Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:58 pm Post subject: GJS V4.4 Availalbe for DL! Reply with quote

GJS V4.4 Plugin can now be downloaded at the CSO!

Enjoy!

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

For got to mention.. its under teh CCV mods section & youll need to DL the new map text files as well!!

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i spoke with Atilla and we decided that the GJS4.4 will be avaiable tonight at 24.00 ....
but as i see CSo didnt follow that maybe Atilla didnt tell them that too( what will be suprised for me) then anyways
i posted the plugins online right now, have fun guys, and good hunting in this fabulous mod

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Luft_Currahee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Well, I have to tell you that GJS 4.4 is a bit dissapointing to me. Maybe I should play it longer and then talk, but anyway on the first look there is almost nothing to get excited about:

Smile
new strategic map
new maps
and nothing more...

Mad
same terrible sounds like from pegasus game
NEW THING: soldiers are blind... Shocked
and nothing that could attract me to play it again

I hope there will be new mods shortly, because I can't stand looking at Normandy every day. We really need games which will show other parts of II War. People from western countries often forget about many interesting periods in that conflict. It seems that in States and England they only know about D-Day, Market Garden and Bastogne.

Cheers

Mess with the best - die like the rest

mochoho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Luft_Currahee wrote:

We really need games which will show other parts of II War. People from western countries often forget about many interesting periods in that conflict. It seems that in States and England they only know about D-Day, Market Garden and Bastogne.

Hm, that's a thought, although i really enjoyed playing Normandy, Eastern front(cc3) and Bulge(cc 4) and also just two mods for now, i must confess that i would be really out of control if i could play hm, let's say just one offensive in Ex Yugoslavia against Tito's Partisans (There were 7 offensives from 1941-1945 in wich took part, roughly, depending on a period we are talking about, around 25 axis divisions including German, Italian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Hungarian, domestic Croat Ustasas and Serbian Chetniks).. And if you think that it was a minor conflict, you're wrong..

Anyone interested... try this one..http://www.vojska.net/ww2/battles/default.asp.. Also i could help with getting the background, just if.. Rolling Eyes

http://www.vojska.net

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Luft_Currahee wrote:
Hey guys!

Well, I have to tell you that GJS 4.4 is a bit dissapointing to me. Maybe I should play it longer and then talk, but anyway on the first look there is almost nothing to get excited about:

Smile
new strategic map
new maps
and nothing more...

Mad
same terrible sounds like from pegasus game
NEW THING: soldiers are blind... Shocked
and nothing that could attract me to play it again

I hope there will be new mods shortly, because I can't stand looking at Normandy every day. We really need games which will show other parts of II War. People from western countries often forget about many interesting periods in that conflict. It seems that in States and England they only know about D-Day, Market Garden and Bastogne.

Cheers

You need to check more deeply in the mod, you missed a lot apprently:

Some new graphix added/
Some new units like ( PzIII Flammer, Kg-gun section, commandos, command crocodill(M10,M10 17, avre..) heavy coy, ab 20mm polsten, A34 Comet, 40mm bofors, 20mm Flak 38, an more...)
new pix for units in Bg screen, ....
i cannot listing every news here, but telling no more news except the strat map and map is quickly said a guess Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Pzt_Malarkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey
to all the mod makers of GJS 4.4 many many thx for making this good mod it looks great on first site all of it. Very Happy
Altought I must say sound is a bit bad , right?
Np currahee I'm busy making a new one

Who Dares Wins !!!!

Luft_Currahee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye, ye. I know there are lot of details, but will it change overall apperance of this mod? I don't think so... Sometimes, many people take too much attention of small, not very important things. It's great GJS 4.4 is so realisitic in units, but I thought it will be fresh like GJS 4.3 when it was realesed.

Cheers

Luft_Currahee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

To Malark...

Of course that battles in ex Yugoslavia weren't minor, but we can't really concentrate only on on part of the war. Look, how wonderful it was when Gunthi made Winter war mod. It was a great way to get out of other mods, which were showing us last year of war...

I'm really waiting for mods about Italy and Russia...

ZAPPI4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of mod taking those sub area WWII is coming out ...

Stalingrad
Italy
Afrika
French area

Just we need to wait to see them coming in our PC ...

mochoho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that you have three different campaigns offered and beautifuly presented in new clothes on strategic map and of course new maps (somethin new and unexplored)...I Don't bother myself with details, only with overall impression wich is great.. Very Happy

http://www.vojska.net

Dougal_MacKensie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:11 pm Post subject: Small Adjustment Needed for the Latest Release of the GJS Mo Reply with quote

Guys, thanks again for all of the hard work you've done!

One small thing you might like to adjust, though.

In the INSTALL.TXT file, it's still calling it:

Gold-Juno-Sword version 4.3 (GJSv43)

Isn't this release 4.4?? Rolling Eyes

bkp_mik

Rep: 3.6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

gota question bout maps - was going to replace 4.3 maps with 4.4, do they cover all 4.3 maps? i would not like to leave old maps due to the lack of space on the disk....

CSO_Sbufkle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This mod is GJS... so if your not excited aobut Normandy scenario.. I wouldnt reccomend playing it.

But when an updated mod comes out.. In this case from 4.3 to 4.4.. your not going to get a massive difference.. its usually enhancements... like this mod now has. I think strat map & maps are better.. which justifies it as a new VERSION of the mod. Not a new mod altogether.

Now, I hold no secrets that I am bored to death of the Normandy scenario.. but to ciriticze that its Normandy , well thats what the mod is based on. You wont to find Gallipoli 1916 in version 4.5 of GJS.

Modding CC5 is much more difficult & time consuming than CC3 was. Mods dont come along so quickly as they did with CC3. But I think its unfair to criticize this mod.. because even though I dont play it much at all.. in fact Im not likely to play it again after my first little look last night..well made but I am tired of hedgerows & fireflies, (Too much CC2 back in 1997!) but it still is the most popular mod out there right now for CC5. Its clear in the CCS & CSO forums that people wanted enhancements to version 4.3, the GJS team merely gave the people what they wanted.

Would I prefer to see new theatres of play in a new mod.. oh yeah... but really.. you get what you can, & this mod was & is still in demand. Hell I predict in less than a week youll get suggestions for the NEXT version of GJS!!

God.. remember WF?? They went up to V 9.1!!!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mik....

The advise I tell everyone is to just delete GJS4.3 all together and install 4.4 completely as a new mod. This leaves no room for error and ensures when you play online vs someone else with 4.4 that everyone has the same files.

The new text files for the new maps of gjs4.3 are in a zip over on the gjs webpage. You need those if you dont want to download the entire zip files with all the other files in it. There were about 10 or so gjs4.3 maps that need the updated text files.

Anyways, like I say to everyone... delete 4.3, reinstall 4.4 and you will have no questions or conflicts on what version you are playing.

p.s. If anyones wondering CCS wont be putting GJS4.3 up for download anymore. No point getting versions mixed up when playing online.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

hata

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

@Luft_Currahee

If you are disappointed and don't like the overall appearence of 4.4. Be nice to yourself, just don't use it. A lot of us who don't seem to be as picky as you will have a lot of good time to enjoy this FREE 4.4.

mine_surveyor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hata wrote:
@Luft_Currahee

If you are disappointed and don't like the overall appearence of 4.4. Be nice to yourself, just don't use it. A lot of us who don't seem to be as picky as you will have a lot of good time to enjoy this FREE 4.4.

I whole-heartly agree.....your bitchin about something you got for free!!!!
To all you mod creators.....WELL DONE, AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Luft_Currahee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind...

I quit this topic...always have to be nice and admire everything

sebosebi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:05 pm Post subject: rank mode for 4.4 Reply with quote

Hey there isnt rank mode in 4.4..... Sad

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I quit this topic...always have to be nice and admire everything

Some people do have that attitude. I say stick to your guns curahee, if you dont like something, keep telling people, maybe it will change maybe not.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: