Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:49 am Post subject: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:45 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
I thought the post above would bait some people into discussing whether of not CCMT was worth $20 bucks or not.  Wink

Anyway, last year at this time I got CCMT. It's one of the reasons why I was trying to get my CCMT map collection finished before the sale went on. I went basically 3 days late and my wife is blowing a fuse because I promised her I would not fiddle with stuff during the holidays, which to her means all the way to the new year.  Exclamation

But, I am not gonna say if CCMT is worth $20 bucks or not. Because who knows. I know I got more kicks out of it than most of the stuff I get for Christmas.

Anyway, I have posted a lot here over the last year, and its been fun. I like posting stuff. I was hoping to meet some new people, and I did meet a few (not you Schrecken).  Wink

I have tried to encourage people about CCMT and get people to mod and create their own map collections. I hope to see everyone next year, but just in case I get another game for Christmas and spend next year messin with it, I just want to say Happy Holidays to ALL.   Exclamation

Regards,

Stwa

hey Stwa,

Been following your progress with CCMT through your postings. In the new year we are having a multiplayer CCMT meet maybe you'd be interested. I was hoping to try your mod out during that meet, if you make it available for download... and thats if you dont remove the multiplayer section from the interface.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:44 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

All kinds of sales going on.

A number of titles are on sale right now on Steam, including a pretty amazing deal on the enormous THQ complete pack. Normally it's a great deal, right now it's a further 50% off, meaning that for $49.99 you get:

Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Dawn of War II
Dawn of War: Gold Edition
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Dawn of War: Soulstorm

FrontLines: Fuel of War
Full Spectrum Warrior
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
Red Faction
Red Faction Guerilla
Red Faction II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Shadow of Chernobyl
Saints Row 2
Titan Quest
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2539/

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:55 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:53 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:31 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

I succumbed and forked out $20 for CCMT.  I think it will have its day...

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:08 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Man, Matrix is ripping off good money from TLD and CoI.
I have not bought them cause of the price. I have enough money, so that is not the problem.
Makes me angry to see those prices for old games.

[/end of rant]

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:52 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

All i can say Tippi is ...You're missing out
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

And I'll second that....

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:06 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 am Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:42 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

hi!

maybe it would be good time to open a post to begin to channel the skills of a campaign cc3 style Wink

heia Safari!!

vonB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you ever located, in the CC3 mission file, the hex location of the next battle or map, in the campaign sequence. Just wondering?

The short answer is not yet.  If I understand your question correctly, you are looking in the 'Status' Section of the Saved Game File.  In this case the 'pointer' to which Map the next battle is on?

At the moment, I have only completed the 'Data' Section, not the 'Status'.  If you are not sure of the difference, then think of the Data Section as just that which is created when you create a new scenario in the scenario editor (the files with size 105K).  The Status is what is added on when you Save a newly opened (Play) scenario, an tracks the results of battles.  These are only available from a 'saved' Game (the files of size 222K).

Apiotrow must have worked it out, as MMCC3 relied on you using a 3 Map scenario always fighting on the middle Map in order to make MMCC3 work with CC3/CoI.  Anyway, it is next in line on my 'to do' list (that is dissect the 'Status' structure of the Saved Game File.

The prospect for CCMT is not so severe, as there is no 'saved (operation) game file', and therefore no Status to track.  In that case, there will only be a single main structure as opposed to the 2 in the CC3/CoI saved game file.  Whispers have it that the CCMT Scenario file is significantly similar to CC3/CoI, but obviously having 10 Battlegroups instead of 2 and a few other things will mean that it isn't the same.  If the programmers have 'logically' extended the configuration, then this should make matters easier, but we cannot rely on that.  

I will definately be turning my attention to CCMT when I have completed what I set out to do with CC3/CoI.  I am also happy to try and help out Community effort where I am able.  

Although I do not want to be 'precious' about what I have been able to do with the saved game file, I am not going to hand out *all* the intelligence to anyone regardless.  It is a huge effort, and I want the results to be available to those who I have confidence will use it seriously for the benefit of the Community.  But that's about all the T's & C's I have.  All genuine requests will be welcome, but it will have to be my call.

p.s. I tried out a 3k x 3k Map in CCMT and it worked, though the Map is no more than a flat billiard table.  I tried out the 6k x 6k 'stitched' Map but it crashes.  I am going to try it again on CCRAFRegt to double check that I remembered ok, and it does work (i.e. the File is not corrupted).

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:13 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

vonB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Well it's a no (I think) because I don't have that Data, though I will have.

And it's a yes, I am happy to provide you with it when I get it.

I am not really that interested in whatever particular flavour of 'Game' people want for their Campaign/Op/Battles or whatever.  Each to his own.  I have my own preferences, of which the most important one is to try and have choices, so my intentions as far as developing any Operational Game is to try and provide that.  The more choices, the more work, but the wider appeal it will have.

So, as long as you have understood that I will provide you with that information when I get it (I have tracked your posts, and do not regard you as a shallow type, though your presentation is distinctive....)

Ok?

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

vonB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: Matrix Holiday Sale Reply with quote

Quote:
I mean no offense, with my presentation, or otherwise.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek.  When I look at any post, I do not need to see the Name and Avatar to know that it is one of yours  Wink You will admit that your style of presentation is individual?

Having had a little extra thought, there must be an entry in the 'Data' section which points to the first Map to be played in a new (multiple map) Scenario.   I'll dig into my source as soon as I have a moment, and let you have that if it helps.

The Files are open to any with a Hex Editor, but it's unscrambling the rest from the Strings.  Single odd small number values are the devil to nail down.  Large chunks of repetative Bytes and those that lend themselves to cross refencing with the Game (and not a little use of File Difference Utilities), much can be gleaned, but it is no easy task, and I am not even 100% sure that I have EVERY Byte nailed, but I will be happy with enough, which is to say enough to provde a good and intimate integration with CC, and enough not to crash the Game by changing Bytes incorrectly.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: