Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Elric_87

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:59 pm Post subject: A problem in Bardia Reply with quote

Hello,

We are two french players (excuse me for my english). We love this mod for CC5. I play the allies, my friend play the Italiens.

Between the first 8 day, i push the Italiens and capture the Bardia zone (wich contains an initial Italien Supply Depot). We fight now in the zone of Bir El Zemba.

When the Italien receive its renforts. A new battelgroupe suddenly appear at Bardia. Is it possible that a reinforcement battelgroupe appears in an opposite zone (conquered before) ?

But it is not the first bug we decover, as we always done we tryed to correct as we can. The Italian disabled its battelgroupe, and I reoccupied the zone with a unit (which are not engaged) from Fort Capuzzo.

The next strategic turn, my unit come back to Fort Capuzzo to maintain a battle line.

But the turn after (the next day so), the italien battlegroup reeappers in Bardia. Do you have an idea how can I deffinitevely correct this bug ?

Thanks for your answers

Elric_87

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A BG can respawn on one of their own Supply depots regardless of whether or not it is friendly held or behind an enemy's lines. Generally BG's will respawn in a certain order. If a map supply depot is already occupied by a friendly BG then the respawning BG will respawn on the next available Supply Depot regardless of its status.

Does that answer your question?

Elric_87

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pzt_Kevin_dtn for your answer.

I conclude two thinks :
1) A disabled or reinforcement BG can respawn on one of their own Supply depots even if the area is not controled. For me its a bug and it create a problem in this campain because I don't have enought unit to block one in a garnison in Bardia zone.

2) If we want to temporarily solve our problem, I must stay the next turn in Bardia area. So the BG will respawn on another depots. The turn after my BG can refind its batlle line position at Fort Capuzzo (with the aggrement of the Italian player)

But in the furtur turns, may be (I hope to) another Italien BG may disband. If an Italian BG respawn and in the same time the Italian attack me in Fort Capuzzo (he want to do this with another BG since he have now many BG) , I can be able to recoccupy Bardia zone. This will certainly unbalance our game.

Elric_87

GS_Schimpf

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sounds like this behaviour is really annoying in this particular mod you are playing. But it is not really a bug, although it might seem like one.
But this can't be fixed as it is coded in CC5 unfortunately, as far as I know.

Visit the famous German Soldiers

WW2 Gaming since 1999

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to your problem maybe to use the alternative GC made by salhex

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3936

This removes the Bardia and Sollum supply depots which stops the enemy appearing behind one, which can be quite frustrating and totally at odds with reality as neither side had any real capability to land significant forces at this time.

Check out more of Salhex's posts as he also has made an alternative weapons data file that removes the Italian anti-tank mortars Smile , making them behave more like an indirect weapon than is currently the case.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Elric_87

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GS_Schimpf and ronson for your answers,

We have installed before (just after the reinforcement of Italian units) the vetmod :
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4225

But perhaps we do a mistake. Because depots doesn't seem to be modified and Italians Mortars as always tank killers. We have build your owner rules : Italian player can't take more then two mortars units per battle.
Italian reinforcement pools do not seem to have changed ?

Perhaps the vetmod can change parameters only at the beggening of a campain ?

Perhaps we have done a bad installation ? The vetmod are divised in three parts : 1) A common part (we installed) 2) Italian vet 3) Common vet

We didn't install the part 2) and 3) because some files are in doubloon in this "vet" and we understound that this files needs only to be installed if a human player want to play against IA.

Do you have an idea or any experiment/expertise ?

Thanks

Elric_87

Elric_87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We have continued our campain an I have in the last turn, disrupted another Italian BG. I hope in the next few turn disrupt another one (Italian player attack me strongly).

So It's for me an obligation to block one of my BG in Bardia (if I don't want to see a respawn Italian BG in this zone)

Perhaps the best think to do, is to modify the configuration files for this mod. If I could supress the Italian depots in Bardia, no Italian BG could appears in my back. (If Italian player reoccupy Bardia in a future turn, I will rebuild this depots).

I have no abilities in building mod. Could you indicate me what files to modifiy and which tools to use (certainly the files are not in ascii mod)?

I found many tools in the download section and as I don't want to modify the graphism of the map, but only the fact that there is no more a depot in Bardia, I have no idea how to process.

Thanks for your answer

Elric_87

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Afrika 40'41

Jump to: