Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:59 am Post subject: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2499513

We have made a new beta patch available for you to try in the Members Club. It is a comprehensive update with a long list of changes. You will need to register your game, if you haven't already, and click on the Registered Downloads. We hope to make this official, if no issues are found. Let us know how it works for you.

*Note* - Do to the changes in this version it is recommended you start a new game, as the data files in previous saves are not compatible.

Change List

5/12/2010 – 4.50.10b

* Fixes

o Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect message post-BG screen about who was
           attacker / defender on the first turn of an operation or campaign.
         o Fixed crash when airstrike bombs or rockets going off the bottom map edge.
         o Fixed potential memory corruption bug with mini-map painting out of bounds
         o Fixed a memory corruption bug that could occur just post-battle
         o Fixed spelling error in message about being unable to move due to strategic
           surprise.
         o Fixed crash when AI can not find a valid setup location for a team.
         o Fixed post-battle crash condition after flamethrower(s) were used.
         o Changed "Slush" elements explode effect from "Water" to "crater".
         o A few new aircraft graphics added.

* AI

o Fixed a bug where the AI player could fail to move battle groups on the strategic
           map when not in contact with the enemy.
         o The overall force strength ratio (ratio of the overall strength of AI playerís side to
           the known or estimated strength of the playerís side) is now given more weight in
           the AI playerís decision making when considering moves on the strategic map.
         o The AI player will favor more aggressive moves on the strategic map when the AI
           playerís side has strategic surprise (i.e. when the playerís side can not move).

* Map

o Setup zone now guaranteed to include the squares adjacent to a controlled Victory
           Location.
         o All maps checked for general coding errors.
         o Bridges coded as "bridge" as opposed to the variety of road type elements
           previously coded.
         o Bridge map coding improved to support better vehicle pathing.
         o Maps checked for usage of interior walls
         o Maps checked for usage of "double wide" exterior walls coding method.
         o Reported map coding and map graphic errors fixed.
         o Added missing interior on Liefrange.
         o Added trees for painted in shadows on Liefrange.
         o Fixed bright outline on Krinkelt-Rocherath building interiors.
         o Removed Alled entry VL on Sibret BTD.

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:55 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Glad to see an update, can I install this over v4.50.07b?, will I need to uninstall mods?.

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

I'd uninstall mods during installation.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:43 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

So I can install v4.50.10b over top of v4.50.07b?, I just want to make sure.

I only have one mod installed anyway, and I don't really like it - my soundmod. I'll remove it prior to installing the new patch.

Will mods from here work okay after installing v4.50.10b?. http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

Thanks for answering my questions.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2499513
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:48 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Quote:
ORIGINAL:  Andrew Williams

please note:

All mods for the retail version of WaR will not function if this beta patch is installed.

So mods will need to be updated for the final patch?

Note sure if it's an oversight or not but the WAR thread doesn't mention an ETA on the final patch while the TLD thread gives next week as the ETA.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:33 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

There's still upturned wrecks.

Upturned Wreck.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.33 MB
 Viewed:  10706 Time(s)

Upturned Wreck.jpg

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:11 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

The upturned wreck was drawn that way so it isn't a bug but more to do with it being realistic or not.... I guess if CC had multiple wrecks per vehicle it would probably be fine to have an upturned wreck?

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:59 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

For 10 minutes 3 Panthers camped at the Castle rocking back and forth. They don't even bother to grab VLs.

Clervaux.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.33 MB
 Viewed:  10696 Time(s)

Clervaux.jpg

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:03 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Sorry for being critical, this isn't expected to be fixed in a patch. However, this bothers me - when playing as the Germans I ordered my tanks to move forward and instead they did a 180 degree turn. Allowing for an up the kilt shot from an ATG.  Evil or Very Mad
In WaR the vehicle path-finding seems to be the worst.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:28 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

I thought WAR was going to get Night Battles and an increase in slots in the force pools?

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Didn't they get included?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:10 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

I'm playing the "Counter Offensive" as Allies now and haven't seen a night battle, of course i'm still on Turn1.
I count the slots at being 20
The Setz map is corrupted.
The new Schonberg map looks,well........different,what happened to the original one?

Last edited by platoon_michael on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:10 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Looking at the BG screen the additional FP spots are not shown....

Was testing the Meuse mod on WAR along with TLD and I swore that the spots were there under either game.....

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Not sure whats going on here.
Almost 10 days since the patch was released and no one finds anything wrong?

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  647.06 KB
 Viewed:  10613 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

UO0009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  647.43 KB
 Viewed:  10613 Time(s)

UO0009.jpg

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Yes the Setz map is a problem in the patch....

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

what are the Uo8 and 9 pictures of?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Schonberg

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Schonberg

Looks like a tree farm???

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:16 am Post subject: Re: Wacht am Rhein New Beta Patch - 4.50.10b Available Reply with quote

Apparently my post makes no sense.

What I am trying to point out in the screen-shots is the troops uncover a house where none is depicted in game.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: