Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1225
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
zon

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:06 am Post subject: Battle editor Reply with quote

I had hoped this release would include a more robust scenario editor to create single battles with control of VLs, deploy zones, req points, etc. (Kind of like that old game called CC2.) Maybe in a future update???

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:57 am Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

It has certainly expanded i's capabilities... check the manual.

Not up to CCMT though, I'm afraid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

zon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:19 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

The manual? Hey, nice feature!

You guys have done so much to enhance the strategic level but continue to ignore the CC constituency (how big, how small I don't know these days but it could be encouraged) that prefers the battle of wits of H2H play on well thought-out deploy zones and with the rock, scissor and paper elements you can get with units bought purely through req points. With the game going back to the MG op, now would have been the perfect time for rebuilding these elements into the game.

I'm about six battles into a campaign and I am already bored of wondering about on massive maps looking for the enemy as I break out of my tiny box deploy area. I played a game last night where I swear I didn't see an enemy soldier for 15 minutes of manoeuvring about taking VLs.

Hey, I don't mean to be harsh, just my opinion. I'm sure many see it differently.

zon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:23 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

zon wrote (View Post):
... bored of wondering about on massive maps ...

That would be wandering, though I am wondering too. Am I missing the edit post function on this board?

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

Its been disabled for creeps.  Wink

JUST KIDDING  Exclamation

Wandering and Wondering, I have been telling em for years. Ze maps need to be smaller.  Idea

When I am gaming, I like to SHOOT and KILL. I don't like wandering or wondering around the battlefield.  Confused

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

zon

mod 1 is a small maps mod    Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

zon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:30 am Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
zon

mod 1 is a small maps mod    Smile

Sounds interesting!

zon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:38 am Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Its been disabled for creeps.  Wink

JUST KIDDING  Exclamation

Reporting for duty, thank you.

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:05 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

zon has hit on the essence of CC and why it is so compelling.  This has little to do with the quality of CC. but an illustration of human nature.

Its a fascinating debate...

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:19 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

I've got no problem with big maps as i think it allows more tacticle flexability in H2H games.

Too much for the AI to handle though.

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
I've got no problem with big maps as i think it allows more tacticle flexability in H2H games.

Too much for the AI to handle though.

Can only agree with the previous speaker. Cool

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

zon wrote (View Post):

I'm about six battles into a campaign and I am already bored of wondering about on massive maps looking for the enemy as I break out of my tiny box deploy area. I played a game last night where I swear I didn't see an enemy soldier for 15 minutes of manoeuvring about taking VLs.

You can wait one future LSA-ABTF mod with the same number of maps than the original CC2 but with the new maps. I´m sure that this will have a better strategy.
Of course I will add the same teams and battlegroups from previous CCWAR-ABTF mod and with only two turns, one night turn and one day turn. This will be one of the new mods that I will make for this game, more of them are big conversions.

About scenario editor on LSA, it is many better, with the shift key you will see a small window where you can select the enter positions for both sides.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

zon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:09 am Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
zon wrote (View Post):

You can wait one future LSA-ABTF mod with the same number of maps than the original CC2 but with the new maps. I´m sure that this will have a better strategy.
Of course I will add the same teams and battlegroups from previous CCWAR-ABTF mod and with only two turns, one night turn and one day turn. This will be one of the new mods that I will make for this game, more of them are big conversions.

About scenario editor on LSA, it is many better, with the shift key you will see a small window where you can select the enter positions for both sides.

Thanks, NF. Good find on the shift key. Can't say I can locate that in the manual. I've added a gazillion points to a test scenario but can't seem to buy anything extra from the forcepool.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 am Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

Yes pressing Shift and clicking on the map of single battle allows you to set the entry VL for each BG and the points for each BG.

Note:
- The default units do not change when starting the battle you must sell your units and use the points to buy more and or more expensive units
- The battle group strength points entered are affected by the difficulty level; Recruit 140%, Green 120%, Line 100%, Veteran 80% and Elite 60%.

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

:D

That sounds MORE! like it !   :)

Zon post said it all......  for me.  :)

Individual battles are the B all !  The Best!  

And with the new maps ! WELL!  The Game (any CC game) Shelf (playability) Life is just prolonged that much more !

Tks All!

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

Go Normada  Exclamation

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

zon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:56 am Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Yes pressing Shift and clicking on the map of single battle allows you to set the entry VL for each BG and the points for each BG.

Note:
- The default units do not change when starting the battle you must sell your units and use the points to buy more and or more expensive units
- The battle group strength points entered are affected by the difficulty level; Recruit 140%, Green 120%, Line 100%, Veteran 80% and Elite 60%.

Thanks, Tejszd. The req point system seems to be broken though. Adding 600 points, for example, gives me an extra 70 or so points in one 200-plus point force, on recruit. You can just use only so many points, it seems. I may be missing something, but this feature appears to be seriously hobbled.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:07 am Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

Have you checked any chages in points with difficulty settings Zon?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 am Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

Just tested and it is working....

Tried with 4 BG's on line vs line

And the strength # (value of units already active/selected) + Battlegroup Point Pool # (unused points) = equaled the proper amount for each BG

zon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:28 am Post subject: Re: Battle editor Reply with quote

The points you can allocate appear to max out. Say you put 1,200 into the field (just to test the program), you don't necessarily get those points, even on recruit. Secondly, there are often team slots that are unavailable, so you can't get a full battlegroup and spend your points.

I think single battles should be editable so you can have a full slate of teams and the exact points you enter in the scenario editor. Sorry if I am being obtuse but maybe we are looking for different results.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: