Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
RunningMan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:26 am Post subject: Tank Tactics Reply with quote

Due to recent circumstances i'm gonna tell you my 50 cents on Tank tacitcs:

First of all: The more the better. Always try to outnumber the enemy if you can. (But that should be obvious)

2. Try to hit from the side or back (that should be obvious, too)

3. Tanks, that are covered are harder to hit. Once i had a PIVH standing in a Hedge with cover "green"[shown on the team display icon]. It needed about 20 shots of M10/Sherman to destroy it (after 5 shots it was immo and Main gun down, but to destroy it it took a long time)

4. Tanks that are on wide open terrain are much more easily hit than tanks that are placed between obstacles (like wrecks, houses, trees). For example: If u sit in a bunker and have a small slot to shoot through and your opponent is in front of that bunker. Then both have the same LOS but everyone will agree, that the one in the open wont have a realistic chance. Same thing counts for tanks.

5. Tanks can be suppressed as any other unit, too. So if you have a mortar nearby then use it to support your tank in his duel.

6. Tanks can be "pushed" by command teams as any other unit, too. So if you have a Command squad nearby then use it and lay it close to your tank. You will see the difference in aiming and shooting speed.
In addition to this effect the tank crews will hardly abandon their tank if a command squad is close.

If anyone has something more to say to this topic: Please do us the favour and write it down Very Happy .

best regards,
RunningMan

mochoho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it's not much about tactics, but i read in some other topic; someone was complaining about piat's accuracy and efficiency, well i managed to keep alive to piat teems in different BG's (status seen battle/good morale) and discovered that if you sneak enough close to the rear or one of a sides of a medium tanks, you can blow them up easily, if the first hit doesn't destroys the tank (usually doesn't), quickly order your team to ambush because the tank will turn it's turret and check for threat, just stay in ambush and if you're not discovered (usually not) then hit him again and again.. When i started with fresh piat team effective range was approx. 30-50 m (depending on a unit AB or regular)and now after destroying 3 tanks with the same team the effective range is 50-80 m.. If you're trying to destroy a vehicle or a light tank you can try hitting it from the front side and it might work but if the team is not well placed like in a bunker or wreck you could easily lose them, also if you have a command squad nearby the chances to disable or completely destroy armor are greater..I found that piat teams are more fun to play with, than bazooka or panzerschreck..

Cheers everyone..

http://www.vojska.net

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Droping smoke infront of the enemys tank can(but not always) prevent them from seeing.

Try and attack your opponents tank when he is either blasting a house or shooting at your troops,he will have an HE round in the chamber while you (if you havent been doing the same) will have an AP round locked and loaded, sometimes that extra shot helps.

In VETBoB keep your tanks on the road if possible and use the way point system,they will move much,much faster.

bkp_mik

Rep: 3.6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

to be used with hedges. hide a tank behind a hedge. move forward to the hedge, shoot at the enemy tank, move back right after. if u can, do it with 2 tanks in the same time.

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points there.

Here's a nice page out of the GJS Strat Guide concerning tank tactics and some helpful hints.
Have a looksy:
http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/Cob7Tanks-HlftrArmCars-Guns.html

ActionJacksonDX

Rep: 15.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

in defense, remain hidden as long as possible. a tank that is spotted is more of a target than a threat.

bkp_mik

Rep: 3.6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

good point, aj, what u dont know, u fear a lot more Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: