Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
DiscoStu

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:37 pm Post subject: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Have very little understanding how coding games for the Ipad works, all I know that if I could play my favorite game of all time on the Ipad my life would be complete. Seriously, if there's a way to recreate CC on the ipad it would actually have a solid chance to become a mainstream game again.

Does anyone know anything about developing for the Iphone OS? I'd be willing to chip in money toward development - let's make it happen!! I know a lot about websites and marketing/advertising online (my day job) and I'm willing to commit time to help with what I can to make this a reality & promote it when it does.

CC makes a ton of sense with a touch screen, the UI is all menu based and it's all pointing and dragging markers around and it's natural to play it top-down. If there was a way to get even the original CC on to the Ipad it would be considered a high quality game for the platform. I'm serious about this - I was going to contact some coders but I'd much rather have true fans of the series develop it so it keeps everything about it that made the series such a great game even to this day.

I played this game since the very first installment of the series and I've always dreamed of a way to breathe new life in to it without turning it in to a crazy 3d game and lose it's soul. The Ipad makes perfect sense for this. Please respond here or PM me if you have any knowledge about this or any ideas of how we can move this forward.

Thanks and I'm so glad to see the community is still alive and active!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

DiscoStu wrote (View Post):
Seriously, if there's a way to recreate CC on the ipad it would actually have a solid chance to become a mainstream game again.

I highly highly doubt people will want to play CC on an IPad.

Try installing the CC2 demo version for the MAC on it...

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=1927

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

DiscoStu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

I'd personally rather play it on my ipad than on a computer. I travel a lot and being able to kill time with CC on a plane/airport/waiting for a cab would be great. IMO it isn't a question if people would want to play CC on an ipad, rather if they would want to play CC at all. If they do, the Ipad makes sense.

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

since i dont have an Ipad i cant try to dl it.  if you have iP then please try to see it can work.  

I would pay to play it on the IP.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/touch/touch.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

DiscoStu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

The Ipad uses a whole different operating system (The Iphone OS) - so you can't simply install a mac game onto it, it needs to be developed for the OS from scratch (I believe it uses a language similar to csharp?). Usually developers make either puzzle games for the Iphone OS, or lighter versions of console games and then sell them from anywhere from $0.99 to $9.99 a piece via the app store.

Are there any Iphone users (or maybe even devs...?) on here?

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

market would be pretty small... how about an XBOX version?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

DiscoStu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

The Ipad has shattered the initial records of the now ubiquitous iphone that made touch screen phones the standard for the entire mobile phone market, so I think the market for touch tablet gaming will be massive (I think lsomething like 70 touch tablets are expected to be released this year). Question is if the market is there for slow paced WWII strategy games, but I'm sure it is

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Close Combat can be played on windows based touch screen machines... see video.

What percentage of the mobile phone market does iphone have?

If CC has a chance to take off on a tablet... it will, as the windows OS market share should be large enough.

general_solomon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Close Combat can be played on windows based touch screen machines... see video.

If CC has a chance to take off on a tablet... it will, as the windows OS market share should be large enough.

please provide a link  to the video.  i'd rather have a windows os anytime.

DiscoStu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Not sure, but enough for people to spend millions of dev dollar to create specific apps for it and be profitable

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

How many are profitable?

With what type of app?

vid link http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/touch/touch.html

general_solomon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:03 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

How many are profitable?

With what type of app?

thanks for the link.  this reminds me of the HP Slate coming out soon.  i am going to pass on the IP and go with the slate.  it runs on windows 7.

you can most likely run all the cc games.  i cant wait.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:45 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

An Xbox version?
Are you serious?

DiscoStu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:38 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

How many are profitable?

With what type of app?

There's been over a billion apps downloaded so far, and every major website/online serivce has developed one...many are free because they make their profit on the backend. I don't know the exact number, that's like asking how many and what type of videogames have been profitable. The answer is "a lot" and "all kinds".

DiscoStu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:17 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

DiscoStu wrote (View Post):

There's been over a billion apps downloaded so far

Actually that was an old statistic. It's now up to 3 billion

ipadtodd

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:52 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

I would invest in this effort. Cc on the ipad would make a lot of money. Contact me if anyone gets this going.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

just buy a windows tablet....

Send me an investment seed of $5000 and I will ship you a working model.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:40 pm Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

If Ipad supports  virtual drive technology, install win xp on it.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 am Post subject: Re: PLEASE someone help get CC to the Ipad somehow!! Reply with quote

Matrixgames has recently merged with slitherine, so you never know

http://www.slitherine.com/games/iPhone

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: