Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
dropshot10

Rep: 5.2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:28 pm Post subject: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Du Reply with quote

By my own admission I do not mod or edit much but enjoy playing mods by others and appreciate all the work which goes into creating a good mod.

This has probably been addressed, however, the St. Come du Mont map is actually the Carentan causeway between St. Come and Carentan which the 502nd PIR named "Purple Heart Lane".  The map is geographically correct by overhead view but off by 180' in the game routes to reach the map, unless you attack from the direction of Les Forges which of course the 502nd did not do.  This oversight has the allies attacking this map from the South(right-hand) side close to where the causeway enters Carentan which is the wrong direction.  

Will someone be kind enough to inform me of the best/easy way to edit/rotate this map?

And worst of all, the "Carentan Causeway" map is just ridiculous.  It's about half correct, the bridges are accurate but everything else is way off.  Not sure what reference was used to create it.

If you look on Google Maps you can see the route plain as day.  If the creators wanted to include the wooden bridge constructed by the engineers, they easily could have made the existing map larger or created an actual St. Come du Mont map which includes this bridge and "Dead Man's Corner".

So if one of you Gurus out there can help me with this I promise I will create such a map and change the positions of the maps so it resembles the actual terrain a little more than it currently does.

Best,

dropshot10

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:16 pm Post subject: Re: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Reply with quote

hi!

i think that you need cc2tool

heia Safari!!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Reply with quote

This will get you headed in the right direction

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ccmt/flip.html

But if the map just needs rotating you will have to recode the map
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Reply with quote

Would it not be even easier just to change the entry and exit point locations?

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:08 am Post subject: Re: How do I edit/coreect TLD maps to rotate "St. Come Reply with quote

For some reason, the original CC5 St Come du Mont map also represented the Carentan Causeway. Looking at the Come du Mont map in TLD, a 90 degree rotation clockwise would line it up in the correct orientation of the stratmap.  Connections would need to be fixed.

'Causeway', actually is representing the same area from what I see, and is in the correct orientation for the stratmap orientation.  If flipped vertically, it would be almost an exact representation of the Come du Mont map rotated as described above.

IIRC, Mafi's CCTools tool can actually rotate the data for the map as well.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: