Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:28 pm Post subject: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm looking for CplFilth does anyone know where or how i could contact him. I and i think most of the modders who like to in order to be able and make a functional stratmap... But in order to do so we need the program to be adapted to cc5 the longest day...

So if anyone knows where I could find him i would be very pleased to know.

Cheers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Buck...

AFAIK...as long as you just use 44 maps...you can use Stratedit to create the Stratmap graphics (the puzzle pieces). Then some minor editing to fit them graphically on the TLD or WAR Stratmap screen.
When all that's done...you'll have to manually edit the txt data for maps, connections and stuff.

You're planning to port Scheldt to CCTLD right? What about OMG? Don't let the S3T guys beat you to the punch with the CC2 rerelease Smile

Is CplFilth still around these days?

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SL,

I'm indeed planning on converting Scheldt to TLD but i would like to update it to 64 maps... doing this by hand is imo an almost impossible job. From what I understood of the TLD team it would be just a matter of stretching out the limits in the data...

About the OMG, I dont believe they are working on a cc2 update... And im currently to busy with my work and the Scheldt mod to give any attention to OMG...

I believe he isn´t around anymore... his last visit date on cso was somewhere in 2004 i believe...

Cheers Buck

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck if you're planning to expand Scheldt to 64 maps.
I believe Jim (RD_Oddball) mentioned something about creating Photoshop automation routines to handle the Stratmap graphics in Photoshop.
Without a replacement tool for Stratedit...making a new Stratmap is gonna be a huge manual task for modders. The graphics will have to be done manually...while the X,Y coordinates hunting for the txt file is also...erm...not fun Wink

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SL,

Yeah well you would expect that i have to redo about 20 maps Wink but i woudnt be myself if i wanted to do things even better than the 1st plan Wink So i have to do like 26 maps Wink

Yeah i have had some contact with jim about it... from what he told me i had a gut feeling that that would be a tough job Wink

Cheers Buck

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:09 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

The 64maps on TLD or WAR are one option, you can make one strategic map with 1, 2 or 30 maps. 64 maps is the max number that you can of them.

About make a strategic, it is not too difficult and really it does not take too time if you want what you must make. The first time it took me one week but the third only two days, of course it is a chinese work but if you are waiting one conversion tool, probably you will wait all your live. If you want, I have one small guide and it can help you too, you only need photoshop and free time.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:10 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Hey nomada,

Why should i invest such an amount of time... if there is someone able to make a protocol wich makes things much more easier Wink maybe its lazy on my behalf but if there is an easier route from a to b why shoudnt you take it???

Cheers Buck

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

I agree with Buck :)

Mafi's new BTD Editor for WAR/TLD looks great and works (alpha version)!
I hope he has time to follow this up with a StratEdit replacement tool *while nudging Mafi's shoulder*  Wink

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:02 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
Hey nomada,

Why should i invest such an amount of time... if there is someone able to make a protocol wich makes things much more easier Wink maybe its lazy on my behalf but if there is an easier route from a to b why shoudnt you take it???

Cheers Buck

How many is a amoutn of time for you? two or three days? perhaps you must take it because I think that you will not see one convert tool or one strat tool new, specially when ST3 members have made the strategic maps manually. I would like see it but I´m sure that you will not see it before the CC6.

Personally edit all the tga from backgrounds and game menus take me more time than a new strategic map. If not, I had released the new ABTF mod today. Cool

About the guide, probably I will end it and I will try publish it. Next if somebody wants help about it, I will help but I will not make his own work.Wink

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:53 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Hey SL,

I had a look at the btd edit tool from mafi Wink looks very good indeed... even a bit easier than the first tool imo ;)

@ nomada... the fact that the st3 team made it by hand wont imply that we need to do it in the same manner... i believe the original cc5 team didnt have a stratedit at its disposal... but it was made by cplfilth and worked just fine... its my believe that mafi is able to do the same on the tld and war games ;)

Cheers Buck

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:42 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
...its my believe that mafi is able to do the same on the tld and war games...

Hello around here to all,

http://closecombatonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14531
I'm now at stage v0.01a0
the main BTD thingy seems to have been done... only one BTD task on my list left.
But I need more bug reports. Just remember: most time I have spent on the new tool was
- user interface arrangement and testing,
- OS behavior in MacOS and Linux (I cant test on WinXP),
- clipboard management,
- adding Preferences management system.

So the highest respect I have regarding the stratmap image size, how to scroll around without loosing performance (think of 5CC before 1.10) ...

Cheers
Mafi

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:06 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Love the new Tool Mafi thank-You very much.
Would be nice if it could load the map a lot quicker (not needed but nice)
Any chance it could automatically load the last Maps one was viewing from the previous use?rather than directing it every time the program loads?
Would it be possible to have a click and drag feature to relocate current/edited VL's?  
Whats the Maximum # of VL's a map can hold?
In CCIV 4.02 TT had used a method of putting two VL's on top of each other but only one of them showed up,is it possible to do this for WAR? Currently it doesnt look to be with the new tool.I havent tried yet by using the .txt option. It's on my too do list but havent gotten around to it yet.
Is it possible to get the character limit for the Briefing Texts? I seen a conversation about it here once but cant seem to find it.
I think Neil knows.......I think?
I have XP and havent seen any problems yet.
I notice the Tool doesnt prompt you to save your work before closing.

again    thanks for your hard work,it is deeply appreciated.

Mafi

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:50 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Would be nice if it could load the map a lot quicker (not needed but nice) Any chance it could automatically load the last Maps one was viewing from the previous use?rather than directing it every time the program loads?

Hi platoon_Michael,
thanks for the report and suggestion! Take latest one, this has the "recent install" menuitem.

Quote:
Would it be possible to have a click and drag feature to relocate current/edited VL's?

not yet planned.
Quote:
Whats the Maximum # of VL's a map can hold?

CC4: 10 VL
CC5: 16 VL
CC:WaR/TLD: I dont know.

Quote:
In CCIV 4.02 TT had used a method of putting two VL's on top of each other but only one of them showed up,is it possible to do this for WAR?

It is possible, just give them the same coordinates by using text input in the right listbox or by modding the BTD-file with a text editor. Just make a try and then report if the game accept it.

Quote:
Currently it doesnt look to be with the new tool.

can be done, use text input.

Quote:
Is it possible to get the character limit for the Briefing Texts?

for CC4/5: 4096 chars (will add this limit check to my list)
for CC:WaR/TLD: I dont know.

Quote:
I have XP and havent seen any problems yet.

Thanks, good to hear!

Quote:
I notice the Tool doesnt prompt you to save your work before closing.

Feature added in v0.01a0 or newer.

Good luck, keep on modding!
Mafi

Mafi

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Mafi wrote (View Post):

Quote:
Is it possible to get the character limit for the Briefing Texts?

for CC4/5: 4096 chars (will add this limit check to my list)

briefing length limit check added. new version online v0.01a2
See "Preferences"

Mafi

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Good addon the btdeditor, I was waiting it.

About RTBtool, I continue with errors when I play it on my computer with windowsxp, I do not know if it is a problem from one strange driver, perhaps a dll or it is because it is hardware problem. But I can run it with a old pentiumiv.

Quote:
the fact that the st3 team made it by hand wont imply that we need to do it in the same manner... i believe the original cc5 team didnt have a stratedit at its disposal... but it was made by cplfilth and worked just fine... its my believe that mafi is able to do the same on the tld and war games Wink

Yes but probably war and tld are a little different to CC5, specially when they can run a strategic map with 64, 40, 50 or the size that you want on strategic map. And the stratmap.txt saved more things that the old strat tool and it has not the limitations from the old cc5 tool.

About the strategicguide, I have asked to Neil about release the tool for free, I will complete it without problems but I will need sometime for release it. I´m sure that if you know photoshop at 25% you can make a new strategic map easily and very well. Like I told you, take more time edit all the other tga than to make a strategic map with this guide. Specially because war/tld has not the limitations that you have with the strat tool.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:23 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Thanks for taking my questions Mafi.

Would it be possible to label the 2 Briefing boxes?
I.E.
Allied Briefing
Axis Briefing?
Or maybe just add a fadded background image into the white box?
Swastica?
Star?

I did try out adding 2 Major VL's on top of each other and the game ran fine.(Thanks)
I do get some flickering on the map image when running the mouse cursor around but nothing serious.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:12 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Mafi! thankyou for all your effort in making these fantastic tools!

Nomada! What is the limit in the strat tool? you can make a stratmap with 44 maps or less...if someone updates it for WaR/Tld for 60 maps or less you will still have the same limit..right?

Mats

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:54 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):

Nomada! What is the limit in the strat tool? you can make a stratmap with 44 maps or less...if someone updates it for WaR/Tld for 60 maps or less you will still have the same limit..right?

Mats
Only 44 on strat tool and not less. Next there are limits with arrows, layers and more. For update the strat tool you would need the source code and the old data hidden on the CC5.exe should be similar to the new data on stratmap.txt and I´m sure that it has changed, not too but it has changed.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:43 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

ahh! you mean that there is no limit on stratarrows in TLD?? and about the layers..how can you change these with txt files???

im sorry but i cant see any difference from CC 5 except the number of maps and maybe as you say the number of arrows...(as i see how the connections is made in WaR i dont belive it!)i am sure of that a guy like mafi can do a tool for this or else there will be no mods for WaR/TLD.. except yours of course...

Mats

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:37 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
ahh! you mean that there is no limit on stratarrows in TLD?? and about the layers..how can you change these with txt files???

im sorry but i cant see any difference from CC 5 except the number of maps and maybe as you say the number of arrows...(as i see how the connections is made in WaR i dont belive it!)

I see that you have not used the CC5 old strat tool too. Rolling Eyes

I do not know how many is the limit of arrows on TLD/WAR, on old strat was 128, probably on WAR/TLD there are one limitation but I do not know it.

About the layers..........it is the easiest, perhaps when I release the guide if Neil does not do it before you understand it but if you understand what is a layer, coordinates and how you can work with all them on one psd file, you would understand about it. It is not too difficult.

Quote:
i am sure of that a guy like mafi can do a tool for this or else there will be no mods for WaR/TLD.. except yours of course...

I know that you are wrong, there are people working on his own mods but most of them are waiting to the CC2 release.

Of course you could contact Neil before and to discover how to make a new strategy map but you did not contact him. I do not see how you think to make a new complete WAR/TLD mod (even a conversion from a old CC5 mod) with this attitude, even if you have a complete tool, you will need work hard. Wink

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: