Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1239
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Has anyone suggested the Panthers are to be made weaker?

I have no idea. I know that Serk has killed a fair share of my Panthers to the point that I'm having to conserve a bit with some BG's.

I think people need to realize that this is a German offensive the hits the american lines hard in the opening rounds but that the Americans can depete the Germans with time and ground and then positions themselves to counter attack.

I have had a frustrating time fighting a US BG in Meyerode and the loss ratio is almost 1 to 1.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Schreken if you want to PM me I'm in MSN at kevin_dtn [at] yahoo [dot] com and we can talk about WaR.

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Again crash, again with a US flamer and again in 9th minute:)
Here Ill post the modification.

I find german BGs way to strong. Find the .doc document attached to this post - I have made a modification of german BGS, Allied BGs and a comparision of their forces. Allies had no bloody chances to even counterattack in standard version.

In the original version (vanilla), Germans had incredible Armour Power of 130 Panthers and 100MarkIV. How can we say it is realistic, when for one Panther there were only 1,9 Shermans!? If it were true, we would all speak german now... (no offence guys;) Second, Allies had no Heavy Anty Tank Guns. Third, Germans had way to little infantry.

After changes:

Infantry(SQ) | Veh+stuarts |Tanks | Guns
2520 196 264 141 Allies
1663 311 210 63 Germans (In those 210 tanks, there are 65 Panthers)

Now, Germans are cut to half. I agree. But I trully belive finally it is more or less ballanced:
• Allies have more tanks but Germans have great Panzershrecks with range of 160m and huge penetarting ratio (it was not modded)
• Germans have Panthers, but only 65 and Allies have Heavy AT Guns, snipers (which are invisible and can stop infantry), command and recon Squads carrying bazooka as a crewed weapon
• Allies are in defence, have more people per squad, but Germans are far better equpped (MGs in most of the squads, better Panzershrecks, better MGs, GREAT Panther Armour)
• Shermans are better then MarkIV, but Panthers are far better then Shermans and any other Allied tanks
• Allies have more Artyllery support later, but Germans have plenty of vehicles with Infantry guns on board

But it is not that thread so if anyone wants details just PM me. If you are interested in testing this we will make a new post.

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

schrecken wrote:
Has anyone suggested the Panthers are to be made weaker?

Yes, the frontal armor is too thick and will be reduced, along with some other data's, in the patch, according to Neil N. from Matrix.

See post #4 there http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1957011

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes it's the

We are tired of getting our Panther destroyed too easily so fix it by making the Panther weaker.

Can't please all of the people all of the time, now can we?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it appears that the Sherman 75mm gun was overstrength as well as panther's armor. So the sherman 75mm was still damaging panthers while most other things can do anything. This is what I recall the conclusions at Matrix boards were but I don't know what the actual data changes will be.

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, given that some time has now elasped since its release, can you now comment on the stability issue for H2H.

For me, I am sick to death of game crashes (not connectivity issues) with CC5 and the vaarious mods.

I am about to throw CC5 away and await a damn game that is released, states its a multiplayer game and does what it says, that is, it doesn't crash every 5 minutes.

Thx in advance.

Mark

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

WAR is definitely more stable than CC5 for H2H.

The area that people still complain about is that it isn't any easier to do than CC5. But if you got online playing CC5 then you will not have any problem with WAR....

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had a H2H crash with the retail release of WaR

Anyone I've played wish to correct me... I may be mistaken.... but I don't think so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

MarkM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, then it seems I shall move onto this game, otherwise I might loose it one day and put my fist through my monitor.

Mark

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkM wrote:
Thanks guys, then it seems I shall move onto this game, otherwise I might loose it one day and put my fist through my monitor.

Mark

Upgrade to a nice new LCD display...that way you won't injure yourself when you do that Smile

MarkM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Upgrade to a nice new LCD display...that way you won't injure yourself when you do that

Good thinking Batman. Razz

Roger5

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:42 pm Post subject: Re: WAR Stability Reply with quote

hi! anyone know how I can change so that Peiper and other heavy armored troops are advancing in the first line? If I have to play as an allied, it will be too easy to meet volkgrenadjärerna and parachuting hunters in the first line because it is too easy against the AI: n. I changed so that Peiper has king tigers from the first day but how can I change  structure in the Campaign?

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:24 am Post subject: Re: WAR Stability Reply with quote

The scenario editor???? Shocked

Roger5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:39 pm Post subject: Re: WAR Stability Reply with quote

ha ha yes now I know it (platoon Michael helped me) but I have quite honestly never thought of that you can edit the campaigns there.  Embarassed

Roger5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: WAR Stability Reply with quote

I never thought it would be so easy because I assume that everything is difficult.  Laughing

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: