Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
bkp_mik

Rep: 3.6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:39 pm Post subject: damaged tanks in GC Reply with quote

got few questions on damaged tanks in GC.

1. According to the manual 40% of damaged tanks have a chance to be repaired ("40% of tanks can be made functional"). does it mean all 40% will be repaired or there is only a chance for them to be repaired?
if i got 10 tanks damaged its clear 4 tanks can be repaired. if 5 damaged - 2 can be. but what if i got 1,2,3 tanks damaged? its most probable in gc its such a small amount damaged rather than 5.
if 1 is damaged does it mean its 4 to 10 a chance for it to be repaired? what if 2 are? is it one stays and another is gone?

2. Now about crews. Are they counted as infantry or no?
If they were, if i lost more than 60% of the crew, would i lose the tank? or would i get a new crew for the "old" tank?
if they are not "infantry" - well, what are they then? lets say i got 3 men of 4 killed in a tank but the tank is not "damaged", which happens sometimes. what then?

hmmm. quite a lot of them Smile but i'd be pleased with help with it.
thanks all

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:17 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

ova the years i notice that if more than half the crew r dead.
u will not get the tank back again,regardless of damage.
same with infantry teams
if less than half u r a good chance of being able to use the team again in next battle.
but u will click them off screen and reclick on so that do not have any more injured men
and dont carry over damage to the next game

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some things in GC vehicles or equipment dommage who can affect your repair status...

1° If you are out of supply, all your dommaged equipment in more than 40% of dommage will get 25% to come back repaired ( but crew are putting in sort of reserve crew if your equipment dont come back repaired)

2° if you are in supply all your dommaged equipment more than 40% of dommage will got 60% of chance to comeback repaired.. but all depend the quantity of piece and crew to repaire it, sometime you can get a tank with 3 crew killed and the tank will no reappear repaired cos the crew reserv is empty..

3° Any opponent captured equipment will go to grow your reserve of piece to repair your own equipment.. ( a sherman captured will means one Pz will be got piece to be repaired ... same for gun and any equipment...

4° When a equipment is abandoned , u must keep the area where it was abandoned to see it back the next battle, if opponent get the area wher your equipment was abandoned, it will be captured and will go in reserv of piece of your opponent ..

i saw all this while i played since some years now CCV .... But sometimes some strange things is showing like during a game i destroy 2 enemy tank, and when the battle is finished, i see in the report of the battle only 1 tank destoyed reported .... Sometime that made me :eek2

Hope it will help you my :love1

:bye

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

if a tank is damaged, it has % to come back. 40% probably, as you say. eg, main gun lost, immob or what have we.

if u loose crew, eg 4 out of 5, 3 out of 4 etc you will loose both tank and crew, afaik

:hurt8

Ceci tuera cela

ActionJacksonDX

Rep: 15.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1° If you are out of supply, all your dommaged equipment in more than 40% of dommage will get 25% to come back repaired ( but crew are putting in sort of reserve crew if your equipment dont come back repaired)

not quite true. if you are out of supply, none of your vehicles will get scrapped, no matter what the damage or crew losses might be. on the other hand, no damage will get repaired - a lost main gun is still disfunctional next battle. this can be avoided by putting the tank back to the forcepool and then back to the unit roster again. the lost crewmen can be replaced by putting an other tank from the roster back into the forcepool.
this behavior of the game is an annoying logical bug that extends to infantry units too. normally, any inf team that loses 60% of its member will be lost. this is not the case for bgs that are out of supply.

Quote:
2° if you are in supply all your dommaged equipment more than 40% of dommage will got 60% of chance to comeback repaired.. but all depend the quantity of piece and crew to repaire it, sometime you can get a tank with 3 crew killed and the tank will no reappear repaired cos the crew reserv is empty..

there is no such thing as a depletable crew reserve. units in supply get their members replaced, units out of supply don't.
the type of damage on a given unit seems to indeed affect chances of survival for the unit. an immoed tank seems to be scrapped less often than one that loses its main gun for example.

Quote:
3° Any opponent captured equipment will go to grow your reserve of piece to repair your own equipment.. ( a sherman captured will means one Pz will be got piece to be repaired ... same for gun and any equipment...

not true. captured equipment just disappears.

Quote:
4° When a equipment is abandoned , u must keep the area where it was abandoned to see it back the next battle, if opponent get the area wher your equipment was abandoned, it will be captured and will go in reserv of piece of your opponent ..

not true. abandoned tanks and guns are lost.

Quote:
i saw all this while i played since some years now CCV .... But sometimes some strange things is showing like during a game i destroy 2 enemy tank, and when the battle is finished, i see in the report of the battle only 1 tank destoyed reported .... Sometime that made me outcha

the loss reports on vehicles are not to be trusted. they tend to be wrong for several reasons - tank crews getting killed or abandoning the tank, area fire kills, etc.
the strat screen displays every damage on a tank as a kill. so this counts immobilized tank as well as a any completely blown tanks.

the 60% lost-rule applies to tanks and guns well to vehicles - with expections. sometimes tanks stay alive even with 60% of its crew gone. this seems to happen more often with increasing experience of the crew. i consider this a feature, not a bug. Smile

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Like u can see i must be in the fog ...

Thx for your reply master AJ

:jumpfire

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_ActionJackson wrote:
not quite true. if you are out of supply, none of your vehicles will get scrapped, no matter what the damage or crew losses might be.

a team with one man remaining after battle w/o supplies will actually get scrapped too. eg schreck out of supply loses 2 guys - its scrapped. i think the same applies for a tank with 1 crew member left - tank's scrapped!

AT_ActionJackson wrote:
the loss reports on vehicles are not to be trusted. they tend to be wrong for several reasons - tank crews getting killed or abandoning the tank, area fire kills, etc.

tanks are not reported as killed if it does not blow up - same for guns.

cheers

Ceci tuera cela

ActionJacksonDX

Rep: 15.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a team with one man remaining after battle w/o supplies will actually get scrapped too. eg schreck out of supply loses 2 guys - its scrapped. i think the same applies for a tank with 1 crew member left - tank's scrapped!

I've seen one-man-teams survive, im 100% positive on that. maybe its sometimes this way, sometimes that, we need to be observant.
Quote:
tanks are not reported as killed if it does not blow up - same for guns.

so will blowing the tank up manually yield that kill? would be interesting since the kills affect the experience gain of the soldier.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

As AJ said I too have seen these teams saved. However when you deselect them and put them back into the forcepool, thats when they may dissapear I believe, or the remaining men go into a team of the same nature to make up for its lost members.

The manual is really not clear on this, and it becomes more cloudy when mods are introduced. I hope someone can test this kinda stuff and do a nice and accurate write up of it.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

AT_ActionJackson wrote:
I've seen one-man-teams survive, im 100% positive on that. maybe its sometimes this way, sometimes that, we need to be observant.

i have been looking lately, esp a bg w/o fuel in ouistreham. not a single mg has survived where only 1 man remained after battle

AT_ActionJackson wrote:
so will blowing the tank up manually yield that kill? would be interesting since the kills affect the experience gain of the soldier.

blowing tank up manually?

Ceci tuera cela

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: