Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

4.501b

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:03 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
You know what i think...do you care...I'll tell you anyway.

It's seems like back to the future with CC5 just released and Atomic walking away from it.

After three years of hard work by quite a few good people the LSA release is almost as stable as CC5 when it was released.

All we need now is for matrixgames to lose interest..

Anyone want to lay odds?

Are you preparing us for something here?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:43 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Have to check again but the VL creep problem was fixed in one of the patches.

TriBeCa99 are you using the 02 beta patch?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2592573

LSA v5.60.02 Public Beta has been updated to v5.60.021 Public Beta and it includes a fix for VL's changing hands when changing the front line BG. Here is a list of the other changes from .02 to .021 (looks like a lot of the feedback is being heard);

# Grand Campaign: Added German major supply depot on Helmond map.
# 506.s.Pz.Abt. no longer gets more starting purchase points on Elite than on Veteran.
# Fixed extra team(s) could be assigned to a BG when it returned after retreating off the map.
# Fixed a case of soldier getting into circular move along the side of a long, linear obstacle.
# Fixed a case of soldier getting stuck behind an obstacle right at the map edge.
# Fixed last survivor on a team could capture terrain when routed.
# Timer and force morale now show up when viewing Overview screen.
# Scenario Editor no longer shows the wrong battle group name in the top banner when you clicked on or very close to the diamond rectangle.
# Fixed case where incorrect end game video could be shown when game ends on the Strategic screen.
# Fixed case where extra Victory Location could be awarded to opposing side when one side switched front line battle groups.
# Reduced chance of a gun damage result for non-penetrating hits on vehicles.
# Fixed crash with custom scenario on Ravenstein map when no Allied entry zone was set.
# Fixed case where a bridge could become primed for demolition when Axis captured a single bridge Victory Location.
# Scenario Editor "Battle Group Info" now reflects reinforcements that will arrive in the battle group's force pool based on turn currently selected.
# Reduced gun damage and immobilize chance for grenades versus vehicles with higher armor.
# Reduce soldier's likelihood of throwing grenades at vehicles outside of close assault situation.
# Reduced rating of anti-vehicle SP ammo (i.e. APDS) vs. infantry and terrain, so it is not used unless all other ammo is gone.
# “Under repair” bridge status now cleared correctly after movement resolution when full supply is lost and the bridge is uncontested.
# Battle Group Screen: Removing a team (returning it to the Force Pool) removes the surviving team members as well, rather than re-distributing them to bring other teams up to strength. Teams that are automatically removed due to excessive casualties (immediately post-battle) still re-distribute their personnel to fill out other understrength teams.

WEAPONS.TXT
# Removed incorrect blast effect from 17pdr SP (APDS) ammo
# Corrected 17pdr AP penetration at point blank range.
# Corrected base accuracy for 3.7cm Pak HEAT round.

FPOOLS.TXT
# Added header fields to control BG slot scaling.

BGROUPS.TXT
# Modified KG Knaust default slot types so the AI will select tanks by default.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

TriBeCa99 wrote (View Post):
I might be missing something here, so maybe this is intended behavior, but it seems off to me.

On the first turn of the GC I reinforced the Irish Guards unit with two halftracks from the reserve BG. They were not damaged or destroyed during combat, but on the next turn they are gone. They do not appear to be part of the reserve BG, and the reserve group now has ~half the forcepool points it did on the last turn.

Seems to me the game automatically sold them off at half value? That really doesn't seem right....

Just thinking out loud here but since we both seen the same thing with different games.
I wonder does the quantities in the fpools changed?
I.E. you started with 3 Half Tracks in the fpools (You choose 2)
Then the fpools dropped to 1,maybe 2

I know my fpools change by dates.
The BG I had was using 4 Panthers and crushing the AI on Martelange,as the days progressed I noticed the BG only had 3 then went down to 2 Panthers despite not ever loosing any.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:21 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

For LSA I think it is expected behavior that Reserve BG units added to do battle with the Front line BG do not stay active.

They are not part of the Front Line BG so it makes sense that do not stay active there. What is harder to understand is why the Reserve BG doesn't get to keep them???

It does look like the units go back into the Reserve BG FP though so you are paying for their use in 1 battle (hopefully just 50% of the point cost as returning a used unit gets you 50% back).

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Last stand Arnhem Bug Report Reply with quote

platoon_michael,

Check your campaign.txt for the following lines;

# Auto-refresh FPs (ala stock CC4)

# Auto-add/remove teams to/from FPs on team type change? (0 = NO, 1 = YES)

The 1st line changes your FP every day while playing to match FP. Like CC4 you do not really affect the BG forcepool as you get whatever the assigned units are each day.

The 2nd line will add or remove a unit if in the FP the unit type changes. Example 0 no unit becomes ## Tiger so the Tiger shows up without pressing the reinforce button.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Jump to: