Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:59 am Post subject: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Ground Tactics mod ver1.3
The Ground Tactics mod for TLD is an attempt to better simulate military tactics used by ground forces in Normandy.
The removal of Medium Mortars enables more infantry movement, and better scouting abilities are present with the addition of Recon Teams. Also, MG Teams seem to function more effectively with reduced Team sizes.
Heavy Support has been enabled in varying degrees for each side … all maps Allies, some maps Germans.
BG 901 Pz.Gr./Panzer Lehr has been replaced with 130 Pz./Panzer Lehr, and includes the addition of Tiger I's.
An extensive sound mod is also included, along with other changes and adjustments to various aspects of the game.

readme file:

TLD Ground Tactics mod ver1.3
Compatible with: TLD version 5.50.07 (Released: 4 NOV 2009)

-Fixed after ver1.2:
-Stratmap text file error fixed
-Fixed/added after ver1.1:
-Added missing Tiger GSUNIT icon
-Removed .50 cal explosion animation
-Fixed explosives sound, to throw sound
-Added new main screen
-Fixed after ver1.0: missing "Games" folder

ver1.0:
-Medium Mortars removed
-5cm Mortar added to German BG's (limited quantities)
-MMG and HMG changed to 3 and 4 man Teams
-Recon Teams added. Most BG's have one in Active Roster
-Naval support changed to Heavy support. Voice cues don't say "Naval"
-Allied Heavy Support available for all maps
-German Heavy Support available for (non beach) maps below Bayeux (on the Strategic map) ... in limited quantities (June 8,9). This represents Heavy support brought to Normandy
-Support quantity values changed (Naval,Mortar,Air)
-BG 901 Pz.Gr./Panzer Lehr replaced with 130 Pz./Panzer Lehr
-Tiger I added to 130 Pz./ Panzer Lehr
-130 Pz./Panzer Lehr arrives on June 9
-902/Panzer Lehr arrives on June 8
-2 inch Mortar smoke capabilities added, and new firing sound
-M7 Spigot made into a new weapon, and new firing sound
-Schiessbecher made into a new weapon
-2 pzfaust 30 for German pzjäger teams (of all branches)
-Spatrupp: replaced MP44 with MP40
-Light Mortar explosion animation size increased
-Added a crew to the Füsiliere(MG) team
-Grenade explosion animation size increased
-Created separate GIR and PIR Platoon and Company HQ
-Added another MG42 to FJ (MG) Team
-Minor adjustments to some Allied Airborne BG's
-Reduced number of Panzerschrecks in Active Roster of some BG's
-Some Allied BG's arriving on June 7,8 will have three tanks instead of two in Active Roster
-One less ATG for some German BG's
-DD's replace 57mm ATG in Active Roster for 16/1 and 26/1
-Molotov added to Ost
-Small Hedgerow, changed to: block Line of Sight
-Other minor corrections/adjustments
-OnGroundFX sound mod included

Important notes about other settings:

-Battle Groups have been set to: not return after being disbanded, due to a TLD "no cohesion" bug when disbanded BG's return, and also because the retreat option has a bug also. It may be best to uncheck "when force morale gets too low" ... in the Command screen options
-German Heavy support has been enabled only in the Grand Campaign (The Longest Day).If wanted in other battles, operations,Campaigns ... you will have to enable it in the scenario editor for each specific one.

Credits:
Pzt_Kanov
davidssfx

Thanks bernd for: ModInstaller
Thanks to editing tool creators, and to contributors of technical help, historical information, and comments.

http://uploading.com/files/6fb84881/CCTLDModGroundTacticsv1.3.zip/

In order to try and avoid confusion ... I posted info about this mod here. I started this mod with another name, and in a forum topic with that title. Here is a link to the topic relating to the development of this mod (under its previous name: Realism On Ground).

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8112

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:47 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

aah I understand thanks for your work I'm installing it right now Very Happy

-Jager-

Rep: 6.5

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:25 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

It sounds great down loading

Good moaning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAajssMn95w&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4QDz3c3Auw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia178T1i8ss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAioN2mtsA&feature=related

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:39 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

hey, what happened to this? You're not hosting it anymore?

Priapus

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:57 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

I've uploaded the mod if anyone else wants it: http://rapidshare.com/files/390524380/CCTLDModGroundTacticsv1.3.zip.html

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:23 pm Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

My previously posted link isn't working ... I'll post a new one below. Thanks for mentioning this and posting a link Priapus.

new link for 1.3
http://uploading.com/files/7e46825e/CCTLDModGroundTacticsv1.3.zip/

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:29 pm Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Nice... gonna try this out  Very Happy

thx

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Priapus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:52 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Hey, I suppose this mod has disappeared into the ether along with david? Does anyone have a copy uploaded somewhere? Or alternatively, know how to launch mods without the desktop shortcut?

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:53 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

you need some sort of short cut o activate the /D switch

The shortcut doesn't need to be on your desktop... I keep mine in a folder called CC shortcuts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:04 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Ground Tactics mod version 1.3 is available to download here: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Priapus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:13 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

I'm using a different PC than usual so I copied over my TLD to my external hardrive but forgot to pick up the shortcut. Thanks for the link.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

I'll try and update this mod, after the patch is official, ... so at the very least, the retreat option is enabled.

Priapus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Hey, good to see you're still around david. I'm playing a H2H Ground Tactics GC at the moment. My only suggestions so far are: 1) Although I like the expansion of inland naval barrage, in some cases it seems unrealistic 2) Commanders not recieving panzerfausts although infantry recieves them, I want my top brass to be protected! 3) Molotovs for osttroops, this may be a little pedantic, but how historically accurate is this? I'd rather they perform as poorly as they historically did i.e. recieve no AT apart from limited gun support (the molotovs often end up being used against allied infantry, with deadly effectiveness). 4) The FG-42 rifle sounds like someone blowing a raspberry (link) 5) Might I suggest the integration of Deathdealers music mod, sure is nice having a little classical playing whilst you prepare an ambush.

Other than those comments, I'm mightily impressed. The removal of medium mortars has allowed much more unhindered infantry movement. I'm playing as the Germans, so I have no input for the American perspective, maybe Gravy will post a review.

graves101

Rep: 8.3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:34 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Yeah, I concur everything Priapus said. Though, I haven't played standard TLD, so I can't compare this mod, but the movement seems fine. I noticed mortars are somewhat more accurate than cc5, and could account for easier kills against prone infantry. I can only imagine how bad the 80-120mm made it.

It seemed a little odd I could allocate naval to airborne on maps farthest inland. But, the extra mortar support seems very appropriate in substituting 120mm, as they would be very out of place in cc, the game is too small-scale for weapons that size.

As for ostruppen using molotovs, I dont think they were exotic weapons to the western-theatre. After the winter war, I believe they became common knowledge, and they are very easy to make. Who knows, maybe some ostruppen were veterans of WW, so they had experienced the effectiveness of the weapons first-hand. I'll have to look it up, though.

And Pri, you asked if the ostruppen would be using Russian weapons. For sure, the Germans utilized everything they captured in their conquests, and considering massive amounts of guns and ammo were captured in 41 from the Russians, they definitely implemented the perfectly good weapons wherever they could. Since the ostruppen were most familiar with their own guns, they would be issued them. And considering there was no chance of being mistaken for the enemy by friendly from the sound of Russian guns, they would be very practical.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:40 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

tLD can have maps 1km in width

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Just to get a grip of how common captured / foreign weapons were in the German army:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_firearms_of_Germany

And the naval barrage of this mod is not naval, but rather regular artillery-support.

Cheers

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:56 pm Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):

And the naval barrage of this mod is not naval, but rather regular artillery-support.

Exactly, is just that we need to change the Icon.

I've been put working on the mod aside because I was so into the World cup that it diverted all my interest, and davidssfx was doing some other stuff. I had some stuff finished already but we were waiting for the patch to be released and fix some bugs, maybe now we can look into it again.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 pm Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Looking forward to a update of this mod, I hope and think it will make tLD playable together with the new patch.  Cool

(Even though tLD can't measure up to LSA in my heart  Razz  )

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

davidssfx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:41 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Hi Priapus,
Thanks for your comments.

1. I've used the link to update the FG 42 sound ... thanks
2. Molotovs are OK throwing at infantry once in a while... cause it's only at close quarters range. Ost is always way outnumbered anyways ... so is shouldn't be too much of a problem. I've also added a molotov sound. I grabbed the sound from a link sometime in the last while ... but can't remember where. If anyone knows where the sound came from ... please tell, then I can give credit for using it.
3. I've also dropped the expanded heavy artillery idea ... and went back to just Allied beaches with Naval. It would really need a fourth support button to use heavy artillery and Naval. Going back to original Naval (and no other heavy artillery) will avoid confusion.
4. Pzt_Kanov is moving in GJS vehicle graphics, and should be ready soon.

Priapus wrote (View Post):
Hey, good to see you're still around david. I'm playing a H2H Ground Tactics GC at the moment. My only suggestions so far are: 1) Although I like the expansion of inland naval barrage, in some cases it seems unrealistic 2) Commanders not recieving panzerfausts although infantry recieves them, I want my top brass to be protected! 3) Molotovs for osttroops, this may be a little pedantic, but how historically accurate is this? I'd rather they perform as poorly as they historically did i.e. recieve no AT apart from limited gun support (the molotovs often end up being used against allied infantry, with deadly effectiveness). 4) The FG-42 rifle sounds like someone blowing a raspberry (link) 5) Might I suggest the integration of Deathdealers music mod, sure is nice having a little classical playing whilst you prepare an ambush.

Other than those comments, I'm mightily impressed. The removal of medium mortars has allowed much more unhindered infantry movement. I'm playing as the Germans, so I have no input for the American perspective, maybe Gravy will post a review.

Priapus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:16 am Post subject: Re: Ground Tactics mod Reply with quote

Hey. Great to see this is still active. One potential problem me and Gravy have experienced so far is the exaggerated ability of scouts to detect units. At times the game is reduced to careful positioning of scout teams during deployment and blasting the opponent to pieces with rear mg teams. It's been so long since I played the unmodded game I can't remember whether they were always this efficient or if you've tampered with their stats? Also, you may have noticed my new thread, would it be possible to increase the defensive ability of AT guns? This is a real game breaker for me at the moment, particuarly as the Germans have a very limited number of AT and AP guns. I might be pushing my luck with this last request, but one thing that has hampered mine and Gravys GC is his inability to get off many of the beaches. This is likely due to my ingenius defensive deployments, but perhaps also because he never has enough smoke to cover his troop movements. Would it be possible to create mortar teams consisting of 2 mortars which can only fire smoke? Lots and lots of smoke.

Sorry for all the requests, if there's anything I can lend a hand doing I'd be more than happy to do so.

edit: reading your above post. As it's not possible to create a 5th support option, perhaps you can remove the current mortar support and replace it with the naval barrage animation with reduced damage and call it artillery support? At the moment the mortar barrage does so little damage its only use is to temporarily suppress troop movements.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: