Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:34 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

sod98 wrote (View Post):
You are misunderstanding me. I don't like to see a scholar like you being put in a position where people might laugh at you for not understanding when you are having your leg pulled or is it through the use of sarcasm.

Same to ya.  Laughing

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:36 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Same to ya.  Laughing[/quote]

Good on you. Cheers and enjoy your day or night, whatever.

ps quote system still shot........... I must have gone to the wrong Uni too.

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Sod,

as you are quite new here yoi should believe me that Stwa, beeing a smart and good person, is a 80-level troll Wink.
He is not interested in facts or good discussion but always tries to redirect the discussion from the initial topic so he can start post his favorite videos Wink.

Don't take him serious when he says he is upset by your words Wink

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:59 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Don't take him serious when he says he is upset by your words Wink[/quote]

Well to be honest I was trolling him. He does get upset if you know what buttons to push and i think i have found a few for future reference - Uni being one of the better ones.

Cheers

ps Don't mention Wiki is for pretenders as I think he relies on it. Hope he doesn't read this post otherwise he will fret again and won't calm down again.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:18 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Quote:
Well to be honest I was trolling him. He does get upset if you know what buttons to push and i think i have found a few for future reference - Uni being one of the better ones.

then you found each other Wink

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:11 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
...as you are quite new here yoi should believe me that Stwa, beeing a smart and good person, is a 80-level troll Wink.
He is not interested in facts or good discussion but always tries to redirect the discussion from the initial topic so he can start post his favorite videos.

Any you sir, being a smart and good person, are constantly trying to deceive any and all forumites. From your ridiculous assertions about Holodomor where you actually tried to cite an academic, who coincidentally was just another Holodomor denier quoting fictitious Soviet harvest data created decades after the actual event.

Then when you went on and on making up stories about Croc units in Normandy until we obtained primary source documents from the tank regiments themselves. You stopped posting after that.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Don't take him [Stwa] serious when he says he is upset by your words Wink

I never said to sod, that I was upset by his words.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:54 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

Any you sir, being a smart and good person, are constantly trying to deceive any and all forumites. From your ridiculous assertions about Holodomor where you actually tried to cite an academic, who coincidentally was just another Holodomor denier quoting fictitious Soviet harvest data created decades after the actual event.

what? didn't I give you a link to a research of the US historian that clearly stated it was not planned but the bad management?
I can give you links to a number of researches in Russian but you probably won't believe hence always trying to find Western historians to quote on this forum.

Quote:
Then when you went on and on making up stories about Croc units in Normandy until we obtained primary source documents from the tank regiments themselves. You stopped posting after that.

what? really? AFAIR I told you these docs are available online and you should have to seach instead of making stupid statements.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10507&start=100

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Lies and deceit are all you know Dima and as far as I am concerned everything you have ever posted at this site may not be reliable.

Perhaps it is the culture you were raised in. I don't know and I don't care.

You are quoting from Slavic Review, published at a 2nd rate university in Illinois. Even the author raised suspicion of his own conclusion. The author was not even a full professor. You have Wikipedia editors that have more credentials than that twerp. Perhaps he was just a stooge, like yourself.

And the Croc stuff, It wasn't a matter of searching for a PDF file of the War Diaries from Normandy. I found photocopies of the diary that had been obtained by someone in the UK, who had short access to the originals. He uploaded those photocopies to Flickr.

I am sure you thought these photocopies did not exist on-line and then you realized you were screwed.

Then we found out just how full of bull you are, and the deliberate lies you were telling just for your own amusement.

Last edited by Stwa on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Quote:
Lies and deceit are all you know Dima and as far as I am concerned everything you have ever posted at this site may not be reliable.

can you prove that?

Quote:

I know that in your country and culture it's easy to say anything without proving.
Here a man should stand and prove his words otherwise he is like a cunt...I guess I was mistaken about you so now let's talk serious.

Quote:
You are quoting from Slavic Review, published at a 2nd rate university in Illinois. Even the author raised suspicion of his own conclusion. The author was not even a full professor. You have Wikipedia editors that have more credentials than that twerp. Perhaps he was just a stooge, like yourself.

my link again and some other:
http://www.as.wvu.edu/history/Faculty/Tauger/Tauger,%20'The%201932%20Harvest%20and%20the%20Famine%20of%201933,%20SR%2091.pdf
https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/more-on-the-fake-holodomor/
https://www.facebook.com/steven.argue.1/posts/10203142775703869:0
http://nihilist.li/2014/12/22/golodomor-i-mif-o-russkih-maroderah/
http://newsland.com/news/detail/id/592113/

Quote:
And the Croc stuff, It wasn't a matter of searching for a PDF file of the War Diaries from Normandy. I found photocopies of the diary that had been obtained by someone in the UK, who had short access to the originals. He uploaded those photocopies to Flickr.

how come one could be such a lier?
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10507&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=80
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10507&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40
If true, then cite these souces, provide a link, you spammer.  Laughing
BTW, Brest is not in Normandy, and I doubt it was an objective during operation Epsom.
The Operation Epsom Order of Battle states 2 troops (141st RAC) to one (or perhaps two) brigaded regiments it the 15th Scottish Division. I take 2 troops to be 6 tanks?
Here is a picture of an article that tries to identify all the 141st RAC tanks by name, during the time they were attached to 31st Armoured Tank Brigrade. (i.e. since June 6th 1944). Note there are Mk VIIs but only one "Funny" was mentioned, that being a Mk IV AVRE fascine tank. My guess is a facine unit is one without its mine roller which was probably robbed from this unit and sent to an assault battalion in an Engineer eschelon.
Note that the document, mentions NO flamethrower tanks, or flamethrower kits. And it doesn't mention at all if any of these tanks were in Normandy. Only Nigel Duncan's book (1972), says some where, but Duncan's book is about the 79th Armoured Division, and 141st RAC was attached to 31st Armoured Tank Brigade during this time. So my guess is, Duncan is as clueless as everyone else.
Also, note the picture of Churchill with NO flame projector and NO fuel trailer attached.
(c) Stwa

then you found the docs yourself as I suggested you to do.
looser.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
my link again and some other:
http://www.as.wvu.edu/history/Faculty/Tauger/Tauger,%20'The%201932%20Harvest%20and%20the%20Famine%20of%201933,%20SR%2091.pdf
https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/more-on-the-fake-holodomor/
https://www.facebook.com/steven.argue.1/posts/10203142775703869:0
http://nihilist.li/2014/12/22/golodomor-i-mif-o-russkih-maroderah/
http://newsland.com/news/detail/id/592113/

1. Your 1st link is stale or non-existent.

2. Your 2nd link is a blog about Holodomor by Robert Lindsay. He has a degree in journalism, and appaerently now just a blogger. He has interest or ties to the Communist Party USA, and a self proclaimed leftest. He is a holomor denier.

3. Your 3rd link is a Facebook post by Steven Argue, an unkown, who denies Holodomor and furnishes the text of Robert Lindsay's blog as proof. (see 2nd link)

4. Your 4th link supplies a map of Ukraine with what appears to be the fake harvest data of 1933 re-calculated by the Soviet Union in the 1970's.

5. Your 5th link is in some language (Russian?) that would appear to moi to be nothing more that state sponsored propaganda.

Gee Dima, and you critisize the Wiki. You said you were gonna get serious. You are full of it.

If you take link 2, click on the "About" tab at the top of the page, and Mr. Lindsay describes himself. You will understand what Dima thinks is a credible source.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

how come one could be such a lier?

Well here is the link I supplied back then to the Flickr images. I was reading the 141 RAC War Diary from the images. The gentleman in the UK who created the images from the original War Diary was Paul Reed. You do see that these are images? Paul Reed has led a really great life, and has spent a lot of time helping families obtain information about loved ones that had perished in WW2.

141 RAC War Diaries

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

can you prove that?

I don't need to proove it. You prove it every day of your life.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

2. Your 2nd link is a blog about Holodomor by Robert Lindsay. He has a degree in journalism, and appaerently now just a blogger. He has interest or ties to the Communist Party USA, and a self proclaimed leftest. He is a holomor denier.

3. Your 3rd link is a Facebook post by Steven Argue, an unkown, who denies Holodomor and furnishes the text of Robert Lindsay's blog as proof. (see 2nd link)

4. Your 4th link supplies a map of Ukraine with what appears to be the fake harvest data of 1933 re-calculated by the Soviet Union in the 1970's.

5. Your 5th link is in some language (Russian?) that would appear to moi to be nothing more that state sponsored propaganda.

Gee Dima, and you critisize the Wiki. You said you were gonna get serious. You are full of it.

If you take link 2, click on the "About" tab at the top of the page, and Mr. Lindsay describes himself. You will understand what Dima thinks is a credible source.

it's funny Stwa how can you be such a looser as I thought better about you Sad.
[color=darkred]
Lies and deceit are all you know Dima and as far as I am concerned everything you have ever posted at this site may not be reliable. (c)Stwa
no proves? read above who you are.
[/color]

Quote:

no proves? read above who you are.

Quote:
You are quoting from Slavic Review, published at a 2nd rate university in Illinois. Even the author raised suspicion of his own conclusion. The author was not even a full professor. You have Wikipedia editors that have more credentials than that twerp. Perhaps he was just a stooge, like yourself

Iam quoting a researcher in English as you suck in Russian even with Google translator.
Maybe you can read something serious about topic instead of beeing so bullshitter?
As I believe you are banned on anything but wikipedia here is the direct link for you http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/589297.Fraud_Famine_And_Fascism.
Say thanks to Dima and enjoy.

Quote:
And the Croc stuff, It wasn't a matter of searching for a PDF file of the War Diaries from Normandy. I found photocopies of the diary that had been obtained by someone in the UK, who had short access to the originals. He uploaded those photocopies to Flickr

You tried to bullshit without knowing things:
Dima, you are such a kidder.  Laughing

Since the engines on the Churchill were never upgraded, the tank became increasingly slower as additional armour and armament was equipped and weight increased; while the Mk I weighed 39,118 kg (40 long tons) and the Mk III weighed 39,626 kg, the Mk VII weighed 40,643 kg. This caused a reduction in maximum speed of the tank from its original 26 kilometres per hour (16 mph) down to 20.5 kilometres per hour (12.7 mph). The engines also suffered from many mechanical problems.

Another problem was the tank's relatively small turret that prevented the use of powerful weapons; definitive versions of the tank were armed with either the QF 6 pounder or the derivative QF 75 mm gun. The 6-pdr was effective against armoured vehicles but less so against other targets, the 75mm a better all-rounder but lacking against armour. Although the Churchills with their 6 pounders could outgun many contemporary German medium tanks (like the Panzer IV with the short-barrel 75 mm gun and the Panzer III's 50 mm gun) and the thick armour of all Churchill models could usually withstand several hits from any German anti-tank gun, in the later years of the war the German Panther tank had a 75 mm high-velocity cannon as its main armament along with increased protection, against which the Churchills' own guns often lacked sufficient armour penetration to fight back effectively. -wiki

Churchill Tank

So, if you add a 6.5 ton fuel trailer and 1 ton of fuel to the Mk VII, me thinks the tank goes less than 10 miles per hour.  Laughing

And, since the pressurized trailer only lasts for 30 minutes, the effective "combat range" of this urban legend would be 5 miles maximum. What a joke.  Laughing
[/i]
and
So you just want to continue spamming. Ok fine.  :lol

Wiki is a good source me thinks. You can find lots of great info on weapon systems there.

Dima+books is hard to access, it's always suspect, and is surly.  Laughing

But this is part of the central problem in the literature. It says Crocodile, but if the associated units (tank, trailer) are taken apart, then what do you have? Is the fuel trailer itself refered to as a Crocodile. And they are FIELD kits after all.

And you are forgetting the fuel trailer can be jettisoned from inside the tank. So when that happens, it is no longer a Crocodile, right?

So me thinks, this is what it means:  Arrow

"We have a dozen Mk VIIs and we have 1 or 2 fuel trailers (that don't work BTW), so POTENTIALLY, all of our Mk VIIs could be Crocodiles." ... just NOT at the same time.  Laughing
[/i]
and then you found it http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10507&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100
so why you are so lier?
Or you just have no clue you try to talk about?

Quote:
You only mentioned searching after I found these photocopies. I am sure you thought these photocopies did not exist on-line and then you realized you were screwed.

how can one be such a lier?
2 days before you found photocopies I suggested you to check yourself:
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
Come on Dima, without a link, maybe its just more spam.

[size=24]told you - that's from War Diary of 141RAC in Normandy - you can check that out yourself Wink.[/size]

Quote:
Other sources state the Crocodiles first entered combat on June 20th. According to Nigel Duncan in 79th Armoured Division, the flamethrowers did take part in the Normandy landings but initially had little success until it was understood that the trailers should not pressure up earlier than 30 minutes prior to an attack due to the leakage that occurred under the pressurized system. -WW2HQ

first 2 Crocs entered combat on June 6th and first combat using Croc's flamethrowers appeared on June 7th.

Quote:
Then we found out just how full of bull you are, and the deliberate lies you were telling just for your own amusement.

The only things we found looking on your previous statements are that so you are bullshitter and lier.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:58 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

[quote="Stwa";p="80830"]

I really thought you are smarter Sad.
Unfortunately for you you can't read Russian so I had to give you the first links in English I found in google.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Well,

Here is the link to the Wiki Holodomor article.

It identifies about 50 works in it's Bibliography and 146 in-line citations or footnotes to those works.

If far surpasses anything Dima can come up with, and he knows it.

Holodomor

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

can you prove that?

I don't need to proove it. You prove it every day of your life.

Sure I do as I earn USD 200K a year and have BMW X5 2014 (december) and Land Cruiser 2015.
But you can still lie to yourself that you are cool.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:08 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Well,
Here is the link to the Wiki Holodomor article.
It identifies about 50 works in it's Bibliography and 146 in-line citations or footnotes to those works.
If far surpasses anything Dima can come up with, and he knows it.
Holodomor

Unfortunately you have dissapointed me badly.
LIER.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:24 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Unfortunately for you you can't read Russian so I had to give you the first links in English I found in google.

And those links in English were really poor choices, oui?

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:26 pm Post subject: Re: Beevor, Berlin & BBC Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Sure I do as I earn USD 200K a year and have BMW X5 2014 (december) and Land Cruiser 2015.
But you can still lie to yourself that you are cool.

Jeez Dima, I have never seen you this desperate.  Laughing

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Jump to: