Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1232
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I'm not a fan of "3D perspective" and I don't want to see it in CC.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote:
Can some here who play other games but CC, with 3D vehicles provide some screen shots of them from inside game?
Has panzer general 3D?
Plz

Edit Spelling

Mats, you can google most of these screenshots...

Blitzkrieg 2:

Company of Heroes:

Faces of War:

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

On my opinion only Blitzkrieg 2 has a good tactica 3D engine, all the others are equal or worse than Squad Assault, they have powerfull graphics but no more, on them you can not have a full image of the battlefield. It is the bad than I see on many 3D games.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
On my opinion only Blitzkrieg 2 has a good tactica 3D engine, all the others are equal or worse than Squad Assault, they have powerfull graphics but no more, on them you can not have a full image of the battlefield. It is the bad than I see on many 3D games.

Agreed...
Even in Blitzkrieg 2 the zoom out level is still too limited for my liking.
The CC system is still the best IMO...but enhancing the system with some of the graphic blitz and dazzle seen on new WW2 RTS titles won't hurt.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but for many years we did not see a new Close Combat, I think that we must live with the stuff that now we have. If all WW2 RTS were as Close Combat games, we would can to press more to Strategy 3 about to make one game with better graphics but the true is that there are not more games as Close Combat on the world, we can see many of command and conquer games but I never have seen other company making one game as Close Combat. By it I think that to speak of one game with better graphics is a bad ilusion by the moment. We can speak about other things that we saw on other CC games as mount infantry on vehicles, one better scenary editor as on CC3 and a multiplayer with 3 vs 3 human players or more. Better graphics? yes but we can live with this old graphics many time more.

Quote:
.but enhancing the system with some of the graphic blitz and dazzle seen on new WW2 RTS titles won't hurt.

And I do not know if I have told it but I do not see it too easy because it were possible, other games would be as Close Combat, no?

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Yes but for many years we did not see a new Close Combat, I think that we must live with the stuff that now we have. If all WW2 RTS were as Close Combat games, we would can to press more to Strategy 3 about to make one game with better graphics but the true is that there are not more games as Close Combat on the world, we can see many of command and conquer games but I never have seen other company making one game as Close Combat. By it I think that to speak of one game with better graphics is a bad ilusion by the moment. We can speak about other things that we saw on other CC games as mount infantry on vehicles, one better scenary editor as on CC3 and a multiplayer with 3 vs 3 human players or more. Better graphics? yes but we can live with this old graphics many time more.

Quote:
.but enhancing the system with some of the graphic blitz and dazzle seen on new WW2 RTS titles won't hurt.

And I do not know if I have told it but I do not see it too easy because it were possible, other games would be as Close Combat, no?

It's been over 10 years...you want the next CC (CC6, CC7) to be just like CC5/WAR graphically?
I personally don't mind the dated CC graphics...but I think it's time to move on. My non CC-fan gamer friends on the other hand..they're not too thrilled with by CC's 'primitive graphics'.
I don't think it's so impossible or that hard to implement the classic CC game system into a new modern (more complex and graphically appealing) graphics engine.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader wrote:
The CC system is still the best IMO...but enhancing the system with some of the graphic blitz and dazzle seen on new WW2 RTS titles won't hurt.

It will. I want to be able to play next CC game.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It's been over 10 years...you want the next CC (CC6, CC7) to be just like CC5/WAR graphically?

Why not? I like it, people play it. I can mod it without problems. If they make it on 3D, I´m sure that we would not see many mods more, probably only a few and not made on 7 days.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Quote:

Why not? I like it, people play it. I can mod it without problems. If they make it on 3D, I´m sure that we would not see many mods more, probably only a few and not made on 7 days.

Well...if the tools are available...modders will mod away.
Maybe include modding tools for the 3D objects...just like scenario editors in say...Faces of War or Blitzkrieg 2.

BTW, what do you mean a mod in 7 days? Did you mean your CCWAR VetBoB...technically what you accomplished in 7 days was a mod conversion...you converted your CC5: VetBoB into CCWAR format...and it was surprisingly fast...but still very very different from creating a full new mod from the ground up...that usually takes 1 year at least...usually even longer.
You should know from your experience with Star Wars and Ebro...

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well...if the tools are available...modders will mod away.
Maybe include modding tools for the 3D objects...just like scenario editors in say...Faces of War or Blitzkrieg 2.

Can be. But I was thinking on to add new units and for it you need new 3D models, a 3D model can take you many time. And tools.......they are too expensive. Of course if they make one game with all the WW2 units by example.

Quote:
BTW, what do you mean a mod in 7 days? Did you mean your CCWAR VetBoB...technically what you accomplished in 7 days was a mod conversion...you converted your CC5: VetBoB into CCWAR format...and it was surprisingly fast..

I was thinking that on WAR we can import all from Close Combat 4 and 5, on one 3D game, probably we would can not to make it.
Quote:

.but still very very different from creating a full new mod from the ground up...that usually takes 1 year at least...usually even longer.
You should know from your experience with Star Wars and Ebro...

SW Mod was made on one year probably or more, Battle of Ebro on 2 or 3 years and I was not working on it alone. Without Zikat maps we would not end it. And the CCWAR VetBoB probably was ended very fast because I made only a 25% from the original CC5 Ardennes Offensive, when I made the first version, I was working on it months and when I say months, they are from monday to sunday, not only a few hours per day. The same for CCWAR VetBoB, 7 days are a ilusion, 200 hours would be more realistic. All take time.[/quote]

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: