Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
kgb10101

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:38 pm Post subject: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

Hello.

I was cleaning up some old bins in the garage and came across my old Close Combat disc.  Scratched, unfortunately.  It revived my interest and I began my search and ended up here.  

Remebering those days when a rifle unit came under heavy MG fire and the group took casualties and panic ensued.  Except for one brave Sargeant who went beserk and charged the nest emptied his rifle killing the MG gunner then closed and fought the next guy hand to hand.

Or the day I had a town pretty well taken, or at least I thought I did when a Tiger rolled around the corner,  I got the first shot on him and disabled the track, but the dread of nowhere to run as the Tiger's gun began its turn to my position and my next shell bounced off the thick armor.

Funny how some little things like that stick with you.

Since this is the most recent release I am considering buying TLD but I was also looking at Modern Tactics.

So now I have to make a decision, which one to get?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Doramas

Rep: 52.5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:00 pm Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

get ccwar

kgb10101

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:50 pm Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

Doramas wrote (View Post):
get ccwar

Would you mind giving a few reasons why?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:18 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

CC5 still probably the all time most enjoyable version and most played online. Has the most mods to.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:44 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
CC5 still probably the all time most enjoyable version

What,  no night effects?

The night effects alone are worth the upgrade, IMHO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:33 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

WAR if you're into armour, tLD if Infantray fights are your thing

funky_ribar

Rep: 14.9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:34 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

get CC5...no mistake about it..also you can try CC5 mods like GJS, Bloody Omaha, Stalingrad series...huh so much good stuff Wink

Outstanding, Red Team, outstanding! Getcha a case of beer for that one

lemon42

Rep: 4.8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:35 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

Can't understand why you guys are promoting CC5 over CCTLD.
There's no support where CCTLD and WaR has support and they will look into the problems and have a better chance to fix anything then with CC5, which was fine until they reworked the CC5 engine for WaR and TLD.

I would choose if you're more for infantry or armour.

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:36 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

Yeah, the old CC5 has soooo many mods. Four stalingrad mods, the fantastic Gold Juno sword, battle of berlin..

kgb10101

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:52 pm Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

Ok I made the purchase - CCLTD.  Thank goodness for Fios Internet, had the game up, patched and running 20 minutes after purchase.

I played a few battles on the beaches, and played with force configurations to get familiar.  I am hooked.  It will take me a while to get up to speed.

Thanks for all the feedback.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

lemon42 wrote (View Post):
Can't understand why you guys are promoting CC5 over CCTLD.
There's no support where CCTLD and WaR has support and they will look into the problems and have a better chance to fix anything then with CC5, which was fine until they reworked the CC5 engine for WaR and TLD.

I would choose if you're more for infantry or armour.

I just enjoy CC5 more. Its full screen which is nice to view and theres so many mods, and more people willing to play it online. If I want to play a night battle I suppose I will play TLD, other than that all the graphical changes are just make up. I know they will take our bug reports and put them into thier queue, but it seems for everything new they have added, something else has broken and many bugs from CC5 seems to be showing up in TLD. 1/3 map deployment, muzzle flashes.. I mean just look at the list of fixes in the next patch, most of bugs are ones they created or planned to fix before the release had to be pushed out the door. Thats not support, thats a game released too early. The beta patch came out right after the game was released, I honestly feel like im beta testing. They dont have enough people beta testing multiplayer to catch even half of what they did. Many of the changes made were not needed, some changes cant be explained except for the fact to justify a rerelease. Too summarize TLD is just as buggy and CC5, the one new feature is fighting at night.

WAR is worthwhile upgrade just so you can choose who you want to bring into a battle.

Cross of Iron worthwhile for MMCC3.

CCMT is worthwhile since theres nothing else like and you can play 10player, good luck finding the other 9 though.

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
The beta patch came out right after the game was released, I honestly feel like im beta testing. .

errrr... if you downloaded and installed the BETA patch then what does that tell you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:59 pm Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):
The beta patch came out right after the game was released, I honestly feel like im beta testing. .

errrr... if you downloaded and installed the BETA patch then what does that tell you?

That's the beta patch for the released game you're talking about...unless you're now saying that the commercial CCTLD release was basically a beta version rushed out the door? Smile
Most games go through rigorous pre-release public beta testing...after thorough internal testing  Wink

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:08 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

I just enjoy CC5 more. Its full screen which is nice to view

Okay...here I go again  Wink
I just don't understand why the interface screens were locked in the tiny window the first place.
I think enough people have complained about this in the forums...is it that hard to return the setting to full screen or allow gamers to decide?
800x600 in a tiny box with black borders is a waste of screen space!  
I play CC5 at 1680x1050 and the full screen CC5 interface does not look grainy or blurry at all.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:19 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
schrecken wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

That's the beta patch for the released game you're talking about...unless you're now saying that the commercial CCTLD release was basically a beta version rushed out the door? Smile
Most games go through rigorous pre-release public beta testing...after thorough internal testing  Wink

Exactly. This is the case. So soon after WAR with a patch on the heels of release, it seems obvious. The list of patch fixes was stuff still needed to be done in the dev phase. Anyways, I am atill enjoying it none the less. Looking forward to seeing KGB initial impressions.

Bluetiger80

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:34 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

Why not just get them all, play them all, and enjoy the brilliance that is cc in its many forms!

lemon42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:00 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

While it would be great to have error free releases I can't see any of them.
Every piece of software is updated today after release.
Commercial software, games, even mods have updates and the difference is that some developer/publisher don't tell what they will fix and others like the developers of mods as well as the guys behind the recent CC re releases are communicating with the players and try to fix what is possible.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:49 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

Too bad we can't pay for unfinished games with unfinished money Very Happy .

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

lemon42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:54 am Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

Therion wrote (View Post):
Too bad we can't pay for unfinished games with unfinished money Very Happy .

Very Happy

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:59 pm Post subject: Re: Where to begin -- again Reply with quote

It's called "Credit"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: