Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Iron45

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:18 pm Post subject: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

Hi

I've been trying to connect with others for TLD games with mixed results.

One successful connection over Hamachi

Two unsuccessful attempts using Hamachi

Three unsuccessful attempts using direct IP connection one with Hamachi enabled and running, one with Hamachi shut down but the Internet connection still enabled and one with Hamachi internet connection disabled.

I can't understand why I can connect with the first one and not others.  Do the operating systems have to be the same?  I run XP.  I can't see why but then I'm not an internet expert.  Do the games on both the host and client computers have to have the same update to connect?  I would have thought in that case they would connect but might crash when the game started.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.  I know it is frustrating for a number of other people as well as myself.  Thanks for your time.

ogrando

Rep: 51.1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

1) The game version must are the same for host and client
2) TLD could have problem with Hamachi. I cant connect to host using Hamachi too. So you first find a opponent on Hamachi rooms, verify that you and your oponent have the same version, then close Hamachi and Hamachi network (for this see here)
3) If your provider dont give you a public IP (like some UMTS/HSDPA, WiFi, FastWeb,... connections), you can only join to a game, but don't host a game.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

If both people are using Hamachi to connect, but cannot establish a connection, then its your firewall.

All connection problems (99%) with Close Combat always boil down to firewall.

Your ports have to be open, if they are not, then you will not be able to connect.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=101#6

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:25 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

Ports etc for WaR and tLD

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945059
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

AtlasRedux

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:47 am Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

1. Remember to have your Hamachi as the primary network to use in Windows ( ALL Windows versions ).
2. Bridge your modem ( if you are unable to bridge due to crappy ISP, then open ports or tunnel it ).
3. Of course, as mentioned earlier, turn off your firewall.
4. Same version don't matter, stop saying that. You will still get a connection, but you just can't play Wink TLD will tell you to get the same version, so that's not connection related.

Most problems I've had is when people don't bridge their modems or routers.
If you are not allowed by your ISP to do so, you really should switch ISP, only the most crappy ISP's and moneyhungry ones do that.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:07 am Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

If both people are using Hamachi to connect, but cannot establish a connection, then its your firewall.

All connection problems (99%) with Close Combat always boil down to firewall.

Your ports have to be open, if they are not, then you will not be able to connect.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=101#6

My firewall is recognized by windows, windows firewall is inactive. Hamachi is recognized by firewall as a trusted network but since 1 week i'm not able to make connection.

schrecken wrote (View Post):

Ports etc for WaR and tLD

Well i've opened port 6073, but what to do with 2302-2400? are it 2 ports or 1??? i can only give in 4 digits as a port  Rolling Eyes
The only guy with whome i was able to connect with, used an illegal copy of TLD?  Shocked

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:44 am Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

2302-2400 is 98 ports  It is the range

See the linked pics

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:48 am Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

2302-2400 is 98 ports  It is the range

See the linked pics

So if there's no other option, i've to open 98 ports manually?

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:52 am Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

No, open the range

From port 2302   to   2400

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:55 am Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

No, open the range

From port 2302   to   2400

when i go in the setup menu of my firewall, i can only manually open a port, but i can't find how to open a range?

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:17 am Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

you need to go to your router not your firewall

The section whgere you do the port forwarding is usually called "virtual server"

You really need to look at the website for your router model and read the manual.

Iron45

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:37 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys.

Unfortunately my router only allows me to port forward 11 addresses and I'm up to the maximum there already to enable connections in gamespy.  Ports 2300 to 2400 are open but I'm unable to add 6073 unless I remove one of the Gamespy ports - I can probably do without voice chat.

I've bridged the hamachi network connection and now have the bridged hamachi network connection a network bridge (MAC bridge miniport) as well as my unbridged local area connection, as suggested by AtlasRedux.  I hope this is what he meant.  I am a novice at this sort of thing.

I'll try to connect again asap and see how it goes and will post again when its successful.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

You should be able to save your config. for your router.

Set one config. up for one purpose another up for another etc etc

it only takes less than a minute to load a new config.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:18 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

Iron45.... add me on your MSN Messenger list, mooxe [at] hotmail [dot] com. We can do remote admin and I will configure it for you.

Iron45

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:59 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

Connected successfully tonight with ghost102 by IP using TCP.

I had opened port 6073, 2300 to 2400 already open and had Hamachi disabled.

Ghost 102 hosted and the first game went well but the second one froze at my end on 'Loading'.  Anyone come across that problem before?

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Connection problems Reply with quote

It probably lost connection while loading.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: