Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Now that will make a great MMCC3 map... hmmm..ABTFMMCC3????
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Aaaargghhh!  Acronym meltdown!  :lol:

Actually, I just realised that "Market Garden" and "Monty's Gamble" have the same initials.

Hmmmm... a private joke by Eisenhower maybe?

Probably not.  Still... Operation: Monty's Gamble ... I'm really warming to that title.  

Could just be me though.  Confused

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Hoogley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Yes?  No?

omglogo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.66 KB
 Viewed:  14863 Time(s)

omglogo.jpg

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:29 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Nice  Cool

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:49 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Strat Map looks amazing!
Glad to see that this mod is moving along nicely...well done!

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:33 am Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Strat Map looks awesome indeed!
And I like the name too.  Laughing

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Hoogley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 am Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

I forgot to mention; whilst researching this mod I came across the Michael Jackson monument at the MacDonald's in Best...

... is all of the Netherlands huge MJ fans?  Or is it just the franchisee of the MacDonald's in Best?

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:58 am Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

who's michael jacksonand what's a macdonalds?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:42 am Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

hahahahaha  

Looks great Hoogley

Hoogley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:46 am Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

LMAO

You need to get out more!  

Actually, no, you don't.  Best you stay sheltered from such things.

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:00 am Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):
I forgot to mention; whilst researching this mod I came across the Michael Jackson monument at the MacDonald's in Best...

... is all of the Netherlands huge MJ fans?  Or is it just the franchisee of the MacDonald's in Best?

Neverland mate, Neverland.  Thats why it was called OMG.......

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:52 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Well, actually Michael Jackson was great, not all the bullshit they're throwing around now... Buuuut ehm... Amazing strat map, again, Hoogley  Very Happy

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

Hoogley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:17 am Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Jesus.  I think I just worked out another reason to call it "the Island".

I'm looking at Google maps, at a section of road north of Elst where there are canals all over the place, and particularly two running alongside the road and isolating it from the fields.  It is almost literally an island.

If that landscape is the same as it was back in '44, no wonder the tanks had so much trouble.

I'm interested; how much research and intel' was put into the landscape and how it might effect the operation?  Is this another case like the Normandy boccage, where the allies just didn't think to consider ground level tactical realities, and instead just had a grand, wide zoom strategic plan?

Anyway...

I need some assistance if anyone can help: either, a) can anyone tell me a valid name for the map zone I've placed south of Arnhem on the Island, where the (name unknown) canal crosses the Corridor?  Or, b) is there a more specific location on the road where I should be placing this map zone, or a specific battle spot that I should be focusing on here?

I just put the map there because I figured it looked like a great place for an attack.  I don't know if the Germans in 1944 agreed with me or not.  That said, if this aerial from Google Maps is anything like it was back then, and nobody has any better suggestions, I am going to use this spot for a map.  It looks like it would be a good map to play.  Hard.  

I haven't looked at what map represent this area in LSA.

I am assuming the two lane highway is a new addition?  Anyone have access to wartime aerial photos or maps or such for this area?  WatWasWaar doesn't seem to have anything; it appears the only intel' photos they've got were from direct line recon passes over Arnhem, Nijmegen, and Eindhoven.  That may be all there is.

Cheers.

Last edited by Hoogley on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Hoogley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:32 am Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Just looking at the WatWasWaar map: is that called the "Linge canal"?

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:36 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Hey Hoogley,

The name "The Island" was given by the Allies and corresponds with what in Holland is called "De Betuwe" and "Lingewaard" (east of Elst). The area is enclosed by the rivers Waal, Nederrijn and the canal connecting the two. The "Linge" runs through these areas, which must be the canal you are referring to.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Hoogley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:57 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Was there any major action around where the Linge crossed the highway?

Again, check the link above to Google maps.  It looks like a great place for a battle, but I just want to make sure it's worth including historically, as I have to be frugal with map zones.

Hoogley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:09 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Well, I added values to FPools for the 1st BG, being the 501 PIR, to a total of 26 team entries just to see if LSA would crash.

It didn't. In fact, everything worked fine.

I was worried that the fact there are negative value fillers up to a total of 25 per BG listing meant that was the maximum listings per BG. I assume the actual case is that each BG must have at least 25 listings to avoid engine crash. Who really cares... you can go above 25 and that's all that matters. I assume that 64 entries is the maxout point, which must be kept in consideration.

This is a fantastic result!

Huge variety of German units for OMG? Hell yes.

PS: If anybody has info regarding the above query about map placement, and feels compelled to comment, please do.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

Nice news on the FP's!

Haven't got (back) to the map in my readings, but looking at it it's a great place and it's on the road to Arnhem and it might be a valid map if the Allied player manage to follow through on the original plan.   Confused

But why the 'De Horst' map? All German attacks (and the US 82nd defence) in this area was at a broad-front. IMHO (unless you have "...a cunning plan, my lord") this map can be better used somewhere else.

Cheers

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Hoogley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:44 pm Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

I am open to suggestions my friend.

This is far from set in concrete, yet.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:02 am Post subject: Re: Operation Market Garden Mod for tLD Reply with quote

I think Buck is the person to ask for aerial photos.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: