Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:52 pm Post subject: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Since 2006 there has been no major mods made for the rereleases. Why? Most likely because there is little interest in learning how to do it combined with there being a very small amount of people that even want to do it... and a small amount of people that even want to play the mods. Take the lack of interest and ask yourself if mods were eventually made, would it increase the life of the rereleases? I say no.

Should thier be any extra focus on making the re-releases moddable?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:50 pm Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Yes

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:34 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Yes.

No there hasn't been a major mod but that doesn't mean there won't be one day.... And If/when it arrives I do play mods so it will increase the life of the re-releases for me....

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:53 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Since 2006 there has been no major mods made for the rereleases. Why? Most likely because there is little interest in learning how to do it combined with there being a very small amount of people that even want to do it... and a small amount of people that even want to play the mods. Take the lack of interest and ask yourself if mods were eventually made, would it increase the life of the rereleases? I say no.

Should thier be any extra focus on making the re-releases moddable?

Could this be the first thread started by der OberGlockenfuhrer of this site to be destined straight for a home the magic trainwreak thread?  

Seriously Mooxe, has there been a bigger fan of anything or anyone since Mark David Chapman?  As the owner of a fan site maybe you really should be a ... er ... well fan?

Statement #1  Since 2006 there has been no major mods made for the rereleases.

statement #2 Why? Most likely because there is little interest in learning how to do it combined with there being a very small amount of people that even want to do it...   Yeah but that has always been the case, the percentage of people contributing towards modding even in CC heyday has always been small.  These days as the average age of the players increases I'd suppose their disposable time is somewhat less than previous gamers.  Add to that the global economic crisis where people are working harder than ever just to keep afloat.  As you know modding a complete mod is a huge suckhole of time.
Actually since 2006 there have been very few mods released for any varient of CC

statement #3 and a small amount of people that even want to play the mods.  based on what? the mods that no one is making and thus haven't been released yet?  Sorry dude this makes no sense what so ever.   This site exists for one reason... mods... I'll say it louder  THIS IS A MOD SITE   sorry but it is.  Almost no one plays the stock games of any form of CC.  Okay moving on...

statement #4 Take the lack of interest and ask yourself if mods were eventually made, would it increase the life of the rereleases? I say no.   You say no, and thus it was wrote, the eleventh commandment?   Seriously the least played of the old CCs was CC4.  why?  no mods was part of the reason.  And when you're talking about life of the rereleases just what are you talking about?   Do you think there'll be a point when the CC gamers will collectively set aside their rereleases and scrabble through cupbards and attics searching for the true unadulterated CC dics's.  Dude you crack me up.  The game will undoubtedly dwindle and die but no blame can be cast upon the rereleases.  They've ignited a small interest and brought some players back.  Surely that is good?

statement #5   Should thier be any extra focus on making the re-releases moddable?   Hmm okay in what way?   Should be able to nod your head like i dream of jeanie and magic up a mod, all the data, sixty four new maps?   Do you want to be able to set out preset map sections like a trainset?   Hmmm yeah, that'd be great.   The tools are out there as they've always been and in fact are easier to use than when I first started.   Excel or open office opens the data files, in fact opens more data file than before because the exe controls less now as i understand it.

I think what you're saying behind this dinky little speil of yours is that there is too much choice already in CC.   I think that you're postulating that with the range of games and mods and the limited players that someone (and I'm supposing you) should control the world of CC like some Khymer rogue despot deciding what is worthy to keep the band of gamers together like some sort of high country sect.

And just in case you think i'm mouthing off... some of us are still working on CC mods

WWIII Strat test agin 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  786.13 KB
 Viewed:  8586 Time(s)

WWIII Strat test agin 2.jpg

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:57 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

and this

WWIII_3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.17 KB
 Viewed:  8585 Time(s)

WWIII_3.jpg

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:59 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

and more

WWIII_2 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.96 KB
 Viewed:  8584 Time(s)

WWIII_2 copy.jpg

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:00 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

again

WWIII_1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.3 KB
 Viewed:  8581 Time(s)

WWIII_1.jpg

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:02 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

this makes 154 posts... guess that makes me a doer not a talker... and a true fan

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:32 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Yes

I think this site should post more guides and tutorials on modding the CC games.

In general it is too negative and instead it should support and encourage the modding community.

I recommend you ban Dima for ripping shreds off anyone who puts forward ideas for mods... I think this would add a lot and increase the number of mods available.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:33 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

I agree that the site is sometimes way too negative, and certainly this has been the case concerning the newer games.

My problem, is I enjoy CCMT so much, I probably couldn't bring myself to work on any thing else like TLD.

Surely CC2 Redux counts as a major mod.  Question

I have a WF mod for CCMT, that basically just lacks a few UI graphics, but I have never been able to get somone to help me with the graphics. And besides, CCMT ranked at the bottom of CC game popularity.

And BTW, the maps look great, but wouldn't they be even better without the wooden structures, or do I not understand modern Europe.  Question

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:36 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Shocked

OMG, hard words here already...

Personally I can't play stock-tLD, but when I find some time I will create a playable sub-mod and if I ever learn to create maps I have two ideas for full mods. With the tools for Excel I think the data for this re-release is damn easy to work with, so I can only say that the tLD kept my interest for CC and brought it a steep further. But as Southern said:

southern_land wrote (View Post):

These days as the average age of the players increases I'd suppose their disposable time is somewhat less than previous gamers.  Add to that the global economic crisis where people are working harder than ever just to keep afloat.

I'm 36, a single-father of two kids and busting my balls at work. I can't hardly find any time over for playing or modding... Don't think I'm alone in that situation?

schrecken wrote (View Post):

In general it is too negative and instead it should support and encourage the modding community.

Is it? I've got a lot of help, all I've needed in fact. And as far as I've seen, so have everybody else who have asked something here...

I recommend you ban Dima for ripping shreds off anyone who puts forward ideas for mods... I think this would add a lot and increase the number of mods available.

So... Me, Dima and everybody else who says that something isn't historical correct should be banned?  Rolling Eyes  I don't say that every mod must follow the To&E of the units involved (damn, with other maps I'd loved the WH 40k mod!) but everyone have the right to say what they think. If you don't have the balls to stand for your ideas when someone is turning them down, it might have been a bad idea or you don't have what it takes to bring it to the finish-line.

As a conclusion: Even if I personally only play modded CCIII, CCIV - Kreta and modded CC5, I think the re-releases already brings the game further, attracting a few new players and offers new possibilities for modding.

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:38 pm Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Yes

I think this site should post more guides and tutorials on modding the CC games.

Schrecky you don’t seem to understand how many mods Dima has been involved in, either as a consult or as direct maker.

Instead it seems you have constant conflicts with most moders in this community.  

To mention some of the moders you had numerous conflicts with:
1) Dima, co maker of Stalingrad, maker of Utah, GJS-TRSM and probley some more.
2) Sapa, maker of Karelia I/II, and Tali-I,
3) Therion, submod maker to CCMT, and small soldier mod maker
4) PJ, maker of SOC;SDK, SDKDK
5) Squadleader, in making of Soerabaja
6) Stwa, maker of may CCMT mods
7) PM, grapix mods in progress
Cool Firefox, maker of many many many mods
9) [Moders name here]
10) Sbuf, maker of many mods, maps and totorials

Lets look at this stement:

In what way has your endless conflicts with the CC-moders support and encourage the making of mods?

Who should be?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Its a debate on whether or not the putting forth extra time into making the rereleases more moddable than they already are is actually worth it. Has it been so far? No it hasnt. Is it worth the time to create extra features within the CC2 rerelease to make it more moddable? Probably not.

Sorry SL, I couldnt be bothered reading all your rhetoric. Yes all posts will go to trainwrecks if people do not make constructive posts.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Quote:
f people do not make constructive posts.

you mean like

Quote:
because there is little interest in learning how to

and

Quote:
lack of interest

priceless!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 pm Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

There is some new blood out there doing things; davidssfx who joined: Sep 10, 2008 is working on TLD.

Also Buck_Compton said his next mod (or was it the next next mod) would be on a CC re-release version.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

When the new releases came out, there was a time when I thought people would migrate the existing mods to the new games.

I haven't kept up with things (apart from CCMT), so I wonder why this is not occurring.

Generally, the new system (TLD), should offer enough new features to make the migration project worthwhile.

Perhaps, this is NOT the case  Question (I don't know because I don't have TLD)

But if true, I think this fact alone would substantiate mooxe's comments.

Since I know CCMT will work with Windows 7, I am sure I will migrate (probably Stalingrad) to CCMT at some point in the future, it just wont be this year.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:50 pm Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

I have migrated Meuse to TLD and do want to take advantage of the new features. The problem is the work involved to move to the new version and then understand the impact of the new features to play balance on a mod that was not designed to use them.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:20 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Why have moders not migrated to the new games…

The problem has been pointed to EVEN before WaR was relised, and argued by the moders many time after WaR was relised, BUT the developer has not listened..

The main problem is the strategy editing tool, or rather the missing strat edit tool for WaR and TLD. The CC5 moders had this tool for CC5, and it has been essential for moding the strat map.
I bet we will se porting of old CC5 - 44 map mods to TLD, but I doubt we see any or many 64 map mods or new strat may layouts as long as there is no strat edit tool.

However, seemingly many moders has given up moding CC after voicing this and the poor, slow respond from the developer.

But maybe it’s all to slow to late and to sad.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:27 am Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

Quote:
But maybe it’s all to slow to late and to sad.

And maybe not

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm Post subject: Re: Players Debate - Modding Re-releases Reply with quote

And I think people wanting to make ports to the new releases are waiting for the serious bugs to be corrected. Hopefully they will be corrected and people will want to take advantage of the new features.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: