Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Gerwin

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:12 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Good feedback/questions Gerwin;

Did my best, thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Grey 1 = This happens when there is two BG's on the same map, that unit is from the other BG. Click above the unit list on the left to switch between the Frontline and Reserve BG

Okay, I can see it in an opponent battlegroup, It does not repsond to left/right clicks, but when I click "revert" it becomes totally greyed out, as in Grey 2.

Quote:
Grey 2 = that slot is available for a unit to be purchased for.

No, it cannot be filled. The bug is present already in the very first single battle of the game, where I expected that slot to hold a tank. The tank won't show in the game though, leaving me with little to complete the battle.

Quote:
The unit you changed (center column 2nd from the top) had it number value in green which means it is new and can be switched without penalty. After the unit goes to battle once you will only get half the points back when you remove it from the active roster.

I read it in the manual before. The point is that by doing that I gave two other (red) teams their fifth soldier back, for free. You can see it in the images.
Because when removing the unit back to the force pool, the game refills your existing teams where possible with soldiers from the removed unit. Which is partly realistic, but allows u to cheat by just swapping any green unit or otherwise any cheap red unit several times untill the whole battle group is refitted to full manpower.

I am kinda new to using battlegroups and the strategic map. For years I stuck to CCIII and COI.

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Kudos for the latest patch.  I've seen a major improvement in overall gameplay, especially for vehicle pathing and AI gameplay.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Grey 2 - just started a test GC as the Allies and for the 1st battle that spot is only available for the reserve BG to buy a unit for it.

Added soldiers - I see that now; left column unit 3 from the top and center column unit 4 from the top. Reported the bug to Matrix/S3T....

Gerwin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:52 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Grey 2 - just started a test GC as the Allies and for the 1st battle that spot is only available for the reserve BG to buy a unit for it.

I wrote it occurs in the first single battle "Arnhem heights", german side. Not in the GC. There is a grey slot there.  The german group strength is said to be high, and the briefing talks about tanks, but all you get is a little infantry and the greyed out slot.
It happens in many other battles too, or has a mod messed up my install? I only ever used the /D mod method.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Here is the Arnhem Heights German BG pictures.

Picture 1
Frontline BG with 86 points but no unit is shown in white as purchasable

Picture 2
Reserve BG with 31 points, 3 units listed in white can be purchased

Having 2 BG's on a map is new feature in LSA, to switch BG's click on the either one of the two tabs above the forcepool list of units.

Edit: it is not letting me attach the picture I will try again later.

Gerwin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:52 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Having 2 BG's on a map is new feature in LSA, to switch BG's click on the either one of the two tabs above the forcepool list of units

Wow, I found it, Thanks! Sorry for complaining it is obviously working properly.

Then again about bugs:
- craters display above bridge topside

Doubtful things:
- Why is the arnhem heights force strength bar always in favour of the germans, even when this is obviously not the case in the battlegroup screens?
- Shouldn't the grey slot (grey 2) display a string like "OTHER BG SLOT" or  "FRONTLINE BG"/ "RESERVE BG"
- The grey-faded area of certain BG slots is a few pixels off in width/height.
- Why doesn't the unit info bar at the bottom display the amount of men as well? Currently I first have to purchase a unit to see how much men it holds.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Gerwin wrote (View Post):
Having 2 BG's on a map is new feature in LSA, to switch BG's click on the either one of the two tabs above the forcepool list of units

Wow, I found it, Thanks! Sorry for complaining it is obviously working properly.

No problem.... Keep the feedback coming, it will help to make the game better!

Quote:

Then again about bugs:
- craters display above bridge topside

Another graphic layer bug.... If you can get screen shots it would help in finding the bugs when they are submitted to Matrix/S3T....

Edit: don't worry about the picture, have one. Did think of one problem of having the superstructure above the craters, the superstructure might not ever show damage then...

Quote:

Doubtful things:
- Why is the arnhem heights force strength bar always in favour of the germans, even when this is obviously not the case in the battlegroup screens?

Bug submitted. Your right, if you look at the number and or value of units the Allies definitely have the advantage.

Quote:

- Shouldn't the grey slot (grey 2) display a string like "OTHER BG SLOT" or  "FRONTLINE BG"/ "RESERVE BG"

Good suggestion.

Quote:

- The grey-faded area of certain BG slots is a few pixels off in width/height.

Quote:

- Why doesn't the unit info bar at the bottom display the amount of men as well? Currently I first have to purchase a unit to see how much men it holds.

Good suggestion.

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

It's not a Bug ,But more of a gameplay issue. I didn't find even a single soldier armed with G43 Rifle ! Why???

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

TriBeCa99

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:36 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

I might be missing something here, so maybe this is intended behavior, but it seems off to me.

On the first turn of the GC I reinforced the Irish Guards unit with two halftracks from the reserve BG. They were not damaged or destroyed during combat, but on the next turn they are gone. They do not appear to be part of the reserve BG, and the reserve group now has ~half the forcepool points it did on the last turn.

Seems to me the game automatically sold them off at half value? That really doesn't seem right....

edit: Also, the AIs ability to strategically place AA (and I presume AT) guns on maps with lots of cover is atrocious. They seem to like sticking them in places where they have no firing lanes at all, and are extremely easy to ambush with lone infantry units. Perhaps a tweak that has them place guns far from enemy deployment areas and with long sight lines (like streets or roads)?

TriBeCa99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:33 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but I've just encountered something else. I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or intended behavior, but if it's intended there's something very wrong.

I'm currently playing the grand campaign as the allies, with germans set to "recruit" and allies set to "elite".

I had taken the Veghel bridge, and have now been defending it from counterattacks. At 12:00 hours on the 18th I got the Germans to accept a ceasefire--at the time they only held the "to Dinther" VL. At 15:00 I move another BG in Schijndel, because the one that had been defending has precious few men left.

Now here is the bug:

In addition to the VL they controlled when a ceasefire was declared, they now control the most important VL on the map--the bridge itself. They did not control this when the ceasefire was agreed upon, and clearly agreeing to a "ceasefire" is ENTIRELY different from a "ceasefire and you can advance 300 meters and take control of the strategic resource we've been killing each other for all day."

What gives?

Finally, here's something that I know is intended behavior but still drives me nuts:

I can't use any of the reserve battlegroup's forces. When the ceasefire was declared they were all on the north side of the bridge--two mortar teams and about 10 surviving infantrymen. But now, all I can get on the north side of the bridge is a single sniper. I realize that the 2 BGs on one map is a major advance for CC, but really the reserve needs to step it up and actually commit some forces to the battle. I can't for the life of me figure out how the number of forcepool points a BG has is calculated, except for the fact that 90% of the time it's 0 and even a very well equipped BG will often contribute absolutely nothing to an important conflict going on right next to them. I'm not sure what the mechanics of this are from a programmers/modders perspective, but the way it works currently is clearly grossly unrealistic.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:12 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

You know what i think...do you care...I'll tell you anyway.

It's seems like back to the future with CC5 just released and Atomic walking away from it.

After three years of hard work by quite a few good people the LSA release is almost as stable as CC5 when it was released.

All we need now is for matrixgames to lose interest..

Anyone want to lay odds?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:53 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

It's seems like back to the future with CC5 just released and Atomic walking away from it.

After three years of hard work by quite a few good people the LSA release is almost as stable as CC5 when it was released.

Anyone want to lay odds?

Too ambitious with new features...and unfortunately most of them looks rushed without proper testing (if any).
And a lot of time wasted trying to fix things that weren't even broken in the first place.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:44 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

Anyone want to lay odds?

Theirs only one reason a Co. looses interest in it's product.
And that reason is they are not making any money off of it.

And that problem lies within the Co. its self.
Not because of the consumer.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

plt_michael (The Sage)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:01 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

And that means?

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:21 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_officinalis

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:38 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

TriBeCa99 wrote (View Post):
I might be missing something here, so maybe this is intended behavior, but it seems off to me.

On the first turn of the GC I reinforced the Irish Guards unit with two halftracks from the reserve BG. They were not damaged or destroyed during combat, but on the next turn they are gone. They do not appear to be part of the reserve BG, and the reserve group now has ~half the forcepool points it did on the last turn.

Seems to me the game automatically sold them off at half value? That really doesn't seem right....

Interesting to see you post that.
I see the same thing with my BG's in WAR

One Battle I have 4 Panthers
Next turn I have only 2

Hmmm...........

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:53 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Tribeca99

Which version of LSA are you using?

Plt_michael

Which version of WaR are you using?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:14 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Have to check again but the VL creep problem was fixed in one of the patches.

TriBeCa99 are you using the 02 beta patch?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2592573

TriBeCa99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:00 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Yes, I'm using 5.60.02b as stickied in this forum. I'm trying to remember the timeline of exactly when I installed it, and it's posssssible that my first post in this thread was before I installed, but the issues described in my second post where definitely under 02 beta.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: