod like WaR I say that is a great mod, wanderful! If you make a new game like WaR I say you are losing loyal players like me; it's not a game, it's a mod of 30$.

You agree? You don't? Well be the next CC alwais the same?
(excuse me for my english, i'm from italy, the country of ignorance)

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This remake based on Close Combat - Battle of the Bulge gives newcomers and veterans to the series alike a vastly improved and expanded version of the original experience.

Please forward your 3D animations/sounds/vehicle pathing fixes/destuctible furniture to
Icandobetter [at] couldntgiveatoss [dot] com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin info:
I have splited this thread into 2, and moved the very intresting CC in 3D debate to its own thread, it can be found here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=35769#35769

Dauphin

Rep: 12.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much information kills information. Sounds are an help to locate an action that you may miss. If you put too many sounds people will just shut down the sound.
What about the wounded with some sounds like HILFE, DOC.
What about civilians giving false alarms to your soldiers because they moved in front of a window.

Wacht am Rhein is a good challenge.
It's not a cosmetic work it goes a bit deeper than that and I believe that you should play some more hours.
Tanks are no longer that dumb. Soldiers no longer crawl forever.
Be fair

Apparently you have some difficulties to extrapolate what you see into a 3D world. Go on and practice with a map in the country side. After some mistakes you will know.
Do we need to see dead corpses crushed by tanks. with some blood explosions ? That's Close combat not gore and hollywood

By the way I would love too to see some lingerie on some soldiers head like Porta did..... That should be quite fun

@schreken
The correct email is yeshecan [at] couldntgiveatoss [dot] com

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dauphin wrote:
Do we need to see dead corpses crushed by tanks. with some blood explosions ? That's Close combat not gore and hollywood

Actually, I remember that when I played CC3 demo, it was the most brutal and most drastical wargame that I've ever played - very close to hollywood superproductions like Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down. All thanks to soldier voices and other sound effects. I actually had nightmares today thanks to playing CC3:VoT. So, I think that semi-realistic gore wouldn't be out of place.

Dauphin wrote:
By the way I would love too to see some lingerie on some soldiers head like Porta did..... That should be quite fun

Laughing

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Dauphin

Rep: 12.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So when you kill soldiers in places close to a river the blood should staint the river..... If some low morale teams see this their morale could break down unless there's a good leader close to them.

Let's have a dream...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: