Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:09 pm Post subject: GJS44sas Reply with quote

i just want to make clear that the AB 20mm polsten, 40mm bofors, and german 20mm and 37mm flak guns were done by the GJS44 team. I found them in the force pools. I loved them so I had to get them in the game. I only changed their rate of fire and sound, then put them in the elite force pool. And the flammpanzer was in the forcepool as well. I thought that was a great idea, so I added a 50mm cannon, a mg 42, and the sound and put it in the force pool as well.

thx GJS44 team for these cool weapons and a great mod!!

sincerely, capt jb mac

Atilla

Rep: 2.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record: the Flammpanzer III had it's 50mm gun replaced by a flametrower.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:22 am Post subject: Ye Reply with quote

Iv read the read me file, i have not tryed it as i have just a modem..

I think your mod will fined its fans in th community, the 3 men PIAT , ac, and once tried the 40mm Bofors gun (i have the 40mm in my mod i try to make) thats a really nasty mashine, a reall house cleaner, so to speak...

I will get fast net soon, and i really whant to try this, good work JB

Stalky

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:21 pm Post subject: thx Reply with quote

thx mate!

JB

d6veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading it now. Sounds cool.

I've been mia from CC for sometime and with so many mods out I don't know where to start. The GJS updata is awesome. I used to play SAS + Tigermod an aweful lot a couple years back.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:03 pm Post subject: game crashes with gjs4.4sas(and soem comments) Reply with quote

the problem seems to be with the german BG Abt.101, in hottot and juvigmy it has crashed some seconds AFTER A TIGER FIRES,game lasts no longer then 10 seconds approx.
this is on the operation D DAY+14.
i uninstalled gjs44sas and installed to check, moved the british BG away and fought with another, same thing.
i removed all tanks, to a german sniper and a english 2" morter team, asked for a truce, then withdrew.
i have the first maps pack, but have added TXT corrections(replaced in maps), and regular GJS44 into my system/gjs44 folder.

apart from that the d day +14 is a great campaign, hard fighting with all them panthers,panzers and tigers comin at ya!

another thing, all tiger II tanks i have encountered have had there main gun shot out quite quickly, and a M10 and a firefly have beat them 1 on 1 in my 2 encounters. could this just be extream luck? both where angle shots not frontal.

also whares the jeeps gone :O(

like the bren gun carriers with vickers, a real chop chop to gerry infantry!

M9 half trucks .50's seem to be quite innefective for some reason and the M10's kick ass....i murdered many gerries much to my satisfaction, and ran out of ammo on many occations!(why?)

i been playing 'tacks rules' to use all units more effectively, 1 type of any unit/gun/tank. means i use stuarts, A sherman body and if lucky a cromwell/churchill body tank each. attacking 6 panthers is a daunghting task with 1 6lb and a piat as reserves! this means i test all units, i LIKE 8 rds in piats, great on infantry and side shots on tigers.

the hottot map still as always sucks (for tanks ,no offence to map maker)for guns in blds,and the mud.... and worst of all the inpassable stone walls and hedgerows by any armour!

how about vickers have 4 men, 3 seem to get wasted quick, and 1500 rds? be nice for a church steeple gig.

BRAVO on the mod(mod), its been so much fun.

ps lastly, infantry Rifle groups are now my first choice in tommy units bacause of the rifle grenade, a surely missed unit for many years in GJS regular.

espree de corp

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:40 pm Post subject: game crashes with gjs4.4sas(and soem comments) Reply with quote

when playing and game crashes, were you set to elite or other? if it is a problem with tigers it would do it in other BGs and maps as well, i think. i know there is a problem with the sdkfz 250/1 mg and 250/1 sMG, that has been crashing my games, but...i found the problem and it is fixed.the fix will be in GJS44BlackDevils1.2, which is almost done.
In reguards to your question of tigers gun being knocked out quickly, and them loosing to a FF or m10, i did not alter the tigers any from GJS44, other than sound, but...in BlackDevils i have increased the tigers front and front side armor significantly. Alot of players and myself felt they were to weak in the front end. Also i, did not alter the m10 or FFs, other than sound.I did not change the m9HT any, other than turret protection, and sound. I think I increased the m10 .50cal ammo tho.
how do you find the 25pdr, like on tiger and panther?
I am not sure who made hottot off the top of my head, but if i can get my photoshop going again, i would like to do a bit of editing on some maps.
The vickers a 4 man team, hmmm, good idea, i will put that in to BlackDevils. And the vickers has 1500rds mate.

And keep the ideas, comments(good or Bad), bugs etc... coming soldiers!!

I am glad you are having fun with it. And allies with a few rifle grenades is nice, eh?
Remember, the new force pools are available on ELITE setting only.

sincerely, capt jb mac

Snick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite mod so far, thx for doing it.
But i also have a problem with the game crashing.
I had to reinstall CC5 yesterday and start to play it on ELITE.
Somehow i always played in on LINE.
I started to play Lingevres/Tank action in the Bocage as germans
and while i was moving my units into position the game closed. Sad
I can't wait to dl the new version. Smile

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:16 pm Post subject: But i also have a problem with the game crashing. Reply with quote

Glad you like it snick. sorry about the crashes tho! i will look into it.
in BlackDevils i have integrated the gjs44 patch in, i hope this will fix your troubles. also i found a problem with the sdkfz 250/1 mg and 250/1 smg. i have it fixed in BlackDevils. i know this glitch was causing me alot of trouble.
i think you will like BDs(BlackDevils) more, i know i do. and hope it will resolve more bugs. let me know if you have more trouble, and if BDs works better plz.
the forcepools i changed was the elite, the others;recruit, green, line and veteran are stock GJS FPs. i plan on doing more FP changes in BDs 1.3. i plan on editing the veteran setting, i think, or line maybe.
How do find the 25pdr gun?
thx, capt jb mac
...and plz keep ideas coming!

Snick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As a german i must admit i never played allies. Cool
But there are some AT guns on allied side that can be a pain in the arse Wink
I installed the 1946 mod yesterday but it kinda messed up the game and i had to reinstall it.
Played it for a couple of minutes and found a flammpanzer which i really enjoyed.
What a surprise it was to find something similar in your mod, what a mean machine that is!
That's why i started to play on ELITE.
And i really love the new sMG 42 sound, great stuff.
I haven't played much since the reinstallation but there was another dodgy game shut down.
But unfortunately i can't remember where or when it happened.

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:41 pm Post subject: AT guns on allied side that can be a pain in the arse Reply with quote

hehe, have you come against the 25 pdr yet? yes, those flame tanks are very nasty!! well...if you remember, let me know plz.

thx,

capt jb mac

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:19 am Post subject: oh my god! Reply with quote

the molotov cocktail sounds!!!!
clink(glass) and whoosh....
the barstard killed my DD sherman at 8M!!

tried on elite, nice....(drewl)sas infantry Wink

i have a gripe Question about GJS 44 and sas44 with infantry hiding.
atilla ashores me he did not tweak it from 43, but infantry 'unhide' as little as 3M away in buildings, grass,open fields, even on concreate!
i have taken 2020 screen shots as proof when my tanks literally stumble on hiding grognads meters in front!
also AT guns 15M FIRING AT 3.....3! INF UNITS(piat,hq command and bren section) at hand grenade range, and i cannot 'see' the enemy gun, though my tanks(that got brewed) had a green ring on it...why? dear god WHY OH THE PAIN LOL!
i have to say 25lb is nice, my 2cm took care of one at 60m and a grupfuhrer(you know gerry bosses) killed the other at 10m with a faust30,but when i got one...blew big hiles in gerry inf!
love bofor 40mm,a little slow i thought for 5rd bursts(dugdugdugdugdug) but it just kept going and going for 30 mins and chopped a flax88,pak75 and 2 inf units to pieces while loosing 2 crew on first shot 88.

the abt.101 i disbanded, to many errors there.

still lovin it boys, keep it up!

AS I ALWAYS SAY
LONG LIVE CLOSE COMBAT

espree de corp

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:00 am Post subject: i have a gripe about GJS 44 and sas44 with infantry hiding Reply with quote

the troops will throw molotovs at infantry now too, have you seen that yet, lol!!
It seems to me too, that infantry come out of hiding and attack a tank earlier than they used to in 4.3. i'm not sure whats goin on there. but, it does'nt bother me tho. they usually do a pretty good number on it with the nades.
in regaurds to your infantry not taking out the AT gun, not sure about that one. sounds like may be a fluke. so...it was firing at 3 infantry teams and also took out a tank at the same time? i'm not sure if i understand what happened, may be run that one buy me again?
the 25 pdr is hard on infantry is'nt it, hehehe!!
the 40mm bofors is set to fire 1 round bursts, 1 per second.thats why it might seem slow, but nasty is'nt it?
now, with that abt 101, it was probably the 250/1 mg and 250/1 smg causing you grief. try that bg, but dont use those 2 vehicles, see if that works.

jb

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Devils is now available to download. Thanks JB!

Black Devils

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:06 am Post subject: downloading now! Reply with quote

ok, on the map below juno, the harbour, i was allies assulting jerry, now my DD got shot at by a 7.5PaK in a bld some 500m south west, and my DD was on northern beach, got a few shots back on auto pilot, i saw the muzzle flash, and a green ring came up, then tank 'bought it', i rushed 3 teams to gun asap, a piat, coy and bren, came to bld opposite, hand grenades rained down....still now see....sent bren accross the road to say hello, no see untill they inside the door...then Mr piat said hello and bammo, 1 less pak7.5

this has happened many times and i dont know why at such close ranges....

its fuckin with my mind.

espree de corp

Cpt_JB_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:13 pm Post subject: no see untill they inside the door Reply with quote

so the question is, why was hard for infantry to detect pak40?
if that is the question, the gun would appear when firing, when not firing it would likely disappear. all units are difficult to detect when not firing and setting in ambush. i dont think i did anything to change the ability of detection or anything like that.

jb

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: