Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1233
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Malmedy:
The Allies decided to just stand pat and so did we.

Manhay:
German steel is too much for the Americans.

Laroche:
American artillery had devistating effects today,we lost 4 tanks before the barrage lifted.

Wiltz:
We paid for it in blood,but the town is ours now.

Houffalize:
5 vehicles either lost a track or broke a wheel.but we have this one in the bag next time around.

Martelange:
Once again the 110/28ID decided to keep it's tanks in their FP rather than on the Battlefield.
There lost,Total German Victory.

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.83 KB
 Viewed:  9988 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.43 KB

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.21 KB

UO0001.jpg

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:03 am; edited 2 times in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Strategic Move - All units that could move West, South or north in the direction of the enemy moved. Most units camping on enemy depots stayed put.

Sibret - Allies artillery disabled my stug, panzer and flame halftrack. 80% of the casualties shown were from the heavy arty as well. A Hellcat and 81mm HT got into a duel, 81mm won after 21 shots. The Allies foolishly deployed a large portion of thier force in the North East corner, effectively sectioning themselves off from thw rest of map behind deep water. The rest of the battle turned into fire and movement as I raced for disband. Needed 30 more seconds to finish them off.

Elsenborne Ridge - I did not move this crappy German BG out during strategic moves. They are still strong enough to force a disband. Went into battle with the intent on using my 5 or 6 shreks as infantry killers. I depolyed half my forces in the north, half in the south. Battle started with two 57mm and one Sherman being spotted right away. They are dispatched by mortars and shreks within a minute. Allies kept rushing thier troops to me. My mortars destroyed probably 3-4men out of each team that came charging. MG troops did the rest. It started looking like a disband for Allies soon after, once again 30 more seconds would of done it.

sibret.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.19 KB
 Viewed:  9994 Time(s)

sibret.jpg

eridge.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.51 KB
 Viewed:  9994 Time(s)

eridge.jpg

Latest WAR Public GC Day 4 Turn 2.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Latest WAR Public GC Day 4 Turn 2.gc
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Downloaded:  271 Time(s)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:14 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

8/3 Fallschirmjager at Malmedy

Stacked shreck teams and prepared for an armored assault. Ambushed an American tank platoon in an open field...

and counterattacked through the woods to secure the map.

KG Cocenhausen at Laroche

Attacked the area by assaulting with halftracks and infantry, while using Panthers as roving pillboxes...

Smashed the Americans here, then drank beer and prepared to move out.

KG VonFallois at Heinerscheid

Sent one light halftrack into the streets to see if the Americans were still malingering around the area. A 75mm Sherman round answered that question and the lone surviving crewmember was able to run back to us and report that it was time to leave...

So we left.

KG Knittel at Houffalize

Meeting engagement. Used armored cars, halftracks and recon troops to secure the VLs quickly and pin the Americans in their deploy zone. The assault for the last VL...

Ended hope for the Americans.

MOVEMENT

Mostly continued the drive west. Important notes:

- Attacked north into the depots to cut off American forces engaged near Elsenborn.
- Mortar support applied mostly in the north to bolster the paras and assist the units assaulting the American depots.
- Moved KG Peiper south to deal with the American armor at Heinerscheid
- Initiated the Seige of Bastogne

78/26th Volksgrenadiers at Bastogne

Decided not to wait for panzers to take Bastogne and moved in with volksgrenadiers. After a fierce fight and an amazing Hetzer...

We pushed their asses out of Bastogne.

Here's the link to the save file:

WaR_PublicGrandCampaign.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR_PublicGrandCampaign.gc
 Filesize:  1.5 MB
 Downloaded:  263 Time(s)

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:51 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

KG 901 at Sibret

The Americans hit the town with heavy artillery then attacked from the woods into the buildings.
House-to-house combat ensued and the calls for medics were heard through the streets...

...but...a combined arms counterattack with panzers, halftracks and panzergrenadiers slaughtered them all.

KG Krause at Elsenborn Ridge

KG Krause moves into Elsenborn to relieve the battle-worn volksgrenadiers. American firepower from the Ridge shut down our attack and deadly motar fire destroyed both FlaK guns. Managed to send a platoon of ss soldiers to take the east and northeast VLs, but soon these troops too were under heavy fire from the Ridge.

Traded ss blood for ground.

8/3 Fallschirmjager at Malmedy

American armor makes another attempt to breakthrough at Malmedy. Our paras were waiting for them once again, and held off the superior force through determination...and Panzerschrecks.

Almost...

The save:

WaR PublicCampaign.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WaR PublicCampaign.gc
 Filesize:  1.51 MB
 Downloaded:  250 Time(s)

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:07 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Trois Ponts:
Sadly today Mooxe was killed today by an American Barrage and I myself just barley escaped death.
Our men hearing of this disaster pushed on in there memory and gave us a total victory.

Baraque de Fraiture:
The Americans tried desperate to push out of their initial deployment only to run head-on into our MGTeams,
another Artillery Barrage destroyed 1 tank

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.31 KB
 Viewed:  9957 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

UO0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  634.77 KB

UO0005.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.48 KB

UO0001.jpg

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:20 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

La Roche:
We were very lucky today that the Americans waited untill it was too late to use their Artillery Barrage,had they used it at the start of the Battle it more than likely would have had devistating results on the outcome.
Here is the latest file with 2 more Battles to go before strat moves.

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.87 KB
 Viewed:  9893 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

WAR Public GC Day 5 Turn 1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Public GC Day 5 Turn 1.zip
 Filesize:  151.1 KB
 Downloaded:  244 Time(s)

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:29 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Our Heros so far.
Could someone take a screenshot of these 3 before the next Battle and e-mail em to me?
Thanks

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.05 KB
 Viewed:  9890 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.15 KB

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.59 KB

UO0001.jpg

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Platoon_Michael: sent the screenshots via PM.

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

I was thinking that before the next battle it would show the total results for each of us.
The ones you sent look exactly the same as mine.
I must be wrong,but I could have sworn I've killed more than 3 men Smile
Maybe it's because the other men died.

Hmmm?

If we do this again,we should add a bunch of names to the Names.txt and see who comes up where and does what.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Damn I've been waiting 2 days for someone to post the savegame, seems I was not logged in and you cant see attached files.  Crying or Very sad

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

I was wondering what happened,I thought maybe I was just being too greedy and playing to much.
Either you or Deathdealer use MSN Instant Messenger anymore?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:42 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Hotton:
The inital attack from the Americans came as quite a surprise,but after we relepled that the victroy was easy.

Martelange:
We just didnt come up with enough to repel the Americans so I offered a Truce to limit our losses.

UO0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.7 KB
 Viewed:  9841 Time(s)

UO0002.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.04 KB
 Viewed:  9841 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:41 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Strategic moves are up,
I must say it is dissapointing to see that Peiper has done very little fighting and is somewhere in the middle of the strat map with no chance of fighting other than at Heinerschied.
Ofcourse with the rate of Tanks I seem to be going through this might be a blessing later on. :)

CCB/9thAD is comming back,I suggest staying put at Champs and letting them come to us.

I suggest the same to the Allied BG at Heinerscheid.(Why fight this BG later on like we now have to with CCB/9thAD)

5 days into the GC and we own practically the entire strat map.
We need to focus on getting our Tank BG's to the American supply depots,and then move in our other strongest BG's behind them in order to move them in/out of Battle.

What are your thoughts?
here's the latest file.

WAR Public GC Day5 Turn2 Strat Moves.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WAR Public GC Day5 Turn2 Strat Moves.zip
 Filesize:  156.62 KB
 Downloaded:  226 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:54 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

My suggestions

-KG Peiper should attack into Heinerscheid with heavy artillery support. CCR 9th AD is out of supply and a forced disband would be disasterous for them in loss of equipment.

-Keep the 8/3 Fallschirmjager at Malmedy for one more battle as KG Telcamp moves into Recht. Telcamp can then replace them next turn. 8/3 will then move into Stavelot if it's safe enough.

-KG Knittel defends Champs with Pioniere and Flammenwerfer from the buildings at close-quarters, while more powerful German BGs (with AT capabilities) move up to replace them.

-KG Krause out of Elsenborn Ridge and KG Krag moves in with their 4 StuGs to finish off that stubborn Sherman.

-KG Cochen. and KG Von Bohm defend in place.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

We need to focus on getting our Tank BG's to the American supply depots,and then move in our other strongest BG's behind them in order to move them in/out of Battle.

Unfortunately not the entire map. I blame the strat map designer who was obviously snorting drain-o when he put in the connections.

I bet maybe the zoomed in view and lack of indicators on what maps connect (which confuse and frustrate people) was sold as an AI enhancement haha...

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

Unfortunately not the entire map. I blame the strat map designer who was obviously snorting drain-o when he put in the connections.

I bet maybe the zoomed in view and lack of indicators on what maps connect (which confuse and frustrate people) was sold as an AI enhancement haha...

The zoomed in view is very frustrating.I can't do my strat moves without viewing the Connections.pdf
The connections in the North (or lack of) do provied a means of slowing the Germans down.Or atleast me.
The WORST of those is Elsenborn Ridge and Butgenbach.Once there it takes forever to move off of them.
Also the strat map shows a road from Meyerode to Malmedy but their is no connection(F#*@'s me up everytime)

Whoever does beat the CCR/9thAD please take a screen shot of their FP before the Battle,and one when they return.I want to see how much they actually loose,when they come back.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:30 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Intersting comments re: strat map.

Didn't pose any problems for me.. advanced at will against the AI

Only problem was keeping fuel and supplies moving forward with this campaign.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

Well I guess if a developer didnt have any problems, then none of us should!

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE! AARS!

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:05 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

"Campaign Blocked"

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:49 am Post subject: Re: Wacht Am Rhein GC - CCS vs AI Reply with quote

It would be nice if someone posted a strat. situation pic. so we can see what you are talking about.

:)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: