Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:14 pm Post subject: A new mod (submod?) ready for tests. Reply with quote

Greetings Generals

TLD is the best CC so far but unfortunaly I found grand campaign and other scenarios...boring
I hated one sided game, immob chance so high, mortars so powerfull, shrecks accurate like sniper rifles, AT guns useless, german MGs effective like hell and so on.
We play CC with Will for "ages" and needed a balanced game. Will had an idea of making German Civil War mod. I didnt like it at the begining but..it looks like a perfect idea - at least for both of us.

So... we played 2 campaigns. We made some chages. This game is extra stable (even not a single crash).
In a few sentences, the aim of creating this mod was to make a mod for 100% ballanced game. We made the same BGs, we made the same equpment and we made the same quantities. Basicly it doesnt matter which side do you choose - the only differences are unifroms and the language those guys speak. All other things are 100% the same. We called it a Civil War - Rommel deicided to finish Hitler. Here is his chance:)

Also, we implemented some changes, listed below:

Weapons.txt
1. Mortars accuracy reduced due to change of ranges. I mean, standard accuracy is unmoded, but difference between long and medium range are increased:
a. PB at 71 for med mortars  and 81 for Hvy mortars
b. Close  100
c. Medium 220
d. Long 800-1000
So basically I suggest shooting up to 220meters. Farther it will be more inaccurate. Smoke ranges are
Original, so smoking IS accurate.
2. LMGs cannot fire while moving, but deploying takes only 1/20 sec. It simply means, soldier has just to stay to shoot, but he cannot fire while running. Bren, BAR, Leicht MG34. MG42 etc
3. Flamers CAN fire while moving, ASAULTING (but flamers areremoved as they made game crashing)
4. Schrecks too powerful. Shrecks accuracy highly reduced due to change of ranges. I mean standard accuracy is unmoded, but difference between long and medium range highly increased. Accuracy over 130m is reduced. Basicly, shot up to 130m to be sure.
i. PB at 20
ii. Close  50
iii. Medium 130
iv. Long 250
5. Shreck, PIAT and bazooka: allowed targets set to All (when the unit is set to Ambush, it will not shot at infantry). You can target now bunkers in “search” of enemy hiddin’ AT guns
6. Melee values increased
Campaign.txt
1. # Allied air recon sighting % chance (clear weather only): 100
2. # Axis air recon sighting % chance (clear weather only): 100
3. # Allied ground recon sighting % chance: 30
4. # Axis ground recon sighting % chance: 30
5. # Recycle Disbanded BGs (0 = Never come back, 1 = Return next day): 1
6. # BGs retreat on rout (0 = disband on rout, 1 = retreat on rout):1 (doesn’t work – a bug in official TLD)
7. We deicided to ude only mortar support (air is to powerfull) and no supply on such a small campaign. But you can
Vehicles.txt
1. SDKFZ 222 it is the Turret Mount Type changed to 2 from 1
2. At guns and HTks were too vulnerable for mortar fire. Columns changed: AU AV AW BF CW CX CY DH
a. “chance that armor will protect an exposed crew member” (column BF (from TOP)) risen from 0 to 398 what means 90% of cover and also  
b. TOP armour increased to 10.
3. Armoured cars
a. TOP armour increased to 15.
b. “chance that armor will protect an exposed crew member” (column BF (from TOP)) risen from 0 to 398 what means 90% of cover and also  
4. Panther front armour
c. front low: lowered to 205, other HT (Heavy Tanks) to 300
d. front med:  from 184 to 133 other HT 252
e. front high 135 to 105 other HT 202
f. front side low 263 to 165 other HT 305

Elements.txt
1. Strongly lowered chance of being immobilized.Basicly wood obstacles had extra small chance of immob, avoid stone and concrete.
2. AT guns can now be placed in large hedgerows and bocage:
a. 5cm AT gun has high concealment (concealment from tanks at ranges less than 150 meters) in both Small and Large Hedgerow (use right mouse button on terrain to get hedge type).
b. 7.5cm AT gun has high concealment in Large Hedgerow, and average concealment (concealment from tanks at ranges greater than 150-200 meters) in Small Hedgerows.  Concealment in Small Hedgerows at ranges less than 150 meters is not guaranteed and gun may be spotted.

In the file below, you will find the mod

What do you think about this?

GervsGer1.05.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GervsGer1.05.zip
 Filesize:  427.28 KB
 Downloaded:  427 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: