Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
awannabeee

Rep: 4.7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:51 pm Post subject: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

Hello All;
THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT SERVE. YOUR SACRIFICE CAN NEVER BE ADEQUATELY REPAID.

I Have started CCM and the mission OPORD are beyond my understanding as far as acronyms and some discription. So i was wondering if there was a manual with the terms defined that someone could direct me to?
  I am also curious to know if haveing a copy of CCM is contriband or are civilians go to go if they have a copy?
                       thanks for any help george!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:22 pm Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

CCM 3 was freely distributed to the public.

If you are caught with any later versions you will probably be paying a visit to Guantanamo Bay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

Have you tried googling for the manual?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17 pm Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

awannabeee wrote (View Post):
Hello All;
THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT SERVE. YOUR SACRIFICE CAN NEVER BE ADEQUATELY REPAID.

I Have started CCM and the mission OPORD are beyond my understanding as far as acronyms and some discription. So i was wondering if there was a manual with the terms defined that someone could direct me to?
  I am also curious to know if haveing a copy of CCM is contriband or are civilians go to go if they have a copy?
                       thanks for any help george!

Welcome to the site George. First of all, the mission orders are really not applicable to the game in your setting, that is unless you are training while playing this game. Each engagement can be ended by killing all the enemy troops, you are not bound by the mission. Nor does doing anything in the mission count for anything within the game. If you kill everyone, you win. If you follow the mission orders then it will be quite borring.

If you can't find the manual just post the Acronyms and words here, we'll sort it out for you.

The game is copyrighted and intended for US Military personnel only. I highly doubt the game calls the mothership to let anyone know you have it. There is an almost 0% chance that anything will come out of it. If you do not live in the USA then the chances increase in your favour. Its just software, theres no security classification to it. I imagine the US Military has bigger fish to fry in the world. Have fun!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

CCM v3.1 was distrubuted through a disc included in one edition of The Marine Corps Gazette.  The disc install adds a Training Documentation folder with the relevent USMC manuals, which would answer your questions.  If your copy of CCM v3.1 does not have a filled Training Documentation folder, then you don't have the disc, or a true copy of the disc.

So sad for you.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

Ejergard

Rep: 8.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:07 am Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

OPORD means operations order.

awannabeee

Rep: 4.7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:06 am Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

Hello All;
thanks for all the feed back. i think i will do some fun and i did find the files Senior_Drill mentioned.

oh by the way i am currently getting in touch withe the public relations department to get the skinny on obtaining the CC Marines games.
i will keep everyone in touch through a new topic.

KEEP YOUR HEADS DOWN AND YOUR POWDER DRY!

george!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:30 am Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

Nice

Sure would be good if became publicly available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:45 am Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

CCM3 is way too buggy and a total pig to mod with so much hard coded in the exe. The only one small advantage it has over ccmt is that AI will mount vehicles. I live in hope that a patch may just fix that and even if it didnt I wouldnt go back to CCM3.

nichols

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:54 am Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

Go to this link to download the Workbook:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23232426/Close-Combat-Marine-Workbook-TRAINING-AID-for-MCI-8104

The Terminology can be found in Appendix B on page 87.

nichols

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: Mission Terminology Reply with quote

Looks like a new CCM Work Book is going to be made.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Marines, RAF Regt & Anti Terrorism

Jump to: