Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:31 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Map Sizes Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:
But you are creeping me out, everytime I post something, there you are

OK... so you're a nut and won't share your mods

one more strike and your out

Shouldn't you have payed closer attention to some of the posts regarding the strat map/tac map associations and abstractions back in the map thread  Question

BTW, the sentence you keep quoting was a reference to strat map areas before combat takes place on the tac map. I am sure you will catch on once you check out the diagrams  Idea

I have no mods. Other than the plugins I have patched up at home, and they are not "publication" ready, if you know what I mean.  Arrow

And there is not a lot of demand for them either. Its not like the phone is ringing off the hook. "Hey Stwa, can I have your Jihad Pro plugin ?" or "Hey Stwa, can I have your cutdown of the Isigny map ?".

It's just not happening, thank God.

P.S. Even if I had a mod, I don't think I would upload it to the Vendors site. Just a personal preference of mine.

BTW, your a prick, and you can sit on it and spin before I ever upload anything to you.

Have a nice day  Idea

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Razz

LOL

It just got better!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:51 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

and there you go again following me into dark and dangerous places like a trainwrecks thread.

shivvverrrrsss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Flamethrower wrote (View Post):
still pretending he is a professional game developer (fired), a CC site administrator (fired), a modder (joke mods only....hey self appointed expert critics... if you want to slag a real piece of CC crap take a look at Jethro or Gilligans Island), a mapper (and where are those maps you promised for Meuse a year ago?)

As I told Shaun and Mick what was 4-5 years ago, and they both can attest to, I stepped down from Simtek. Apprenetly years later I am now told they were going to get rid of me, but apprently I quit first... okay.. considering it took years for this info to surface, well I dont trust it.. sounds simply like revisionists history on 3STs part.

Now as Mick and Shaun know, I told them and I believe Chris, I was offered work at EA and some of thier sister groups when I stepped down. In that period of time I have been involved with a few projects for them, and yes, this includes paid gigs. So if the definition of a professional is getting paid for your work, I then I can claim being a games development professional. In the thread where I stepped down from admin at CSO (A position I came back later to, and a thred where Cheerleader applauded me) You will even see Mick post something to the effect of "Good luck at EA." I was in a hotel room in Penn when I called him to discuss Simtek and he spoke psoitive things about a friend of his who worked on the monsterously sucessful Madden series fo games. I told Shaun as well I had another opportunity, Im sure hell have selective memory or just not answer in fear of confirming I am correct.

I have also since even when I did work with Simtek done some work for the University of McGill on graphics for 2 specific departments. This does not equate to games development, but does equate to professional graphics design. This was mentioned to Simtek staff on a few occasions, a couple of these McGill projects actually posponed work on Red Phoenix overview map I later did. (Was of the  Korean contienent and I am not sure if it was intended to be a strat map, but IIRC had provinces sectioned off, plus major roads, railway lines and a couple of dozen towns/cities on it. I believe this was only used to pitch the project to Destineer.) Although I have a cd/dvd case full of work I had done for Simek, I have never come across a master copy of this. In my own archieves I think its basically gone.

Now I have never thrown this other work in the face of anyone at 3ST or Cheerleader, becuase frankly, I found it something I shouldnt wag in thier face, being with such a successful group, as they desperately tried to make these rereleases work. But hey, I have been able to suppliment my income with this sideline, paid for my deck I renovated recently as an example. So see Cheerleader make the comments he does, well, its about time I throw this at him. He can choke on that.

Jethro and GI were mods I made, and  were hack around fun mods. I never poted anywhere they were meant to be taken seriously.. were talking about a game after all, and a mod made for free for kicks... so why 'slag' anythisng?  They were tongue in cheek.. so its funny you think its inswutling to me to make fun of them.. how can you make a joke at what was essentially a joke to start with?

Meuse maps, TJ was sent copies of int INT & EXT shots for a non coded map I promised him and I began work on others. I believe he wanted a small change to the elevation shading on a winding road on NE part of map. Only one of these other maps I worked on was one he asked for, the others I made in the same style in case they would fit. TJ is very dedicated towards historical accuracy! So these additional map outside 1 onther he asked for were kind of longshots to hit mod if he was sticking to history!TJ and I both were months between MSN communications to each other about the progress and needs, he can confirm that which essentially show that neither of us were on any deadline. Between doing things for my own projects, professional or in the case of some work for non profit organization websites, one has to prioritize what they do. If TJ was upset at me or had something hinging on this to hit a deadline, he didnt specify it to me. Maybe he was being polite.. Id have to ask him. You can also ask TJ to verify I asked him to keep it under wraps I was doing anyhting for him, becuase look, as soon as its known, Cheerleader bashes it.. it shows what he thinks of anyone who does work for CC that isnt part of the 3ST club.

Before I forget, Yes, I got my admin rights taken away it CSO, and how has the site done since then??

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:30 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

CSO_Sbufkle wrote (View Post):
...work on Red Phoenix overview map I later did. (Was of the  Korean contienent and I am not sure if it was intended to be a strat map, but IIRC had provinces sectioned off, plus major roads, railway lines and a couple of dozen towns/cities on it. I believe this was only used to pitch the project to Destineer.) Although I have a cd/dvd case full of work I had done for Simek, I have never come across a master copy of this. In my own archieves I think its basically gone.

Was it these pictures? I just found the JPGs not the PSDs.

map2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.83 KB
 Viewed:  839713 Time(s)

map2.jpg

map1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  239.83 KB
 Viewed:  839714 Time(s)

map1.jpg

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

iDot

Rep: 15.8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:23 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

i like fish

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:31 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Last I heard the project is still in the works but Destineer was still waiting for a PATCH to correct this forgotten connection.

map1_564.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  161.56 KB
 Viewed:  839674 Time(s)

map1_564.jpg

Flamethrower

Rep: 11.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

As I told Shaun and Mick what was 4-5 years ago,

hardy har har...see that is the thing there buttfukle...you feel this burning desire to explain (read: recreate) things that happened 4-5 years ago

hey...while you are on the lonesome road of delusion and denial (read: egomania) why don't you go right back to the bed-wetting, thumb-sucking, and wacking your mates from behind in kindergarden...and explain that too, everybody is teetering on the edge of their chairs waiting for the whole history of buttfukle's rise to CC godhood

oh...and if you are going to quote me you might as well quote the whole thing...the last bit is the best part...

"and then in a class by himself (and his only relationship to any class at all) is Buttfukle the Gollum

still pretending he is a professional game developer (fired), a CC site administrator (fired), a modder (joke mods only....hey self appointed expert critics... if you want to slag a real piece of CC crap take a look at Jethro or Gilligans Island), a mapper (and where are those maps you promised for Meuse a year ago?)

probably the most revealing message from this ego-freak is.... "Look at Matrixes forums for the 'new generation of CCers' who buy the rerelease and look at these forums... see activity, see comments, see how ther new Matrix faithful make 5 posts then move on to a new game the following week."

yeppers...belittling the "new generation of CCers" shows exactly where you always were, are now, and always will be..."gollum, gollum......my precioussssssssssssss"

cry.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.51 KB
 Viewed:  839642 Time(s)

cry.gif

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:28 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

Even though I can't stand FT I got to admit Buf's constant drumming of the past is so old and carries no point what so ever to anything current with CC can only be conveyed as whining/crying.

Hell FT's post Buf is replying to has a date of Oct 22 2009
wft is that?

Whats more important is the god dam patch for WAR that still hasent been released or even mentioning of a time frame for it,the tLD patch has been out now wheres mine?

The other important issue is will Ray Lewis be charged for murder again when he kills Peyton Manning tonight?
Go Ravens!

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:41 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

to paraphrase Coach Mora...."did you say patch?  patch?  don't be saying patch......"

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:07 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

This is whats truly disgusting, post after post.... after post............. after post... of drivel.

Last edited by mooxe on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:17 am Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

It's all ancient history lads - just Shut Up and Shoot

Having said that - nice Korea strat map  Very Happy  Positive criticism - make it portrait and zoom it in a bit. I dont like strat maps with too much non-battle map. But, I suppose it's a moo point, it will never be released antway  Crying or Very sad

CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
...work on Red Phoenix overview map I later did. (Was of the  Korean contienent and I am not sure if it was intended to be a strat map, but IIRC had provinces sectioned off, plus major roads, railway lines and a couple of dozen towns/cities on it. I believe this was only used to pitch the project to Destineer.) Although I have a cd/dvd case full of work I had done for Simek, I have never come across a master copy of this. In my own archieves I think its basically gone.

Was it these pictures? I just found the JPGs not the PSDs.

Veyr cool to see these again.. I thought I might have lost them forever! Thanks for posting them...

Actually I use multilayered PNG files, not PSDs and I usually never give them to whoever I am doing work for, just the final single layered graphic. (Although on a couple of jobs I did for a client the task WAS to make a multilayed single PSD for template use)

Anyhow, the PNGs for this are either gone or in a CD somewhere in the cedar closet. But it doesnt matter, there were no maps planned out for all these areas, it was just a sketch really to sell the idea to developpers.

I dont know what I was thinking for the logos and font.. pretty tacky. But that was a long time ago.

I wont ask where you got these.. although if you tell me you have the MacDonald's version I made of Kiosk map (Pentagon Kiosk Porject) then Ill know exactally where you got these! ;)

I seriously have to get a massive external HD and dump all the CC CD's and DVD's and finally catalog all the crap I collected  and made over the years for CC. Probably just trash most of it anyway!

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: NATO forces in Afganistan Reply with quote

Occupation of Afghanistan is illegal. Again one useless war (drug) more.
Withdraw your forces now.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: NATO forces in Afganistan Reply with quote

Ejergard wrote (View Post):
Yes, Balkh, Aybak, Jowzjan and Sar-e-Pol, these 4 provinces is PRT MeS (Mazar-e-Sharif)

I find it somehow amusing that Sweden sends their troops aboard while their troops should deal with camel jockeys in their own country.
Ah, C´est la vie!

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Flamethrower

Rep: 11.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

You would think that the release of LSA would rate a blurb on the CCS homepage, but apparently mooxe's grudge against all things S3T prevent him from considering it worthwhile "news" for the CC community........or maybe he is just too busy eavesdropping on secure developer websites Rolling Eyes

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

There's a good "realistic" reason why teams are worth half their original "cost" when returning, regardless of experience/morale they may have gained - for instance fatigue (mental as well as physical), minor injuries, torn uniforms in need of patches, broken or lost equipment etc...

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:11 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Flamethrower wrote (View Post):
You would think that the release of LSA would rate a blurb on the CCS homepage, but apparently mooxe's grudge against all things S3T prevent him from considering it worthwhile "news" for the CC community........or maybe he is just too busy eavesdropping on secure developer websites Rolling Eyes

Ok heres the blurb...

LSA, play one of the most overplayed theatres of war ever to grace the PC world. LSA, buy it for the vehicle pathing issues, the horrible AI, difficulty to connect multiplayer, an AI who wont attack and a huge price tag. LSA, buy it for the new strategic features cause thats all we can actually change, oh and theres new maps.

The blurb, and thats all it deserves, will be in the next Close Combat Players News, assuming I have bought or pirated the game by then.

As for eavesdropping, have you ever considered who MOOXE is?

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Quote:
As for eavesdropping, have you ever considered who MOOXE is?

Yeeeooowwwww!

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:01 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

mooxe = Sulla

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Jump to: