Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
wallach79

Rep: 29.5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:53 pm Post subject: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

Hi everyone ! Here is my latest trouble. It was easy to modify older versions such as CC 4 or 5 but the new Wacht am Rhein is more difficult to change as the TXT files can not be modified with QClone. Thus it is more difficult to trace information on page and errors may occur more easily. Another problem: W.a.R. Data Workbook has not Teams.txt and Vehicles.txt files. I miss the old adb files from CC 5 ! Do you have ideas how it could be easier ?

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:51 pm Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

WAR is a whole lot more easy. The txt files can be directly imported into excel, you do not need qclone to decode them.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:53 am Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

Too bad the txt files do not contain column header files for minor modding.
You don't need the workbook for minor modding.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:20 am Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

You need to scroll through the tabs on the bottom and you'll find the Vehicles,Axs.Teams and Als.Teams files.I'm surprised you didnt see that.
You can have a look at this to see it if helps any but I changed the Allied teams file before I started adding the Icons So you dont want to use that page.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/platoon_michael/WAR%20Files/Wacht%20am%20Rhein%20Graphic%20List.zip

You can view it here if you want before downloading it.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7509

Once the next patch is released I'll fix it to be correct with the game.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:40 am Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

All the information is in the workbook

Headers, error checking everything and more than the venerable quibble and qclone offered.

just take your time and look carefully
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:38 am Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

Like I said before...you don't need the workbook for minor editing like say teams.txt "style", "icon", "morale", "experience" etc...
The workbook doesn't provide any error checking or formulas for a lot of the data anyway.
QClone is way more innovative and user friendly for minor editing of the stock games or customizing finished mods.
The Workbook is a great tool...but more suited for bigger mods or full-blown total conversion mods.

With the current txt files...you need to paste them into the workbook just to do some minor editing (then paste them back to txt to test out the modding results)...or at least you'll have to consult the workbook for reference on the column headers  Rolling Eyes
How about more user-friendy txt files with column headers for the next patch?  Idea

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:13 am Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

The game was never built with header files... it won't work with headers without a fair amount of re-coding.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:24 am Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

Okay...for the next build then?
Maybe something like 'notes/comment lines' in Uniforms.txt or Campaign.txt?

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

Column comments will not work as headers.  However, you can add them as footers at the bottom of each file after a line break.  The games only load the number of lines specified by the line count number at the start of the file, everything after that is ignored.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

Very nice tip, Drill!
I'm gonna give it a try...thanks a lot!  Very Happy

wallach79

Rep: 29.5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:30 am Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

Thanks to all who responded to me. When so many people answered the same thing I think must have understood something. I never used txt files with excel but it is very simple indeed. I did not click to the left on the bottom so I missed some pages from the Workbook but I've found them finally. I downloaded platoon_michael's workbook and it's very good. Platoon_michael, you have my respect for that. I wish you all a good day (or night...) ! Wink

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:01 am Post subject: Re: Working with TXT files... Reply with quote

It was the onle way I could understand how the workbook well........works.
Just way too many #'s for me otherwise.

But like I said becarefull about the Allied Teams page.I changed the Icons so the the Vet Tanks and Half-Tracks use new Icons,you can however just copy/paste Column 10 (Icon) from the original Allied Teams page from the original workbook.Thats the only thing I changed.

I couldnt do the Uniform Style page as I just dont understand it.

Edit:
On the broken down pages for the Battle groups I also added 5 extra rows,WAR currently uses only 20 slots.It's rumored this will be expanded to 25 just like tLD once the next patch is released.
so if your gonna change that you need to use only 20 slots.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: