Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1266
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:50 pm Post subject: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Idea

Last edited by Stwa on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:02 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Idea

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:32 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Idea

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Please ask a direct question and I will answer as best i can.

What can i say about CCMT?

Best scenario editor in the business.
Love mount/dismount
Love the stability
square maps requirement is extremely annoying
Can't wait for CCMTII
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:49 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

I too find the necessaity to set up all 10 Battelgroups on the Map tiresome when you know it is only going to be Single Player, and in Single Player, you can't even get at the other 8 Battlegroups in Game.

The issue I am sure is becasue of the 5 x 5 Multiplayer.  The Game does not know until all the Multiplayer connections have been established how many Players each side is going to have, hence the set up all 10 in Scenario creation.

I would have thought is a relatively simple task to modify the program so that it only presents the number of Multiplayer connactions available based on how may were set up during the scenario creation.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed if the Allied Teams seem to have a better morale and weapon performance?  CCM3 was 'weighted' somewhat in the Marines favour...

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Idea

Last edited by Stwa on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:30 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Idea

Last edited by Stwa on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

vonB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:52 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Quote:
square maps requirement is extremely annoying

Vraimant!?  I haven't tried any of the 1x4km Maps, but does it run these?  These are anything but square...  Wink

Although I am sure that they (the programmers) have not lost the plot, you do touch on a serious issue with regards to the CC Code base.  There has been no consistent development team on the case since CC started.  Consequently, you have had bunches of different people picking up someone elses work, and trying to make sense of it and change/extend it.  Laziness and financial pressure have meant that little if any 'tidying' up as been done over the years, and consequently, it is more complicated than it otherwise might have been.

A comment I remember from one of the programmers was about the risk of changing something causing some other logic to behave differently, and not always an improvement!  This makes any propsect of upgrading and extending the Code more risky, and therefore less likely to happen.  The only sensible approach to to rewrite it, but that's a very expensive thing to do, and therefore less likely to happen.  One day I hope I will be able to say "Close Combat is dead!  Long live Close Combat!".

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

In a similar vein to Stwa's logic.

Stwa's therapist has thrown up his hands and suggested he self medicate with on-line forum therapy.

The gulf oil spill was a direct result of CCMT coding errors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Idea

Last edited by Stwa on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Yeh... I can buy a hummer with confidence now  Smile

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Hey Please!

No WAR....................CORDIALITY Wink

I think that Schrecken everything he knows about CCMT

must work to change CCMT and to encourage many players Wink

sorry if I meddle in this battle Embarassed

heia Safari!!

vonB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

I am sure CCMT will come into its own once there is a compelling Strategic Game it integrates with, and the multi multi player, if that ever gets taken up.  If ever there was a Clan 'match' version of CC, this is it.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:08 am Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Idea

Last edited by Stwa on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:33 am Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

I know I had a CD somewhere... can someone look down the back of the lounge?

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:59 am Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Idea

Last edited by Stwa on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

OK, you take the vehicle; I'll take *her*!

Laughing

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Very Happy  U GENTS!   :)

Ok.   Let's say what we all been thinking !   Well, me anyways :P

Make THEE mod. of all time ~ cc2 Redo! "Last Stand Arnhem for Close Combat Modern Tactics AND make use of all that map SPACE for 8 more players ! ! !  

I even think People will buy 'LSA'  the game Just to get the mod. !

Talk about a marriage made in....  CC heaven!  Smile

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:10 am Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

I sincerely hope that the code has not gone missing. I am still eagerly awaiting some sign of life of a new patch arriving.

zon

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:41 am Post subject: Re: CCMT The Final Patch Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

After CC2 redux, I really only notice a few bugs really, and some of things might just be my imagination.

The CCMT Redux exe fixes many of the ills in the game. Someone just needs to change the text strings back to default terms (i.e. OPFOR, etc.).

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: