Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:21 pm Post subject: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Reply with quote

Dundradal, you can use BHQ like you would Hamachi if you like.

Open BHQ.
Open Configure and select the box to allow people see your IP.
Create a room in the preferred game lobby.
Wait for another person to join your room.
The other person can now get your IP by hovering over your name in the "Room Users" box.
Launch the game manually with the games shortcut.
Goto Multiplayer and select TCP.
Then select host.
Alt+Tab out of the game into BHQ.
Let the other player know that they can now search for a game.

Digs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 pm Post subject: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Reply with quote

The other player will need to launch the game also, through the games shortcut.
Goto Muiltiplayer and select Internet TCP/IP.
Select the Hosts IP box and enter in your IP address then hit ok.
After that, search for a game.

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Reply with quote

I understand that. But can I also use DirectPlay like GR and do that? It wasn't clear if you had to use the above way just for WAR or for every CC.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Digs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Reply with quote

Just look in your BHQ configuration/options, select what you want to use.

Dundradal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:31 am Post subject: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Reply with quote

Dampsquib and I have been messing around with BHQ today. I'm thinking I'm going to make the move. It has all the features of Hamachi AND it has the ability for DirectPlay if you'd like. It also supports every CC released. hamachi fills up too easily with people who aren't there. On BHQ you can do that all you want and not prevent others from playing.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."

Dundradal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:25 am Post subject: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Reply with quote

Directplay works perfect with COI on BHQ. Dampsquib and I played quite a few battles of our GC through it.

Also updated our AAR at Matrix forums.

Go."

vonB

Rep: 32.6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:34 am Post subject: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Reply with quote

This could be timely.  I am working on a prototype Operation Game for multiplayer (and in due course single player), and I am going to be looking at integrating BHQ into the Game Interface using the SDK.  Its going to be a walk in the dark for me as it takes me into a level of programming my home spun hacking hasn't taken me yet, but the prospect is appealing, so I am going to have a go.  This will mean having some friendly types willing to play test the connectivity, and put up with the hassles in the early stages.

The Project is CCOPS (No, no 'C' Cops  Wink ), but Close Combat Operations.  Soon the first useable interface will be ready and I hope someone will join in (actually, in due course, I hope a heap of people will join in!), because some of the technology is too advanced for me in terms of coding interactive graphics and other stuff.  In the meantime, I do what I can with what I am able, and the Project is about exploring the possibilities, rather than trying to nail the best thing since sliced bread in one hit (step by step... if it works, then the real thing can come phase 2+).  I'll post more soon...

Dundradal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:01 am Post subject: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Reply with quote

I'm just going to start using BHQ more. It's much better suited to players needs than Hamachi.

Go."

Dundradal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: CC IRC Chat Room? Reply with quote

Setting up an IRC room would be simple as well and for those not familiar with IRC a Javachat link could be created from the main page here that anyone can just click on and lead them to the room.

Go."

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: