Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1225
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:55 pm Post subject: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Ok I felt it was necessary to start a thread like this.

I have found a couple of bugs wich I allready reported to the team but I'd like to know if certain Bug's I have also occur on your version:

- Los problems: I have a problem with my Allied teams. Eventough when they have a clear LOS it seems that I can't get a shot of. It just says it has no LOS. It only has if the enemy is moving across the open. Or when they fire at me. The other way around when i'm playing with the germans this error doesn't occur.

- We can't hurt that. I sometimes have a problem with the 50cal or 30cal that it says (while the enemy is within range) it can't penetrate the armour...

This are the major things which i've found so far.

Cheers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

golani_2

Rep: 5.6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:17 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Haven't met any of those, but here's what I've seen so far:

1. Sometimes unit won't obey move path, i.e if I give certain waypoints they'll just skip them and run all the way to the last waypoint.

2. If a unit has a waypoint near the edge of the map it'll just get stuck there for the rest of the mission.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:40 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
Ok I felt it was necessary to start a thread like this.

I have found a couple of bugs wich I allready reported to the team but I'd like to know if certain Bug's I have also occur on your version:

- Los problems: I have a problem with my Allied teams. Eventough when they have a clear LOS it seems that I can't get a shot of. It just says it has no LOS. It only has if the enemy is moving across the open. Or when they fire at me. The other way around when i'm playing with the germans this error doesn't occur.

- We can't hurt that. I sometimes have a problem with the 50cal or 30cal that it says (while the enemy is within range) it can't penetrate the armour...

This are the major things which i've found so far.

Cheers Buck

Confirm on "We can't hurt that", seen it a few times, but at least once I think it was an AB Rifle Team.

Keep an eye at your Shermans as well. At the last second before the German moral got to low I think I saw a Sherman firing north with the turret facing west. (The battle ended before I even got the time to press Pause and check it up!  Crying or Very sad )

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

zon

Rep: 17.5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Russian voices for Polish troops - done on purpose likely but still a bug

Pathfinding with multiple waypoints is rewarded with can't-reach-target when the path is lengthy, even if you are using roads

Reverse crawl of death -- troops start crawling backward when under pressure from the enemy and get cut down because they leave themselves out in the open. Another move command can counteract this, but what a pain.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Quote:
Keep an eye at your Shermans as well. At the last second before the German moral got to low I think I saw a Sherman firing north with the turret facing west. (The battle ended before I even got the time to press Pause and check it up

that graphical problem was in CC at least since CC2 - doesn't affect perfomance, only visual glitch.

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:31 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

It seems that Allied troops can't shot at germans that are in their starting positions that are  trenches, hedgegrowes or houses.

Same with driving around with tanks; "can't go there", although it is a perfect open place.

It also seems that the enemy always has "always see enemy forces" on. 2 sec after start they mortar my ATGs that are outside their LOS and hiding in woods.

And in GC it seems that the enemy AI ain't agressive. During the entire game they moved 4 BGs. Gräbner's, Landstorm Nederland, 107 z brig and many others BG just stood in their starting positions without moving.

The Game crasches when I play one of the maps (can't remember the name right now, but it's down on the far-right corner on the stratmap) on the 20 september when a German BG counterattacks.

And some small corrections: the 224 panzer brigade's  B2 flammpanzers (f) are marked as Dutch, but they should be regular Heer.
Typo: Landstrom Nederland, which should be Landstorm Nederland

"CC for ever"

karlmortar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Hmmm...now I'm unsure if the 224 is a heer crewed unit.
They might be dutch. The correct designation for the unit is: Panzer Kompanie 224 (C) ND. ND probably is Netherlands?

"CC for ever"

HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:32 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

golani_2 wrote (View Post):
Haven't met any of those, but here's what I've seen so far:

1. Sometimes unit won't obey move path, i.e if I give certain waypoints they'll just skip them and run all the way to the last waypoint.

2. If a unit has a waypoint near the edge of the map it'll just get stuck there for the rest of the mission.

I've also experienced both of these several times.

HogansHeros

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:56 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Any one else having armor put up redeployment canceled by attack message (not right wording but same idea) at odd times. In a few battles with no enemy AT teams I had a tank give this message 3 to 5 times.

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:27 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

allied jeep icons (pictures) are WAY TOO SMALL. It says there are 3 guys - maybe 3 gnomes would fit there;)

karlmortar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:25 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Ok some corrections of what I said: on 22nd of september, when KG Walther arrives on the Gemet map. When I attack them I can choose my troops and the germans but when the maps loads I get to Loading Map or something, with the blackscreen with the text bar still there I hear the drummroll, then the game CTD.  Worth mentioning is that during the map loading everything is offset twords the right down cornern insteed of being centered.

And now Im pretty sure that 224 Pz Coy should be regular Heer, NOT dutch. The 224 was created in July 1943 and moved into Holland sometime during the summer of 1944.

"CC for ever"

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:05 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

British Para Bren Groups have 2 inch mortars, but I've never seen them use them.  Confused

zon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):
British Para Bren Groups have 2 inch mortars, but I've never seen them use them.  Confused

Try placing smoke.

zon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:36 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Troops prone on paved roads have cloaking power. Can't see them even when friendlies are almost on top of them. The cover values for paved roads seems a little high in the elements file.

7A_Woulf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

zon wrote (View Post):
7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):

Try placing smoke.

Aha, smoke mortars!  Cool
Thx m8

HogansHeros

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

If the midnight turn has no battles in it then the day X video does not launch at the end of that turn/beginning of the next one.

HogansHeros

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

karlmortar wrote (View Post):

And in GC it seems that the enemy AI ain't agressive. During the entire game they moved 4 BGs. Gräbner's, Landstorm Nederland, 107 z brig and many others BG just stood in their starting positions without moving.

I just played the Last Stand Arnhem operation (out of ammunition, god save the king) as the Allies. I just left the British on the Arnhem road bridge map waiting for enemy attacks. However, the operation ended without the Germans ever attacking me. To make sure it was not a fluke I tried again. Same outcome; the Germans never even bother to attack. I can just hit execute/next until the operation ends.

No wonder grand campaign victories were so easy, there must not be any strategic AI.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Hogan

I think you will find that the Germans win that operation by not moving... please correct me If I'm wrong.

I would basically put this down to poor scenario design ie. The Germans control the majority of VL's (victory in CC sence) and yet the object is to more and destroy the British... they don't need to as they have already won.

In spite of that the issue is being looked at now and being tested
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:58 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

yep, you lost

LSAopresult.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.05 KB
 Viewed:  18464 Time(s)

LSAopresult.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Ja!  vee are ownink ze VL's, zo vee direct ze Bafarian Fart at you Englishe pig dogs!  Vee are not carink vesser you Schmite ze execute button until ze cows are comink from ze home!  Vee haff von! Now, fair voss it I put zat Schnapps....

(sorry, a momentary lapse... it will pass....).  I think I read too many Trash Mags (War Comics) when I was a child.... ahem...

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: