Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1236
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
golani_2

Rep: 5.6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:49 am Post subject: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

These ideas shot to my head immediately after first seeing TLD, ain't no way I'd ever be able to implement them, but (in my very unexperienced mind) they don't sound like too much for the average modder.
I'd be glad if anyone's able to pick up the glove, I think the entire community could benefit from it and if not, well, I can keep on dreaming  Very Happy

1. The first thing I was pissed (yeah...actually got me mad) is seeing that the game has taken some from the original CC5, some from the bloody Omaha and some from GJS and of course some new stuff.

But why, why only some?!

Imagine how great it could be if all 3 where united, all the maps we have in our community storage from all 3 mods, basically the entire Normandy area to play with, from Utah to Cherbourg, from Omaha to Treviers and from GJS to beyond Caen.  
From the night of June 5th-6th until July 1st.

2. How about letting the Germans start out with Heavy artillery as default (heavy artillery as in the great ground combat mode) and making it dependent on which maps that have had actual Artillery batteries on they can defend?

For example only, heaving the Germans start out with 4 Artillery barrages per day as default, but if the American airborne are able to take out St. Germain they will be reduced to 3, if Azeville is taken it'll be reduced to 2, if the Marville battery is taken then 1, if the Rangers can reach the RN-13 Highway beyond Pont Du Hoc then 0.

Is it at all possible to mode?

Well, that's it so far, if this thread gains some interest by the pro's I'd probably be remembered of all my other dreams...

I wish... Wink

golani_2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:52 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

Nothing..? really...?  Sad  Shocked

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:11 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

Well...

1) The limitation is the numbers of strat-maps, out of my head I think the maximum is 64 in tLD. Same goes for the number of BG's, I think both these numbers are used to the max already.

2) Davidssfx made his TLD Ground Tactics mod where the Jerrys have artillery. Haven't tried it yet, but I've heard it's nice:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8207

Try it and see what you think.  Cool

Cheers

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

golani_2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:17 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

Only 64 maps?! that sucks....isn't there any way around it..?

I checked out Ground Tactics (also mentioned it in the original post and said it was great), but what I'm suggesting is making it dependent on maps, as far as I can remember the Germans only had batteries in St. Germain, Azevile, behind Pont Du Hoc and in Merville.
If the Allies take a map the Germans loose an artillery strike.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

Rumours says the re-release of CC2 will have 128 maps...

I don't think the artillery depending on maps is possible to achieve, as far as I know there is only two ways to include artillery in a CC game: -Strategic, using the original 'naval-barrage' as artillery (numbers determined in 'XX':\Program\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\DATA\BASE\Campaign.txt, great way to change a lot of settings, among them the length of the campaign and numbers of turns per day) or tactical, adding forward observer teams to the Force Pool of the BG's.

I wish there were a way to make anything depending on the map, I have some probs with the Germans in Hoogley's OMG mod since I can't make the FP depending of the deployment of the BGs...  Crying or Very sad

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 am Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

theyre good ideas you should post this on the matrix games forum.

You never know... they might include it in one of the next CC games Smile

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 am Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

All yor suggestions can't be modded as they are all hard coded in the *.exe

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:06 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

Im MIA but these kinds of threads makes me wonder...CC is a game from -97. The updated releases is better but it is NOT a new game! Im almost sure of that the new version of CC2 is based on the TlD/ WaR engine with max 64 maps!! If you want a new CC you will probably have to wait for years....

The modders CANT change the limits for the game, coded in the exe...

Welcome! this planet is called The Earth...

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

Quote:

Sapa is the doorman... tip him on the way through.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

golani_2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
Im MIA but these kinds of threads makes me wonder...CC is a game from -97. The updated releases is better but it is NOT a new game! Im almost sure of that the new version of CC2 is based on the TlD/ WaR engine with max 64 maps!! If you want a new CC you will probably have to wait for years....

The modders CANT change the limits for the game, coded in the exe...

That's why I repeatedly mentioned I never modded and have no clue about it and asked if these could be done at all.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

No it can't and i think that 64 maps is more than enough...ask yourself.. do you play the GC on every each of the the 64 maps? do you play the GC on every of the 44 maps in CC5?? i think that you can answer on your own??? whats the use in adding more maps when you are not using them???

Yes its nice, Smile but it means a lot of more work for the mapmaker and for what?? The GC is always stuck on the same of maps and the rest is  just movement areas...

Sorry if you think i am rude but after years of modding and playing im probablly damaged....  Rolling Eyes

golani_2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:52 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

Well I've been playing since '97(?? CC5...) and always fantasized about it... when I saw how TLD almost made it I felt it shouldn't be too much to ask I mean all the connections between the beachheads are already there, the maps are already made, just needs some permission from the makers and stick it in there (well, not that easy but you know what I mean...).

Now that I understand the game is limited to only 64 maps I understand it's not possible.

As far as playing on every map and how the game is always narrowed into the same maps:

1) TLD's start map is very narrow, which bottleneck's you into playing the same maps all the time, there's only 1 advance route per each allied BG, there's no room to maneuver at all.

Unlike the wider start maps of WaR and CC5 (and GJS) which actually allows maneuvering, the fact that it's so short on turns also contributes to it.

You'll usually play the paratroops' maps, the beach map and the "last" maps.

2) The retreat function which showed up on WaR and then vanished on TLD makes the game harder, funner and makes you play almost every map out there, I wish someone could figure out already how to enable it on TlD as well...

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

To enable retreat in TLD:

go to \Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\DATA\BASE\
make a copy of Campaign.txt
then edit/open Campaign.txt
change the zero below to 1

# BGs retreat on rout (0 = disband on rout, 1 = retreat on rout)

golani_2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:46 pm Post subject: Re: Some ideas for the modders Reply with quote

Yeah I know that, but it clashes with something and still isn't enables...

Don't you remember the thread I opened a while ago...?
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7884&highlight=

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: