Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 Author
Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Atomic Games did Very Happy .

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Oh OK

You're talking about something that happened 10 years ago... fine.

I'm not sure anyone that reads these forum was involved in that decision making process and implementation.

i do know that those decisions  created a game that a lot of people regard as the best of it's type.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Therion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Well, I was responding to the At-Stalky's talk about CC becoming arcade and becoming less of a "realism simulator".

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:36 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Therion,

CCM/CCMT was not designed as a WW2 game/simulator but is a WW2 game updated to be used by the as a US marines training tool. There probably are still features/pieces that better portray WW2 than modern combat but it is close enough that the US Marines paid for the game and use it as a training tool.

As for WAR/TLD there probably can be more changes to make the games more realistic but than you can say the exact samething about CC4/5. It was the CC mod makers that spent a lot of time researching and tweaking data to make CC4/5 more realistic in data and graphics. I believe if you compared the stock games of CC4/5 and WAR/TLD that Matrix/S3T delivered a more realistic game. But with the bug fixes and new features they are better products than what Atomic sold to new customers....

As for Shrecken he is letting you know what he knows but he doesn't control where developer resources goes. It is good to hear there will be additional patches for CCMT and WAR, the question is when they will be available.... For WAR it will probably depend on when TLD gets its none beta patch as it sounds like a number of TLD features will be included in the next WAR patch....

AT_Stalky

votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:15 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

TJ,

Qoute TJ:
As for WAR/TLD there probably can be more changes to make the games more realistic but than you can say the exact samething about CC4/5. It was the CC mod makers that spent a lot of time researching and tweaking data to make CC4/5 more realistic in data and graphics. I believe if you compared the stock games of CC4/5 and WAR/TLD that Matrix/S3T delivered a more realistic game. But with the bug fixes and new features they are better products than what Atomic sold to new customers....
//end Qoute

Well, hm, thats not so, the Atomic map code is close to perfect, and S3T map code is arcadish at best, though I may settle in describe the S3T map code as sloppy or a hast work.

IMO sloppy map code is fine, but only on a arcade level.

--
And about CCMT, the most grose errors in data is found in the "expansion pack" pubished in dec 2007 and in its added british weapons.

For them with bad memmory:

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:09 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Quote:
and in its added british weapons.

Yes, they have received the most attention with regard to the patch.... certainly some anomalies in those files.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:32 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Yeh, then we have the other major errors in S3Ts CCMT.

In CCMT not a SINGLE vehicle have AP (armour piercing) ammo, nor the SP ammo, not a single one of em….

Is that "realism" according to S3T?  
It is ok you know, but only if you call it arcade!

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

send an email off to the people who made the decisions to go wih that type of data in CCM.  (the base for CCMT)

i don't know anyone around that was part of that process.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:49 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Yeh
But maybe you would connsider shanging the CCMT product information:

Qout from Matrix games - CCMT product information:
*Accurate and realistic modern equipment modelling
* Accurately depicts modern tactical warfare and its challenges"
End qoute

Good that we agree on this, for it dont fit the product description

I would not have bough the CCMT game if it had been accurately labeled, like "including arcadish game data".

As a consumer I dont care who you blame for the flawed end product, but your responsible for the inaccurate product description are you not? And we have told you about this bad data for 2 years, yet you have neither fixed it, nor changed the product description.
Who’s fault is that in this blame game of yers?

See what i mean?

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:17 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Quote:
you would connsider shanging the CCMT product information:

I believe is put out by the Matrixgames promotions department along with the box artwork and website banners.

Quote:
I dont care who you blame

I'm not blaming anyone , you are.... actually your not, your just whining on this forum again.

Quote:
And we have told you about this bad data for 2 years,

And I have taken note and would be happy to set it right for you as and when resources are made available.

i know you know all about resources/time/cost/expenses... if it wasn't an issue I'd have 64 recoded WaR maps now... wouldn't I?

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:56 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat 2 Rerelease Thread Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
stalk

CCS was set up as  a CC5 centre of focus.

I believe Mooxe saying it was set up for all versions.

But what I think happened is with so many versions of CC, about 4-5 years ago, it was essentially an unwritten agreement/understanding (And Mooxe can correct me if I am wrong) that due to the massive amount of work keeping ALL VERSIONS ALL DLS up at one site, CCS would specialize more in CC5 and the CSO CC3.. both sites would try to keep up with everything, but in the case of CC3 and CC5 one site could refer the other to help back up.

Chris (Beebs) as my superior in the chain of command told me this was the way I should handle the priorities. Agtain Mooxe woudl have to confirm but my old mind is telling me Chris and Mooxe might have had some sort of correspondance to try to work hand and hand to back each other up this way.

Either way, one single tie keepign EVERYTHING up to date is very very hard, although material for anything but CC5 is slow. The fact is once I get set up to upload missing CC3 files, the CCS site woudl probably represent the most comprehehsive library of DLs the community has ever had.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:32 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

AT_Stalky,

Matrix has included end user data and graphics so why not make some fixes which they could include in the next patch if/when it is released and could be used now by CC fans to get the more realistic game?

As for maps there are/were some coding issues. But TLD coding is much better than WAR and my understanding is that WAR maps are being reviewed/updated.

Andrew,

For the WAR map coding code the updated maps files be posted for the grogs to get instead of waiting on the next WAR patch?

All,

If you have data and or graphics that you believe will make things more realistic post them here so that people can enjoy them now and so that they could possibly be included in the next game patches...

Therion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:05 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
And I have taken note and would be happy to set it right for you as and when resources are made available.

i know you know all about resources/time/cost/expenses... if it wasn't an issue I'd have 64 recoded WaR maps now... wouldn't I?

The games weren't marked as faulty in Matrix Games store since that time, so, all excuses are null and void.

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
As for maps there are/were some coding issues. But TLD coding is much better than WAR and my understanding is that WAR maps are being reviewed/updated.

Andrew,

For the WAR map coding code the updated maps files be posted for the grogs to get instead of waiting on the next WAR patch?

TJ

Who coded WAR and TLD maps? COI were done well, not specacular but pretty good. However WAR was a disaster and TLD only marginally better.

Theres no way SL or Jim coded these, they have done too many maps to mess up like this.

VERY suprised something as critical as weak map coding wasnt identified in beta test. But to be honest its often overlooked unless you are a real hardcore grog or have some mapping experience. To have one or two maps go sour is one thing, but essentially the group.. ugh.

One would hope that lessons will be learned in this area.

Also, does this mean there IS a committed patch for WAR coming? Any press release exspecially concerning CC2 remake or more importantly now that contractual oblgations for Rerelease are done, did 3ST even get the okay to make new CC?

There needs to me emphasis on PR, at least TJ has posted something one assumes with the blessing of 3ST and in a positive way!

PS: Followed up you Meuse map questions in other thread. Happy to see your on 3ST in more than advisory role. Looks like at least one more person there doesnt have his head up his ass.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

I'm still just a volunteer tester.

Don't know if I do or don't have a blessing to post what I did but I do not think I have posted anything that hasn't already been stated or that people can not see for themselves....

Map coding - Many people posted examples and Matrix/S3T staff have acknowledged the map coding issue so nothing new there. It was my opinion that things improved from WAR to TLD (though the patches for TLD did address some consistency issues as the maps came from multiple sources; new, original CC5 and mods). As for who coded the maps, that would not be appropriate for me to publicly post....

WAR - Screenshots were posted on the Matrix forum showing WAR with night affects and it was stated that this would be included in the next patch. Along with some TLD features I believe it was also posted that the maps were being reviewed. Don't know a date but because of the TLD features to be included I would think it would be after the TLD patch is completed.

CC2 Rerelease - I believe S3T staff have posted it is the next game. I'll have to find and post the link.

Next CC - No idea what is next. Nothing has been posted recently....

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:42 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

CC2 Remake - Matrix Erik Rutins Post #16 AT_Stalky
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2096193&mpage=1&key=CC2&#2096639

Therion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Therion,

CCM/CCMT was not designed as a WW2 game/simulator but is a WW2 game updated to be used by the as a US marines training tool. There probably are still features/pieces that better portray WW2 than modern combat but it is close enough that the US Marines paid for the game and use it as a training tool.

Close enough for Marines isn't the same as "accurate". It's enough to perform the exercises from the Marine Workbook, as long as one has a living opponent that is a soldier.
It doesn't mean that it has the features that Matrix Games say it has.

Also, there's a question of competition. There are other titles that model radars, thermal sights, different types of armour (chobham and ERA for example), AA defences, etc.
The product information leads customer that CCMT models the modern equipment as well or even better than products whose creators put effort and money into modern equipment modelling.

Also, Marines wanted CCMAT, so it wasn't really close enough for their needs when it comes to portrayal of modern warfare.

Therion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

*leads to believe

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

I'm still just a volunteer tester.

Don't know if I do or don't have a blessing to post what I did but I do not think I have posted anything that hasn't already been stated or that people can not see for themselves....

Map coding - Many people posted examples and Matrix/S3T staff have acknowledged the map coding issue so nothing new there. It was my opinion that things improved from WAR to TLD (though the patches for TLD did address some consistency issues as the maps came from multiple sources; new, original CC5 and mods). As for who coded the maps, that would not be appropriate for me to publicly post....

WAR - Screenshots were posted on the Matrix forum showing WAR with night affects and it was stated that this would be included in the next patch. Along with some TLD features I believe it was also posted that the maps were being reviewed. Don't know a date but because of the TLD features to be included I would think it would be after the TLD patch is completed.

CC2 Rerelease - I believe S3T staff have posted it is the next game. I'll have to find and post the link.

Next CC - No idea what is next. Nothing has been posted recently....

Have a link for the WaR night effect screens?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

WAR Night Affects Video - Post #8 by S3T Andrew Williams
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2125085&mpage=1&key=war%2Cnight&#2125191

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Jump to: