Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1242
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:47 am Post subject: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

Dampsquib (from over at Matrixgames.com) and I have started a CoI Der Ost Front GC and it's been going pretty good for me. I've won the first two ops, although both sides have lost heavily in the fighting. The two of us have been learning to take on humans (as I've said, never played H2H until 2 months ago) and I think I'm doing pretty well. Early on I may have risked a few too many tanks, but now I'm being more cautious and letting the grunts do the fighting.

I'm going to keep grabbing screenshots to post.

Having gotten back into CC, I still find myself wanting to play CoI over the other games, even with the amazing mods!

Nice to be back in the commander's cupola.  Laughing

damp-dund-gc.JPG
 Description:
Der Ost Front 2 Grand Campaign
 Filesize:  125.48 KB
 Viewed:  6110 Time(s)

damp-dund-gc.JPG

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Dundradal

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:29 am Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

We started another operation and on the last battle of the evening I grabbed some screenshots.

I didn't get any of the first map of the operation, however I made Damp pay for every inch. The core of my BG was 2 152mm and 1 76mm guns. He didn't manage to get into their defense zones too often although when he did I would have one gun blast a round off to remove the offending target.  

Most of the damage was done with HMG, LMG and either a KV-1 or T-34 depending on the day. I held the first map for 5 days before needing to retire.

On the second map I fled without putting up a fight. I didn't want to lose tanks and AT guns in that open field when better defensive positions lay behind.

On the third map I knew there would be a great fight. The first day of this battle was our last of the night.

I used 2 newbie LMG teams as my tripwire in the buildings at the edge of my deployment zone to let me know when he'd decide to move out of the structures. I figured they could hold him up for a few minutes and maybe he'd expose other forces trying to encircle the LMG teams.

In the trenches on the west side of the river I had another LMG team to cover the other's retreat when the time came.

On the other side of the river I had 3 82mm mortar teams, 2 152mm, 1 76mm, 3 T-34 '41, 1 T-34 '42, sapernaya and HMG teams.

He began trying to advance and my LMG teams put up light resistance. He had a MkIV nearby that blasted one building so I pulled the other LMG team out before it suffered the same fate. The remains of the first team I pulled back to the west bank trench line under covering fire from the LMG team I stationed there.

Firing between the two lines continued until I noticed a MkIV moving through the woods to the south. I could tell it would eventually pass through a firing line by one of my T-34s so I waited until I had a side shot and then destroyed it with the first hit. Hence the small bulge in the lines to the south. After a few more minutes of ineffectual fighting we agreed to a truce.

cc-bridge-battle.JPG
 Description:
Bridge O Death
 Filesize:  130.7 KB
 Viewed:  6087 Time(s)

cc-bridge-battle.JPG

cc-operation.JPG
 Description:
Overall Operation Results
 Filesize:  149.6 KB
 Viewed:  6087 Time(s)

cc-operation.JPG

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:45 am Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

Defending with four T-34s must have been a good feeling  Smile

Dundradal

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:53 pm Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

On the bridge, yes. Although I had them pushed into the woods. I was using the Inf and AT guns to reach out and touch him if he got too close. The tanks were more for counterattacks.
But yeah it sure was reassuring!  Very Happy

Go."

Dundradal

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:31 am Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

The operation did not go well for Damp. After 6 more days fighting his forces were only able to force the river when I retired in order to gain access to more tank types before the operation ended.

I made him bleed quite a bit on the middle map. He's still learning how to force crossings.

dund-damp-cc-op.JPG
 Description:
Total Victory!
 Filesize:  150.12 KB
 Viewed:  6051 Time(s)

dund-damp-cc-op.JPG

Go."

Dundradal

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:04 pm Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

Here's the latest update from the front....

Here's the last battle results with the map, overall operational and grand campaign results as well. I'm doing a nice job of making sure the Germans pay for invading Mother Russia  Laughing

damp-operation.JPG
 Description:
Operation Results
 Filesize:  142.26 KB
 Viewed:  6024 Time(s)

damp-operation.JPG

damp-map.JPG
 Description:
Battle Map
 Filesize:  91.25 KB

damp-map.JPG

damp-battle.JPG
 Description:
Battle Results
 Filesize:  128.16 KB

damp-battle.JPG

Go."

Dundradal

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:06 pm Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

GC Results

damp-gc.JPG
 Description:
Grand Campaign Results
 Filesize:  129.08 KB
 Viewed:  6017 Time(s)

damp-gc.JPG

Go."

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:44 am Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

I designed the Caucas Mountain series of maps with a view to be defendable by the Soviet AI.  Herr Damp did well to get as far as he did.  Very Happy

Dundradal

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:23 pm Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

I'm mostly posting to the Matrix forums for our AARs.

Here's the link.

CoI AAR Matrix Forums

And I'll be sure to let him know that. He's still learning how to do H2H, but has improved greatly since our first game.

Go."

Dundradal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

I'm continuing to update the Matrix thread of this GC.

I've also got a second one going with Tigercub as well.

Go."

Dundradal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: Dampsquib vs Dundradal Der Ost Front GC Reply with quote

The GC is now complete.

The AAR is fully updated for the whole campaign.

Enjoy!

Go."

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

Jump to: