Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
Even if it is easy doing it manually using Neil's guide...I bet StratEdit and Mafi's upcoming new tool will be at least 10x easier  Laughing

Can be.

You have at 50% from to be equally difficult for you, we should remember your opinions about the workbook. One easy tool. Laughing

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:06 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
Even if it is easy doing it manually using Neil's guide...I bet StratEdit and Mafi's upcoming new tool will be at least 10x easier  Laughing

Can be.

You have at 50% from to be equally difficult for you, we should remember your opinions about the workbook. One easy tool. Laughing

My opinion about the workbook? It's a nice tool...but S3T forgot to put headers in the data txt files...so if you want to edit anything (small things) you have to consult the workbook...or even worse paste the txt into the workbook to edit them.  Qclone was better in this aspect....you can open any adb data and edit stuff right away (complete column headers headers and help quotes are available in Qclone columns). Qclone is much better for fast data editing...the workbook is great for the error checking feature though.
As for the workbook vs BGEdit for FPools editing...BGEdit is a much better tool.  It's a good thing that someone's also working on an MS Access tool for FPools editing.

Do also work with txt files and Excel working on your Star Wars Empire At War mods, Firefox?  Wink

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Can be.

My opinion about the workbook? It's a nice tool...but S3T forgot to put headers in the data txt files...so if you want to edit anything (small things) you have to consult the workbook...or even worse paste the txt into the workbook to edit them.  Qclone was better in this aspect....you can open any adb data and edit stuff right away (complete column headers headers and help quotes are available in Qclone columns). Qclone is much better for fast data editing...the workbook is great for the error checking feature though.
As for the workbook vs BGEdit for FPools editing...BGEdit is a much better tool.  It's a good thing that someone's also working on an MS Access tool for FPools editing.

If you edit some with qclone, can you calculate the amount of ammo? the answer is not, workbook is a book for to work, if you want make changes, better make them on it, if not you will have problems.
Quote:

Do also work with txt files and Excel working on your Star Wars Empire At War mods, Firefox?  Wink

On EAW there are not txt files, only xml files and I use one Dreamweaver, a old version from Macromedia, I have the last from Adobe but I use it only for web sites. On EAW never had one workbook and nobody explain us what they were the 610 xml files, absolutelly nothing, only long code files. Next for edit the models on game, I need 3Dmax, one very expensive tool.

If you could make a comparation telling us that edit EAW was easier.............you are very wrong because it is many more difficult than edit 11 txt files and you need buy tools.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:57 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

If you edit some with qclone, can you calculate the amount of ammo? the answer is not, workbook is a book for to work, if you want make changes, better make them on it, if not you will have problems.

Ammo count mistakes doesn't cause crashes Smile
Without proper column headers...if you want to change minor things in the txt files you need to consult the workbook...not very practical  Wink
If you open the txt file in Excel...then you'll need to also open the workbook to find out which column holds which data.

Of course...things might be better if S3T added header files to the data txt files  Idea

BTW, the workbook does not calculate anything for FPools data...because that was all done in BGEdit before  Wink

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:15 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

There are header files in the workbook

A quick copy and paste after editing and it's done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
There are header files in the workbook

A quick copy and paste after editing and it's done.

Like I said before...adb files with Qclone is much faster!

adb files and Qclone:
open adb in Qclone - edit - save adb

txt files and Excel:
open txt file - open workbook - copy txt - paste to workbook - edit workbook - save workbook (optional) - cut workbook - paste to txt - save txt file

Now if the txt files came with headers...you can do minor data editing much faster like the adb & Qclone method  Wink  Idea

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Faster can be for save but with qclone you did not edit many columns and you made errors.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

...Mafi is working on a user-friendly tool for StratMap editing...

Hi to all modders here,

the BTD-Editor 2009/StratMapTxt-Editor is now finalised,
current version v1.01,
intended for modding: BTD-files of CC:WaR/TLD and their file StratMap.txt
ZIP size: approx 7 MB
SourceCode included.
Download via http://www.ftf.claranet.de/

@Mooxe: I think this is a version worth to be put onto CCS.net server. The older versions are obsolete.

I have to thank all the authors of previous tools for modding BTD (TheBlood!, Mick xe5, Cpl_Filth) and the testers Buck_Compton, pfc_Michael and all the others!

Happy modding and good luck for all your projects!
Mafi

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:42 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your hard work and support, Mafi!
Well done!

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:00 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Very very good. Some days ago I used the BTD tool and it was fantastic but now with the strat tool it is many better. The next should be one import tool for CC5. Perhaps I will publish the complete manual guide soon, if you join the info that you can read on BTD/Strat tool with specially the main psd file that I have, you will understand better what you are editing.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

You are a funny guy Nomada... Surprised  For months you have defended the stupid txt files in WaR/Tld and now you have tested the BTD program and say its fantastic!! Shocked

What shall i say Question

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

I also applaud any improvements to the tool set for Close Combat.... hoooraaaagh!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
You are a funny guy Nomada... Surprised  For months you have defended the stupid txt files in WaR/Tld and now you have tested the BTD program and say its fantastic!! Shocked

What shall i say Question

You are a little short, I have not told absolutelly nothing from use or not use tools, I only have told that it can be made manually without too problems. Of course people short of mind probably can not make it. Rolling Eyes

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:01 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

Thanks again Mafi!!!

Any tool that makes things easier to edit is appreciated....

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:46 am Post subject: Re: Stratedit converted to TLD Reply with quote

"I´m sure that the best option for a good mod with a new strategy map on tld/war is making it manually. ST3 made it manually, it is the best proof by the moment."

"I have not told it but I think that if you can not make it manually, you will not find too easy the tool.  It would not strange when you find the workbook a bad tool."

"Really I do not understand the problem from mod the game with txt files, I always have thought bad things about adb files, they always were a problem because you needed one special and strange program if you want edit them. Next the Qclone copy and paste is not good for me if you compare with the system from Excell. Without these txt files, we would be waiting a new program for edit all them many months or years, I´m sure that you remember Close Combat Marines and Qclone problems. Qclone again? no sir, please the txt are perfect."

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:33 am Post subject: new update f BTD-Editor online v1.02 Reply with quote

Mafi wrote (View Post):
the BTD-Editor 2009/StratMapTxt-Editor is now finalised,
current version now v1.02,
intended for modding: BTD-files of CC:WaR/TLD and their file StratMap.txt
ZIP size: approx 7 MB
SourceCode included.
Download via http://www.ftf.claranet.de/

same link as above, new version v1.02 gives some listbox enhancements (vertical grid lines, column width resizing will be stored to Prefs file).

Cheers
Mafi

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: