Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Silverpen

Rep: 28.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:30 pm Post subject: Multiple Installs of Mods for CCI,CCIII, CCIV and CCV Reply with quote

Hello,

I have original game discs for for CCI CCIII CCIV and CCV. I have already installed about 5 mods for CCV and wish to install about a dozen more
for CCIII and CIV .I have a single C drive.My questions are:
Without adding any more Mods can I install more than one different CC game on C drive without screwing up the installed CCV game and mod presently installed on Config Manager? If not do I need to install the original game in C with a different title/file name or can I just install the game as I did with CCV?
Can I use the same Config Manger for say three different CC games or do I need a separate one for each different game?Will the config manager
pickup up that a  different game is involved?
If a separate Config Manager Folder is needed how do I differentiate the different Config folders?
Finally is there a limit to the number of Mods the Config Manager can hold?

I really appreciate your help.

Silverpen  Rolling Eyes

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:52 pm Post subject: Re: Multiple Installs of Mods for CCI,CCIII, CCIV and CCV Reply with quote

Silverpen, each version of CC has its own version of Config Manager. The Config Manager you have been using for CC5 cannot be used for any other version of CC. The other Config Managers are available in the download section. The only limit that I know of for mods is harddrive space.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Silverpen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:17 am Post subject: Re: Multiple Installs of Mods for CCI,CCIII, CCIV and CCV Reply with quote

Hello VVV.

Thanks for the reply. Ok I understand.A separate Config Manager for each version of CC; now how does one distinguish a different Config
Manager when linstalled in C? What title or name do I assign to it? Config Manager CCIII or V as the case may be? Or will the CC mod with its
own config manager have a unigue name that will enable me to identify it in C Drive.

SILVERPEN  Confused

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am Post subject: Re: Multiple Installs of Mods for CCI,CCIII, CCIV and CCV Reply with quote

If you want to install mutiple mods using the Config Manager (see screenshot)...you might need to use 1 separate Config Manager Install for each mod (just make different Config Manager folders).
If you switch in and out between mods...then 1 Config Manager is enough.

CC5 folder.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.51 KB
 Viewed:  2565 Time(s)

CC5 folder.jpg

Silverpen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:08 am Post subject: Re: Multiple Installs of Mods for CCI,CCIII, CCIV and CCV Reply with quote

Hi VVV.

Ok Got it!

Thank you very much.

Silverpen

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:52 am Post subject: Re: Multiple Installs of Mods for CCI,CCIII, CCIV and CCV Reply with quote

Any folder name works for the different versions of Config Manager. Its a user preference.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: