Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
CSO_Sbufkle

Rep: 32.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:02 pm Post subject: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

Old CSO private forums:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/56667/page-14

You see on this pafge where Sulla announces 'new' closecombat.org URL.

Hell.. I won maybe 10 games ever of CC H2H and one is noted here! lol!

Yep.. long time and many burned bridges ago...

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

It still is

I play every day, not like a lot of other whiners and moaners.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:40 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

When you pay $50 for something that still has bugs and hasent been fixed for over a year,One has more than enough right to say what they feel about it.

Been 10 days at the Matrix forums already and no response from the higher-ups from there.
So it looks like your advice of posting issues with ones purchase be made over does just as much good as posting them here.

It's been pointed out to me that I am either a whiner or an idiot for making my remarks,but I dont give a shit about ones opinion of me (never had)

I know what I paid for,and I know what I got.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

yeh... my kids play glitchy XBox games... drives me and them mad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:18 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

Sorry Bro

If you have XBOX LIVE As soon as you put an XBOX game in it automatically updates it.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

So that makes it ok?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

Wht don't you return them to store, then? It's quite idiotic that games have glitches even on consoles.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Therion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

*Why

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

Quote:

If you have XBOX LIVE As soon as you put an XBOX game in it automatically updates it.

yeh, with more glitchy patches.

Quote:
So that makes it ok?

Who said that?

But it is a fact that every piece of software I have has glitches including and most spectacularly the OS.

Quote:
Wht don't you return them to store, then? It's quite idiotic that games have glitches even on consoles.

Because , unlike some, I accept that the software industry is much like prayer rug manufacture........ only Allah is perfect.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

Just off to play some more .... hope to have a H2H meuse turn this afternoon as well.

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:51 am Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

Tosses another dead horse on the pile.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

Just off to play some more .... hope to have a H2H meuse turn this afternoon as well.

I hear ya

Off to play Company of Heros myself

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

I hear ya

Off to play Company of Heros myself

I finished that on hard, nice game.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:53 am Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

It's not too bad,im still trying to get used to it.
Im know where near ready for hard yet.
Graphics are nice and the game plays smooth

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:54 am Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

I tried the demo for Men of War,I might get that one too.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:09 am Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

I can't stand the arcadish CoH gameplay...very nice graphics but too zoomed in and not enough zoom out options for my liking though).
I'm a fan of Dawn of War...so playing CoH always feels like playing DoW with a hasty WW2 skin slapped on Wink
Base building and resource gathering is just out of place in a tactical level WW2 game.
Men of War is less arcadish...also nice graphics and better zoom out options.
Both can't beat CC though Wink

Therion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: When It Was Only A Game Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
I'm a fan of Dawn of War...so playing CoH always feels like playing DoW with a hasty WW2 skin slapped on Wink

A Blood Raven Strike Cruiser Panopticum was following a Strike Cruiser of Gore Trouts piratical renegade Space Marines for a few weeks and now they caught up-with them over a destroyed Imperial planet named Exelarius. The red armoured Gore Trouts were building the construction base in the destroyed city. The company of Blood Ravens Captain Revin was given a honor of defeating them in a ground combat.

Captain Revin was in his command room, sitting before an ancient Command Machine. He turned it on and cliced the command program icon. After an uplifting mandatory propaganda movie showing a brave sergeant sacrificing his life fighting against Xeno scum, Captain Revin had three minutes for a prayer. He performed a ritual for initiating connection to battlefield and again prayed for another three minutes until the ancient machine listened to his prayers and displayed the location of his base.
It was located in a cleared part of a ruined Imperial city. There were two roads, one leading south and one leading east. It was surrounded by rubble and devastated ruins that once were mighty Imperial buildings.

Captain Revin ordered the only inhabitant of the base - a Servitor to build Chapel-Barracks for his Space Marines and then connected to a stronghold and ordered a squad of Space Marine scouts and an infiltration ability for them.
He felt his ship shudder when it launched two drop pods and a moment later a big drop pod impacts the earth north of the Stronghold. It activates its drill and starts burrowing itself into ground making some digging noise. When it finishes, the servitor began assembling the building from it.
The smaller drop pod lands on the Stronghold and is lifted down into the building. Two scouts emerged from it and Captain Revin orders them to summon reinforcements. They activated their teleport beacons and soon, two other scouts were teleported from the ship.
He communicated with them and ordered them to capture a Requisition Point gathering device located east of the base. They planted a Blood Raven banner in it and knelt and started muttering ancient prayers, while the arcane device was lifting the banner.

Then he connected to the Chapel-Barracks and ordered a squad of Space Marines. He feels the ship shudder again as another drop pod is launched...

Soon, it lands on the Chapel's landing pad and soon, four Space Marines emerge from the building.
Captain Revin connected to the Chapel-Barracks again and ordered two more squads.

Then he ordered reinforcements for the new squad. He realised that they don't have an officer nor heavy weapons and that he needs to build an Armoury to be able to buy them for the requisition points gathered by the ancient artifacts of Adeptum Mechanicum or maybe even the more ancient Eldar or maybe even the forbidden Necron and power generated by the mighty Plasma Reactors of Adeptus Astartes.

He orders the Servitor to build the Armoury but he didn't have enough of arcane and powerful Requisition Points that allow to transport giant weight of buildings and units from the mighty spacecraft that hovers one the orbit of the ruined Exelarius.
He wonders if the red armoured Gore Trouts were responsible for the slaughter of inhabitants of the ruined Exelarius or if the destruction was caused by the even older ancient threat of the forbidden Necron.
Maybe the ancient machines had a more treacherous and dark purpose incomprehensible to a mind of a sane mind?
He realised that he needs to capture more of the bizarre ancient devices of unknown origin located at Strategic Points. He ordered his Space Marine squad to do so.

Suddenly, he hears a sudden gunfire and someone someone screaming "Charge!" and realised that the enemy was attacking his troops!

A squad of 4 scout marines rapid-fires their bolters at his marines with hideous accuracy. Unstoppable bursts of diamentine-tipped Bolter shells were punch through armour of one of his soldiers and detonate inside, slowly hurting him.
The 5 Space Marines fire back, concentrating on a single scout, merciless streams of mass-reactive bolter shells penetrating his carapace armour and exploding inside his body.
After tens of such hits his body finally gives up and he dies, then this process was repeated three more times until all the enemies were killed, while three more Space Marines teleported in.

One of the brothers was wounded, his health scanner bar half-empty but slowly refilling due to his super-human regeneration abilities that allowed him to heal a bit faster than normal men.

"So, the enemy has found his base..." - thought captain Revin. Now he must find their base and retaliate!

He communicates with scouts and orders them to use their Infiltration ability. They become half-transparent and then he sent them to find the enemy base.
Captain Revin knew that he needs to attack his enemy with a powerful army, so he ordered reinforcements for his another Space Marine squad. He didn't have enough of the potent requisition points to order them for the last Space Marine squad.
He scrolls display to the servitor to check if the armoury is ready. Then he realises that he couldn't start building it because of lack of the holy requisition points.
Suddenly, he hears a war cry. He scrolled the display to see what's happening.
Four red armoured Gore Trout space marines attacked his complete squad. Again, combat was short and brutal - his brave Blood Ravens were pouring bolter shells into the red armoured Gore Trouts renegades.
They quickly fell to concentrated withering bolter fire. One by one, their superhuman bodies were defeated by tens of reactive bolter shells detonating within each of them, even their superhuman bodies unable to withstand the terrible fire-power of Bolters for long.
Twenty seconds later the last enemy broke and ran away and proud Blood Ravens were victorious, only two of them lightly wounded.
Suddenly, the disgraced enemy Space Marine returned, screaming "Space Marines, attack!". He died, brutally drilled with tens of high explosive diamentine-tipped Bolter shells.
Captain Revin realised that he needs to gather more of the mysterious Requisition Points gathered by the ancient devices, maybe even left there by the forgotten Old Ones or built by the mechanically-minded Squt as soon as possible.
He ordered the victorious Space Marine squad to capture another ancient Requisition Point generator whose working remains mysterious and unknown even to the wisest Magos of Adeptum Mechanicum and assigned the other full squad to cover them.
He orders reinforcements for his third squad and communicates with the servitor, ordering it to build an Armoury west of the HQ.
As soon as he enters the order he fee;s another drop pod being launched. Giant vehicle punched through atmosphere with tremendous speed, instantly arriving to its destination, impacting the ground, only it's mystical and powerful mechanism saving it from being smashed against the concrete surface.
Meanwhile, the scouts reported that they have found the enemy base south-east from his own.
He scrolls his display to that place and sees a big street crossing free from rubble and wreckage that litters the rest of the devastated once-proud city. The enemy base was composed of a Stronghold, Barracks and Armoury and two listening post. The only moving thing that he saw was an enemy servitor.
Captain Revin thanked the Emperor for his luck. The red armoured Gore Trouts probably deployed at the same time as his force and wasted some resources at suicide attacks.
He orders all three Space Marine squads to move to the enemy base. One squad goes east and two squads go south. Now he saw that it was more than just a heresy - the enemy was stupid, all their actions were showing their blatant stupidity. The red armoured Gore Trouts were fools to turn against Divine God Emperor but it was good. The Imperium deosn't need incompetent, unfaithful idiots. They will be rooted out!

Captain Revin ordered a flamer and heavy bolter for one of the marine squads and a heavy bolter for another one. Then he ran out of power.

He decided to build a power plant.
Suddenly, he saw a lot of red dots on map near the squad that went east. He scrolls his display and discovers that his squad is attacked by enemy scouts. He orders it to stop and kill them. Again, the foul renegades had no chances. Whole squad pours diamentine-tipped mass-reactive bolter shells into them, brutally diminishing their life. The scouts fought bravely, and clinging to their worthless treacherous existence, but one of the marines deploys his heavy bolter and adds it to the already lethal hail of mass-reactive high explosive bolter shells and the remaining three die quickly, their bodies brutally penetrated and torn apart by supreme fire-power of Adeptus Astartes bolters.
Captain Revin thought about ordering the victorious Space Marine squad to move to the enemy base and scrolled his display to his own base and ordered the servitor to build a power plant.

Suddenly, he sees more red dots, this time inside the enemy base!

He scrolled the display and saw that one of his squads was attacked by four enemy assault marines.
They were attacking his marines with roaring chainsaws.
Second marine squad was too busy firing at enemy listening post to see what's happening. He orders them to help their brothers but they don't respond.

"Attack, you treacherous idiots!" - he screams. Suddenly he hears a confirmation said with a dull voice of the servitor.

He realised that he forgot to switch his comm-link to the Space Marine squad. He selected the squad and ordered them to help their brothers, but not before two marines were slowly cut to pieces by the red armored Gore Trouts.
The collective fire-power of two squads turned the tide of battle. The assault marines started dying, their armour penetrated in too many places and their flesh too pulverized by the violent internal explosions of tens of diamantine-tipped mass-reactive bolter shells to stay live.
Captain Revin called reinforcements for the weakened squad and sworn to punish the incompetent fools (including himself) after the battle.
The reinforcements teleported in just before the last enemy died, his armour full of holes, liquid flesh flowing out of it, before it sunk into ground.

The situation was under control again. A few Space Marines were severely wounded but they already started regenerating with inhuman speed, their superhuman vitality healing their wounds.

Two triumphant Blood Raven squads returned to firing at buildings and captain Revin recalled the servitor to base. Then he notices that the Marines are being fired upon by two enemy scouts. He ordered them to fight back. Two scouts last only several seconds before giving up, violently raped by withering streams of mass-reactive high-explosive Bolter shells fired from barrels of fifteen Bolters and a Heavy Bolter.

The victorious Space Marines started firing at the enemy Armoury, punishing it cruelly with a torrent of diamantine-tipped Bolter shells. It was half-destroyed, when captain Revin suddenly remembered about the third squad. He scrolled his display to it and bound their comm-channel to rune "3" on his command machine and ordered it to go to the enemy base.

They encounter an enemy servitor under way and fire at it, wounding it with flamer and twelve diamantine-tipped mass-reactive high-explosive bolter shells, but it gets away. They continued their march to the enemy base.

Meanwhile, two other squads managed to destroy the enemy Armoury. The building collapses in flames. Captain Revin ordered them to attack the damaged Listening Post. Third squad arrived just in time to see a drop pod landing on enemy Stronghold.
Blood Raven Space Marines managed to destroy the Listening Post before two red armoured Gore Trout scouts emerged from a building.
The foolish renegades opened fire and then were quickly silenced by two Heavy Bolters and twenty one Bolters. This time their death wasn't a prolonged erosion of life, but a quick, sudden demise caused by a few mighty salvoes of mass reactive bolter shells.

The invincible Blood Raven Space Marines started firing at enemy Stronghold while another drop pod was landing on it.
Again, the scouts emerge, only to be pulverised by six successive withering salvoes of mass-reactive high-explosive Bolter shells.

Blood Ravens returned to demolishing the Stronghold, Bolter shell impacts sparking upon it's surface, small lightnings arcing from severed power cables. The heart of enemy base slowly dying, blasted apart by massive cannonade.
Another drop pod landed on the smoking hulk, two scouts emerging in vain attempt to save their base only to die, unable to withstand the unstoppable violent torrent of a hundred mini-rockets hitting them and exploding inside.

The loyalist Space Marines returned to blasting the Stronghold apart. After about ten seconds, the tormented metal wreckage gave up and disappeared in a fiery explosion.
Triumphant Blood Ravens turned their Bolters against the enemy Armoury. After a minute of constant fire, it started to give up, exhaling smoke from beneath it's tormented armoured metal plates.
Finally, it exploded with fire, small lightings and flying sheets of metal.

Brother Revin was victorious, the enemy was no more. Trading routes were save from the red armored Gore Trouts pirates. Brother Revin thought about the unavoidable punishment for losing two marines in a stupid way and groaned.
He turned off the Command Machine and went to a punishment chamber. The sooner it will start, the sooner it will end...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: