Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:52 pm Post subject: Do you want mods or do not you want mods? Reply with quote

Last days I have seen very bad comments here about my mods here and I´m thinking on the future, if you continue do not respecting my opinions, I will not make more mods because I will not like CC WAR.

By it, I recomend you to forget your stupid comments and to think on the future of the community. On this moment, if I would can go to the past mondays, I would not release the Ardennes Offensive VetBoB mod. Thanks to the arrogant comments from the people.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Do you want mods or do not you want mods? Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Last days I have seen very bad comments here about my mods here and I´m thinking on the future, if you continue do not respecting my opinions, I will not make more mods because I will not like CC WAR.

By it, I recomend you to forget your stupid comments and to think on the future of the community. On this moment, if I would can go to the past mondays, I would not release the Ardennes Offensive VetBoB mod. Thanks to the arrogant comments from the people.

Hi,

Nomada, please ignore these people as I I ignore them.

The best answer you can do is workong to do the best CC mod ever. These people just don't know anything about moding CC, have never spent hundreds of hours like you and me to help the game but still want to give lessons....

Don't be sad. Moders work in the shadow. Is it their destiny?

Cheers
PJ

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let a few bad apples (or comments) spoil the batch. Mods keep the game alive, no one can question that. I know it can be a pretty thankless job, but I feel that often time support and thanks come in the form of how many times your mod has been down loaded Smile

Keep up the great work Firefox.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any bad comments about your mods.

I have seen support in trying to get them out to the community.

I have seen you reject this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
I haven't seen any bad comments about your mods.

I have seen support in trying to get them out to the community.

I have seen you reject this.
I don't know if this post is for me or Nomada..

If it is for Nomada, Nomada is old enough to answer

If it is for me, just remember that I spent 3 years of my life for moding CC, so helping the CC community. I am happy for having doing it. Proud for having doing it. Sad to see the conclusion.

PJ

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not rejected nothing. I have added on the smallest possible time a good mod for a new CC game and I see people paying me it with bad comments about my opinions. On special about mod permissions, I remember the first time that I tried mod a Close Combat and all the problems that I had with it, I remember the first day when I told you about VetBoB mod and how people asked me if I had permission and now I see to many people acting hypocritically as appropriate to their own interests.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Flamethrower

Rep: 11.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

the dream team at work

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If i not own WaR and because of that cant play the new mod is it still possible for me to have opinions about things? Mad

You are not the only ones who have spent hours on modding this game! Sad

Mats

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

and it is greatly appreciated and encouraged by all.

Everyone has opinions, express them as you see fit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
If i not own WaR and because of that cant play the new mod is it still possible for me to have opinions about things? Mad

You are not the only ones who have spent hours on modding this game! Sad

Mats

And I wait that I do not be the last. If somebody need help, I´m here. But I´m sure than Schrecken, Tejszd, Anzac_lord4war, Senior_drill or CSO_Linebacker know more about it than nobody here.

You can opinion about me as person and my work, bad, well or worse, no problem but people should forget the irony and hypocrisy on home and to be more constructive.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

" I remember the first day when I told you about VetBoB mod and how people asked me if I had permission and now I see to many people acting hypocritically as appropriate to their own interests."

We (Me) just asked if you told TT that you were going to use his mod to make a mod for WaR!!! Rolling Eyes

I dont se any "own interest" in this just wanted you to give TT all the credits he deserves for it, and i suppose you have done that in the mod credits?

When i read yours and PJ;s comments it feels for me that it is only two people who makes all the great CC mods and i dont agree about that..

Mats

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say this in small words so *everyone* understands.

The only reason that this is an issue is because Firefox made a mistake in your English. You said that the mod could be downloaded when you meant it couldn't. You even admitted it originally. Everything else in this stupid thread stems from your error and after that your attitude.

Simply telling those who put the mod up in places other than your site that it was not finished yet and asking that they remove it would have solved the problem. Except once again you made a mistake. You put an incomplete mod out the public, you didn't call it a beta or a 0.9 and warn people that it was not yet up to standard in fact the name of your thread was "CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 Ready to Download". You wanted to be first... and you were and what a fuck up you've caused. In fact you've helped divide a community that was starting to pull together with your selfish antics.

Now like a spoilt little child you're threatening to withhold this "great mod" that you've spent at least 2 weeks working on "for the good of the community" What a joke.

I know that now in the background real modders will be hard at work creating real mods with their own data and graphics rather than using other people's work (with permission of course) LMAO

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

southern_land wrote:
I'll say this in small words so *everyone* understands.

The only reason that this is an issue is because Firefox made a mistake in your English. You said that the mod could be downloaded when you meant it couldn't. You even admitted it originally. Everything else in this stupid thread stems from your error and after that your attitude.

Simply telling those who put the mod up in places other than your site that it was not finished yet and asking that they remove it would have solved the problem. Except once again you made a mistake. You put an incomplete mod out the public, you didn't call it a beta or a 0.9 and warn people that it was not yet up to standard in fact the name of your thread was "CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 Ready to Download". You wanted to be first... and you were and what a fuck up you've caused. In fact you've helped divide a community that was starting to pull together with your selfish antics.

Now like a spoilt little child you're threatening to withhold this "great mod" that you've spent at least 2 weeks working on "for the good of the community" What a joke.

I know that now in the background real modders will be hard at work creating real mods with their own data and graphics rather than using other people's work (with permission of course) LMAO

You do not know the 50% of the problem. And you do not know nothing about my mods. Have you played the Battle of Ebro mod? Your opinion here is out place and it is a small shame that somebody who wins money making games speak bad from somebody like me, I have not work and I do not win money. But I have made some mods, I do not know if they are better or worse, but they take time, many time. If I made the last on two weeks, it was because I´m very relationated with the data of the mod. And if it is a joke, why people is buying your game for play the mod? you should to think more your answers when you have won money with it.

And yes thanks by your work.

Quote:
I dont se any "own interest" in this just wanted you to give TT all the credits he deserves for it, and i suppose you have done that in the mod credits?

If I have credit on mod, it was from changes that I made on data. And I named it 1.0 and 1.01 because it is not a 1.13, if TT wants continue the saga one day, he can make one 1.14 and take all my work if he wants.
Quote:

When i read yours and PJ;s comments it feels for me that it is only two people who makes all the great CC mods and i dont agree about that..

There are thousands probably but I feeling me as the unique treaty as a rat from the begining, I have seen bad things because I´m Spanish. Not only on Close Combat games, on all the net, many from language, many because they think that I live on a third category country and many because they do not like people from other countries making mods.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh! Finaly i got the confirmation that Shane is very rich from all of the maps he has sold to me and to Matrix and to the community Razz Razz Wink

Nomada! I am from Sweden, has the same problem with the english language as you but no problems with the CC community.

This is my last post in the arguments about VetBob WaR, must leave it now or else i will say real bad words :Cool

Mats

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
There are thousands probably but I feeling me as the unique treaty as a rat from the begining, I have seen bad things because I´m Spanish. Not only on Close Combat games, on all the net, many from language

So? It's not like knowledge of English is something inborn that can't be improved by learning.

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
and many because they do not like people from other countries making mods.

Link or it didn't happen.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Dauphin

Rep: 12.2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Nomada, you are doing bushism.
Its all over now. Within two months he'll be gone, and you won't hear that arrogance until sometimes.
You are Spanish and that's fine. Your country improved considerably in the last thirty years, and you should be proud of it.
Forget the stupid propaganda and go back to the roots.

Why are we here for ?

Close Combat and the fun of it !!

Last edited by Dauphin on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mats where's my frigging money? Obviously you're holding out on me cos I don't feel rich LMAO... lemme see Bill Gates, the entire Rothchild family and me tying for first place on this years rich list

as to working with people from other countries: I produced maps for FFL Dom's original Omaha mod (France) maps for RSR (Germany and Russia) maps for Berlin and Karealia II (Sweden) I have absolutely no problem working with or for people from other countries, even the US (CC3 Korsun) where I was offered a gift for my work but refused it.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Therion wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
There are thousands probably but I feeling me as the unique treaty as a rat from the begining, I have seen bad things because I´m Spanish. Not only on Close Combat games, on all the net, many from language

So? It's not like knowledge of English is something inborn that can't be improved by learning.

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
and many because they do not like people from other countries making mods.

Link or it didn't happen.

You are good example from it. Arrogant words. And you want more examples go to CSO forum and look for threads from 4 years ago if they exits.

Quote:
Yeah Mats where's my frigging money? Obviously you're holding out on me cos I don't feel rich LMAO... lemme see Bill Gates, the entire Rothchild family and me tying for first place on this years rich list

as to working with people from other countries: I produced maps for FFL Dom's original Omaha mod (France) maps for RSR (Germany and Russia) maps for Berlin and Karealia II (Sweden) I have absolutely no problem working with or for people from other countries, even the US (CC3 Korsun) where I was offered a gift for my work but refused it.

I do not know how many money have you won with the game and really I do not want to know it, I only know that you are not a ONG and from the first moment that you sell something, you are not a modder. And I´m not speaking about your work on the past, I have played it many times and it is fantastic, the same that now with WAR. But I think that somebody who has won money with a game can not speak bad about the free time spent by one man. More when if you think that it is bad or a disaster, you keep it on a comercial site.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

southern_land wrote:

Let me add that some of BoS45's urban maps are based on SL's Berlin maps (with SL and Sapa's permission of course)...1 map modified from Karelia2 also.
SL also went to trouble to send by snail mail a free disc of textures and unused map designs when I asked for help for my Kokoda mini-mod...thanks, mate!
So SL's been a huge help for Indonesian modders too...eventhough he hasn't delivered new maps for us (just kidding, Shane! Very Happy)

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
You are good example from it. Arrogant words. And you want more examples go to CSO forum and look for threads from 4 years ago if they exits.

It's easy to complain about "arrogant words" and about people "do not liking people from other countries making mod" instead of working on improving your grammar and vocabulary, isn't it?

Anyway, what I and Southern Land said was harsh, not arrogant. I didn't say that language skills aren't inborn and can be improved because it makes me feel superior, but because I meant it.
When I started writing on English forums, I used an English handbook, a dictionary and other references in order to avoid offending people with my poor grammar.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Last edited by Therion on Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: