Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: Mod Wish List.......... Reply with quote

I was thinking more of keeping it BoB
Simple stuff to make it more enjoyable and hopefully an AI thats hard but maybe not quite
TT Vetmod hard.
I still need to figure out a good background shade for the Axis but I think I like the Allied background.
And it's still decient Troop images that seem to be the hardest for me to find.
I love the clarity of the zook team.Ignore the text on the Vehicles.That will be removed.

UO0098.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.75 KB
 Viewed:  3208 Time(s)

UO0098.jpg

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:14 pm Post subject: Re: Mod Wish List.......... Reply with quote

You're not going to crop the figures/vehicles and paste them into a clear background (like the stock artwork or VetBoB), PM?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:59 pm Post subject: Re: Mod Wish List.......... Reply with quote

I was thinking of cropping them yes.It just seems to show the Vehicle better at 80X60 pixels rather than than trying to view the entire Vehicle.
Besides I'm 43 and wear glasses now,Needless to say I see the larger images much better Smile
As for a background I havent decided.I did color the back ground for the M8 but the others I havent done.
The background for the Sdkfz 234-3 I like.(previous post) As with a few others.
I'm trying to come up with a good scenery background to use rather than just a solid color and the Winter background provides a great deal of contrast between the Vehicles and the dark Battlegroup screen (I see the jpeg here doesnt do any justice)

Resizing the Infantry sucks, they havent looked good to me at all.Please feel free to try out the 101st jpeg

UO0099.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.46 KB
 Viewed:  3194 Time(s)

UO0099.jpg

101st.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  76.97 KB
 Viewed:  3194 Time(s)

101st.jpg

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:24 am Post subject: Re: Mod Wish List.......... Reply with quote

Based on that 101st model kit box artwork you posted...my preference would be something like this:
BTW, those AB boys are wearing M43 uniforms (green/olive drab)...not Khaki M42 jumpsuits from Normandy :wink

battlegroupscreen_sample.jpg
 Description:
sample work
 Filesize:  178.25 KB
 Viewed:  3187 Time(s)

battlegroupscreen_sample.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:27 am Post subject: Re: Mod Wish List.......... Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
BTW, those AB boys are wearing M43 uniforms (green/olive drab)...not Khaki M42 jumpsuits from Normandy :wink

We all have our pet peeves don’t we? Smile
Any chance you saved that in a .psd format?
Either way I like what you did and wouldn’t mind using that.Can you send it to me?
The yellow outline and the horrid CIV background have to go though.
          (Another one of my pet peeves)
I have a few different ideas on the highlighted Icons but need to try it out and see how it looks ingame.
I was afraid I would have to cut out each soldier and resize em to get it to look right. Is that how you did it?  
It looks like you were able to keep a lot more clarity than I was though.

So what about the Vehicles? You didn’t say whether you liked em cropped or full size. I think cropped would also help in terms of scale in relation to the soldiers.
It's still possible some images may get reused again but hopefully not as many as WAR currently has. Theres 196 slots available to use but im sure they will fill up qiuckly.

I know some people don't like the box art concept but it does help keep the game.....well looking like a game rather than realistic photos.

btw
Thank-You for the help.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:43 pm Post subject: Re: Mod Wish List.......... Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
squadleader_id wrote (View Post):

We all have our pet peeves don’t we? Smile

These little details are what makes the CC wargame unique.
If you can model historical AFVs, units, weapons, maps based on period aerials etc...what's so hard about doing some research for historically correct uniforms  Wink

Quote:

Any chance you saved that in a .psd format?
Either way I like what you did and wouldn’t mind using that.Can you send it to me?
The yellow outline and the horrid CIV background have to go though.
          (Another one of my pet peeves)
I have a few different ideas on the highlighted Icons but need to try it out and see how it looks ingame.
I was afraid I would have to cut out each soldier and resize em to get it to look right. Is that how you did it?  
It looks like you were able to keep a lot more clarity than I was though.

Sure...check your PM box...I'll send the file to ya ASAP.
Yup...cutting each soldier is the way to go...coloring in the background just won't do.
As for clarity...you need to experiment with various image settings and sharpen filters.
Because the CC gadgets are so small...they're almost like pixel-art...sometimes you have to use dodge/burn tool and various brushes.

Quote:

So what about the Vehicles? You didn’t say whether you liked em cropped or full size. I think cropped would also help in terms of scale in relation to the soldiers.
It's still possible some images may get reused again but hopefully not as many as WAR currently has. Theres 196 slots available to use but im sure they will fill up qiuckly.

I know some people don't like the box art concept but it does help keep the game.....well looking like a game rather than realistic photos.

btw
Thank-You for the help.

For vehicles...my preference is cropped (and pasted to a new basic background).
Check out my mod's screenshot gallery if you want to see what I did with vehicles.

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:08 am Post subject: Re: Mod Wish List.......... Reply with quote

1. It would be nice to see more Kar43's being used, everybody has Kar98k's.  :(

2. Create a vetmod for stock Wacht am Rhein.

3. New voice files.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: